Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Ask MLLASH (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Ask MLLASH
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Sassy Caliente has a bit of a ring???

Dear MLLASH

I toss and turn this recurring nightmare that a too short redheaded comic book writer in black pumps is beating me with a snakeskin whip. Everyone knows I prefer leather.

What can I do? I NEED my beauty sleep.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Blockade Boy,

2 words: BEER BUST.

Afterwards, you'll sleep through the night.

And also through work the next day!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Dear Mllash:

Is a beer bust anything like a beer belly? Whenever I enter a bar, all of the men look at me as though I were carrying kegs...

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Beer busts usually run about $5 for the night.

The "keggers" you're thinking of cost a few thousand dollars but usually last a lifetime!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Lashkins:

So tell me what you want, what you really really want.

Love,

The ever-lovin', brown-eyed Kippers

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
If a train leaves Chicago at 10 Am EST traveling in a southerly direction at a speed of 65 MPH with a northeasterly wind of 10 knots per hour and temperatures in the low 80's with a 37% chance of percipitation in the evening when a concert was scheduled to be performed in the park with a surprize reunion by the Monkees, a made-for-TV band but who could play their own instruments, did have musical talent, and had a hit with "Last Train to Clarksville" which was inspired by a riff from the Beatles' "Paperback Writer" which was not featured on the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Album which reminds me of Dr. Pepper the soft drink which is strange because I don't drink Dr. Pepper but prefer Coca Cola although both are made by the Coca Cola company which is headquartered in Atlanta GA, the site of the 1996 summer Olympics, the modern revival of the ancient Greek athletic games where the athletes competed in the nude which is another way of saying naked although I like to say "au naturale" and at this point you may be wondering if Quislet has a question or is he just rambling on going from one topic to the next which reminds me of a Bugs Bunny cartoon where Bugs is in the getaway car and talking and the short gangster AKA Rocky says "shut up" and Bugs goes "Sure I'll shut up, you don't have to tell me twice, when I am told to shut up, I shut up, not like other people who just go on and on and don't know when to shut up when they've been told to shut up..." and Rocky interrupts saying "Shut up shutting up!" Boy those Bugs Bunny cartoons were the best but getting back to the question because that is what this is all about, asking MLLASH questions so we can get a humorous response, now where was I? Don't tell me oh and that wasn't the question so don't try to cut me short, but maybe a recap of the question is in order, so we have a train traveling south from Chicago, possibly to Atlanta GA because that is south of Chigao, on the night of a Monkees Reunion concert which might get rained out, so given all that and then some, what do you think of me?

[ June 14, 2005, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Dear Lash,

I usually use the 60:40 ratio between ass-grabbing and hair-pulling during marathon sex. Do you agree with this ratio, or should I mix it up a bit?

Sincerely,
Rolling like Thunder under the Covers

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Lash, I'm addicted to itunes all of a sudden and on a downloading frenzy. I suddenly recalled that Lucinda Williams/Flogging Molly duet I told you about years ago and then thought I should try out some Lucinda Williams songs. Quick--give me your top five faves and I'll take a gander! Knowing me like you do, what do you think I may like?

- Cobie from CT

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

DRUNKEN ANGEL is a must

CAN'T LET GO is fun

OUT OF TOUCH, Lucinda sounds almost Sheryl Crow-ish

RIGHT IN TIME also featured on the L WORD soundtrack; sexy Lu

But you've gotta have a sad one too... REASON TO CRY or OVERTIME or LAKE CHARLES always bring a tear to my eye.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Dear MLLASH,

What did you think of my question dated June 14, 2005? And will you ever answer it?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
WTF? Lash, you told Cobie that Drunken Angel is a must, but then he had to have a sad one too? Songs don't come much sadder than Drunken Angel. Pineola is one that always gets me.

Joy is my favorite Lucinda song. Pure guitar power. When Car Wheels on a Gravel Road, came out Lucinda did an interview for NPR. The interviewer made a comment about how simple the music was. Lucinda laughed and said something like, "You have no idea what a complicated process you have to go through to get a simple song." That's the spirit I always take with me when listening to Lucinda. I hope you like what you download enough to get more, Cobie. Lucinda is best listened to a whole album at a time as opposed a song at a time. You have to invest the time and go to all of the strange and interesting places that the music will take you, if you want the full effect. She hasn't put out a weak album yet. Once she gets started she doesn't want to stop. I saw her do a seven song encore once. The band was dying. They wanted to get off that stage so bad, and she just kept on saying, "Just one more? What do you guys think?"

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Dear Lash,

Now that summer is coming, the humidity is starting to make my crest-feathers a little frizzy. What should I do?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Jerry-- I remembered seeing in the concert thread that you had seen Lu in concert 3 times, as I myself have. Belated greetings to a fellow Lu-lover!

And yes, DRUNKEN ANGEL indeed tells a sad story, but that upbeat melody insures that I sing slong happily every time (kinda like Stewart's MAGGIE MAY, which the intro reminds me of a great deal).

PINEOLA is a favorite of my Mom's.

But a tear in my eye is always assured during OVERTIME, REASON TO CRY, LAKE CHARLES, BUS TO BATON ROUGE, SWEET OLD WORLD, LONELY GIRLS, BROKEN BUTTERFLIES... (I could go on and on)

I think one of my favorite pre-CAR WHEELS Lu tunes has got to be SOMETHING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE TALK. That song is SO sweet.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Quis,

You had me at hello... but you lost me at "If a train leaves Chicago...". [Frown]

Rockhopper,

Hairspray-- My Momma told me not to use it... but that shouldn't stop you!

--------------------

Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, When We Talk is great. Lucinda has so many great songs. She has the coolest fans too.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.