Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Smallville ... MAJOR SPOILERS (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Smallville ... MAJOR SPOILERS
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Loved it. I posted a couple of comments in another thread last night. I wanted to remind people it was on and hopefully I helped somebody catch it when they might have forgotten.
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Favorite line was when Bart said he was off to find more super-heroes and maybe form a club or a league.
[Wink]

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That was a cool line APB! I also liked how all of his IDs were previous Flashes (Jay, Barry, Wally) and also how he says something about being from the future to Chloe (which Impuse/Bart Allen technically is in the comics). It was a fun episode, I wonder if it will be a consolation for not being able to get Batman on the show or can they get Bruce Wayne there too?
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I was a bit surprised at how much faster Bart seemed to be than Clark. I guess it's possible Clark wasn't really trying that hard, and/or hasn't developed his speed skills as much as Bart, but still... that last burst of speed made it seem like Bart was exponentially faster!
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

That's exactly what I thought too Stu. Clark just hasn't developed his full potential yet but Bart was born that way...no wait, he said he had an accident didn't he?

But yeah, it looked like Bart was much faster.

I got the best laugh out of that bit where Bart meets Chloe.
Clark,"This is my friend Bart, he's from..."
Bart,"The future! I ran back in time a hundred years just to tell you our love is still strong a hundred years from now."
-heh- what a shmoozer.

"Channeling your inner criminal" was a pretty funny line too.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I've seen from two different sources (Comics Continuum and Kryptonsite) that the 14th episode of this season will be called Krypto. I wonder if this will turn out to be what they hinted at before the season started. The surprise that only 'hardcore' Superman fans would recognize.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Cool! [Krypto]
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't seen any of Season 4 yet. Would you guys say it's a major improvement over season 3? IMO, Season 3 really blew chunks...especially with that whole Adam Knight storyline! Is the new season worth giving it another chance? If so, please give me some examples of how it's improved since last year.

Thanks, guys!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

How it's improved?
I'm not much of a critic so I'm not sure I can answer your question exactly that way but I really do see the writers having a lot more fun with the concept in season 4. Less soap opera and more exploration of the basics. Yes we've seen Bart Allen and Lois Lane lately but far from trying to set up some kind of iconic relationships they've landed pretty hard on the concept of the kid from Kansas seeing the big bad world with new eyes. Also it appears they've begun to set the stage for the Luthor/Kal-el feud and the eventual Lois/Clark dynamic. It's been a lot more fun than it was in season 3.
One thing I really didn't like much was Lana's new boyfriend but it does widen the rift that's growing between Clark and his childhood heartthrob. The storyline of their involvement was in poor taste according to my bible belt morality upbringing but I can see it as a darker moment in Clark's history adding depth to his eventual maturation. Not everything that glitters is gold after all.
I've been looking forward to every episode so far this season unlike last year where it felt like more of a duty than a pleasure. If the next year is as well thought out as this one I'll be around for more.

Hope that helps.

[ November 20, 2004, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Yellow Kid ]

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, it does, YK. Like, you, Smallvile turned into more of a duty for me, which made it easy to miss this year. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

Any others have feedback for me?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm enjoying this season a bit more. My hubby's been rolling his eyes when I tell him the plot developments, and they do get pretty far out there, but it's fun -- much more comic book geeky and a bit less "Dawson's Creek."

I'm still sorry they got rid of Pete. I wonder if the actor wanted out, they just couldn't think of enough for him to do or a combination of the two. But I hate it when a character is written out, then they pretend he never existed. This week's episode, they end with this big discussion about whether Clark should tell Lana, and how he can never tell anyone -- not even those closest to him -- because no one can possibly understand or like him any more. And after practically every sentence, I'm thinking "and Pete," "except Pete," etc.

Speaking of this week, AND

HERE'S

SOME

SPOILER

SPACE

Who arranged for Lionel to get out of prison? I had been channel surfing during the commercial and came back to see the last second of his laugh in the back of a car (limo?). The only person I could think of who might be more powerful is Dr. Swann, but 1. I didn't see Margot Kidder in the opening credits and 2. I would think it would be in Swann's best interest for Lionel to stay in prison.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I could never get into the show before, had pretty much given up on it. However my roommate is a fan, so i've ended up watching anyways. This season is pretty good, its actually managed to change my opion of the show, and i look forward to seeing it each week
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
The first few eps were excellent, the last few weeks have been a little more run of the mill. Here's hoping they get back on track. More Lois, less Lana! That witch episode was the freaking pits.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm still in the middle on this show... I've seen most of the first two seasons on ABC Family reruns and I started watching the third season about half way through on the first runs.

There's at least two times an episode where they just take flying leaps of faith or throw logic completely out the window and I just roll my eyes. Having said that, I find that I enjoy the show anyway. My wife loves the show though, despite the fact that she claims to hate "Sci Fi".

As far as "Is season 4 better than season 3?" questions go... I'd rate them about the same in quality. Both seasons would be immensely improved with Legion appearances.

[ December 03, 2004, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: minesurfer ]

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Who arranged for Lionel to get out of prison? I had been channel surfing during the commercial and came back to see the last second of his laugh in the back of a car (limo?). The only person I could think of who might be more powerful is Dr. Swann, but 1. I didn't see Margot Kidder in the opening credits and 2. I would think it would be in Swann's best interest for Lionel to stay in prison.

They didn't actually show the face of the person in the limo, so it could well have been the Margot Kidder character -- especially as I think she was shown in a limo in a previous episode (picking up Clark/Lionel's cellmate).

Proceeding on the idea that Lionel's benefactor is not just some random person we've never seen or heard of before, I would think that the prime suspect for the moment is the Margot Kidder character (keep forgetting her name).

[ December 03, 2004, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: STU ]

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.