Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Rockstar INXS (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Rockstar INXS
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
I agree that last night's show was great. However, I liked JD the best of all - especially his song Pretty Vegas.

I still liked Marty's best but JD's was good (wasn't it supposed to be the group song from a few weeks ago?). And it sounded like an INXS song more than any of the other original songs did.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bubble Wrap Boy
Perpetually Horny Crimefighter

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bubble Wrap Boy   Email Bubble Wrap Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
In spite of my dislike for him, I have to give props to JD, he put on a good show Tuesday night. Loved Suzie's debut song, reminded me of early Everything but the Girl. Dave was right in comparing Jordis' song to Fiona Apple, it'sben sad watching her unravel over the past few weeks. And as much as I like Mig, thought his song was awful, very Richard Marx... fey. [Razz]

[ September 07, 2005, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Bubble Wrap Boy ]

From: Boston | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
I just finished watching and the thing I don't understand, is how JD could get the popular vote for the encore (the viewers chose the encore) yet still end up in the bottom 3. Anyway, I thought JD did a great job on Mystify. I've not really liked JD until now but at the same time, I haven't had a consistent favorite. Sometimes it's been MiG, sometimes Marty and sometimes Jordis. But I really do like JD's voice the best. I'm going to buy Pretty Vegas, regardless of who his band ends up being.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Since I came late to this show, I'm not very attached to anyone, so the one who got eliminated this time didn't break my heart.

JD and Suzie both did a great job with their INXS songs.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
You guys all excited? Tomorrow is the finale with MiG, Marty and JD battling it out. This is the way reality shows should end - with the best of the bunch (imho). For the record, I'm rooting for JD.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
We still haven't had a chance to watch last week's performances but I already knew Suzie was out.

And from my side, we'll be routing for Marty. [Smile]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Scott, you must watch last week's show. It was one of the best so far.

I like Marty as well and think he has loads of talent. But he prefers a style of music that I personally don't care for very much. I'm just too old for really loud music and have never enjoyed grunge. To tell the truth, it was about the time that punk came in that I stopped really keeping current with popular music. [Smile] That said, I really like Marty when he slows down and actually sings. On the whole though, I find JD much more melodic and could listen to him for a long time.

MiG is ok, but I tend to think of him as Rockstar lite.

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not watching this thing regularly but I did see the "songwriting" sequences. It was kind of interesting to see Andrew Farriss size up his potential writing partners.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I just see JD as clashing with the band too much. His ego is bigger than theirs and they've been in the business for nearly 30 years.

Not to say I don't like his performances. His original is great and I'd be first in line to buy it. And as I've said before it was the only original that sounded like an INXS song.

But I'm just now getting ready to hear his rendition of Pink Floyd's 'Money'. He better do good. You butcher Floyd and, in my book, you clean toilets the rest of your life. [Smile]

Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

JD didn't butcher Money. I thought he was pretty good. Whaddidya think?
Lightning Lad
Founder

Pretty good. Not as good as Marty's "Wish You Were Here" but pretty good.

And the more I hear "Pretty Vegas" the more I want a studio single. If he wins INXS needs to make that their first release.

THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
JD won, hooray, 3 albums later he goes solo.
Saturn Girl
Always Leave Them Spellbound

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saturn Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
I predict JD throws a hissy-fit and they don't even make it through the world tour.......
From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
This whole thing is weird to me. I love INXS, but I feel like their band is done. When they lost Michael, INXS was over. I dunno. I guess the rest of the band really wanted to stick together. I can't even imagine what it must be like to be in their position. I suppose having a new singer could work out. I wish them the best. JD is very entertaining, but I fear he'll never recover from "new kid" status.

I only got to see a few episodes of this show, but it was great fun! I liked Marty but did not like Mig. Weird that such different types could make it so far.

Brooke said that there'd be another season of this show. What band will the winner be in? A new band? Weird.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Lightning Lad
Founder

I wondered the same thing Dean. Does JD only get "A Year at the Top" (hats off to those who remember that one) or is there a new band in the wings? The site just says that Mark Burnett Productions is considering another season of Rock Star. Maybe they are just getting ready in case their CD sales are good enough to greenlight another season.
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.