Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » TV Final Episodes (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: TV Final Episodes
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Don't know if you are still interested in seeing the original pilot Greg but today they released the first season of Gillagan's Island on DVD and it include's the pilot.

Thanks for the info, but I'd have to go buy a DVD player to see it.

When it comes to technology, I'm so 20th century.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Director Lad:
Hill Street Blues: A fire damages the precinct house, raising the possibility that it could be razed and replaced by a new building. Crimes are solved, Furrilo fights Daniels, and at the end of the day, business continues as usual. The last shot of the series is Laurence Tierney, as the night sergeant, answering the phone with a gruff "Hill Street." Absolutely perfect.

And the best part: Lt. Buntz (Dennis Franz) decked Chief Daniels (Jon Cypher).

quote:
Barney Miller: The detective squad at the old "one-two" is reassigned after the city announces that the building has been condemned. Wojo ends up on the canine squad. the last shot is Barney briefly remembering the various detectives who have worked there (in quick flashbacks), then shutting off the lights and leaving the now empty squadroom.
Not quite. The building wasn't condemned. It was named an historical landmark when it was discovered that it had been the headquarters of Teddy Roosevelt when he was president of the New York Police Board in the 1890s. (Source: The Complete Directory to Prime Time TV Shows, 1946-Present, 5th Ed., by Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh)

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
Btw, was anyone here a "Farscape" fan? I hear some folks are pretty upset about how that ended.

I watched "Farscape" intermittently. Even so, I thought the ending was too much of a downer. It seemed like an expedient way of saying, "Don't get your hopes up. This show isn't coming back."

--------------------

lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
I loved the "Cowboy Bebop" ending as well though I wished Faye and Jet had bigger parts.

Btw, was anyone here a "Farscape" fan? I hear some folks are pretty upset about how that ended.

I loved Farscape. Best sci-fi show on TV since the original Star Trek. I was so glad to hear they are doing a wrap-up, too. I hate it when series end on a cliffhanger.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JR Loflin
Stay Ace!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JR Loflin   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
You know, though, considering John Crichton's consistently bad luck, the ending of Farscape would have been perfect, yet annoying at the same time. Happily though, we're getting at least a mini-series to finish it off now [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

From: Outpost Gallifrey | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Funny, I thought the ending of the show was meant to finish it off.

--------------------

Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Proty II   Author's Homepage   Email Proty II         Edit/Delete Post     
One of the worst I can think of is The Avengers, with Tara King and John Steed blasting off in a rocket that he built in his back yard. Mother is shocked because they're unchaparoned.

The last episode of the Dick Van Dyke Show was pretty good, where Rob's novel get optioned and Alan Brady is going to play Rob Petrie on TV.

The last episode of Ryan's Hope ended with everyone singing Dannyboy. I don't think you can top that.

Ken

--------------------
Yes, but now I'm back! I'm back FROM the future!

Vist Hyperion Ranch!
Guided tours of Chateau Crowbar now available!

http://hometown.aol.com/kidcrowbar/myhomepage/ranch.html

From: Hyperion Ranch, California | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Scrubs had a good finale. Not great, but good. It fit the show.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
i really enjoyed the end of sg1- it had none of that bull where every one goes there own new way. i hate that kind of stuff i know the show is ending i don't need to watch an episode saying that

i felt the end fit, it starts off knowing you should be sad within the first couple of minutes Click Here For A Spoiler with the Asgard as a race dieing unable to save themselves, so the tone was set. than the rest of the episode has the normal Sg1-we have a problem, we spend the episode working it out. then at the end everything is back to normal..

to me the best episodes were not the one that had the space battles..the countless explosions. no the best ones..were about the sacrifices , they or some one else had to make to do the right things. and that episode really captured that well..with giving it the chessy lets say good bye to the fans

they made a good episode. that easily could have fit any were in to series and that is what i call a good final episode. one you can watch and say damn that was good. shame it was the last one.

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.