Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » New Bat-Movie pics! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Bat-Movie pics!
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
 -

Not that I'm disappointed, but having seen "American Psycho" the other day, I was hoping for a little less bat-latex and more ripped and muscular Christian Bale. [Love]

Sigh...

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Hm, I like it! Very dark, very serious.

Still, I'm nowhere near as interesting in Batman as I am in seeing the scenes with Bruce Wayne! As I've said before, this is the DC film I'm most anticipating, with the likes of Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neesan, etc., involved!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
A bit blocky and latex heavy like Kipper said, but I kind of like it. Goes with the costumes that have gone before at least.

Cobie, I too am looking forward to this film for the cast more than for whatever story or costumes may come of it! Hopefully those will be added bonuses when all is said and done.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagz
5 of 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagz   Email Beagz         Edit/Delete Post     
"Look Ma!! No nipples!!"

--------------------
You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.

From: Aggieland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Beagz:
"Look Ma!! No nipples!!"

The nipples and codpiece will be added when he meets the Boy Wonder. [Big Grin]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't really see the point of the bat-symbol that doesn't stand out against the rest of the outfit.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagz
5 of 9

Silly boy.
It's hiding in the shadows!! [Big Grin]

To be honest, though, I wouldn't mind a dark black emblem against a grey chest-plate, a'la the original.

But THAT one just looks all grey. Oh well, maybe they'll actually have a script, this time!!

[ July 28, 2004, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: Beagz ]

--------------------
-----

From: Aggieland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I was hoping for something other than the molded rubber look this time around, but that's secondary. It all comes down to the script. I doubt we'll ever see him so bathed in light during the film anyway.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The trailer, which the crowd at SDCC was told was not ready last week, is now ready and on-line today.

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I dunno. He looks more like a constipated cat than a grim and gritty bat.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I don't really see the point of the bat-symbol that doesn't stand out against the rest of the outfit.

Agreed.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flannel Lass
soft, warm, fluffy!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flannel Lass   Email Flannel Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Sweet! What I've been hearing about this film has been making me think I want to see it, and the trailer helps. [Yes] I like the whispery voice (I hope it wasn't just my speakers!) Previous movies haven't given us enough of his motivations for my money, and I think style was really winning out over substance. Thanks for the pics and links, guys! [Big Grin Bounce]
From: the palace garden of the Lord of the Red Lands. | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Here's the latest. The first look at Ken Watanabe as Ra's Al Ghul. Not quite the look he should have, still a bit too young looking.

-

Beagz
5 of 9

I realize I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm not that crazy about the Batmobile in the TV spots, either.

It just sorta looks like something Shrapnel (from Flash) would put together!!!!!!!

--------------------
-----

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
The film looks like its got it right in all other respects but I *REALLY* *REALLY* don't like that outfit! The mask is butt-ugly and makes him look like he has a thyroid problem, the moulded muscles look just as crap as they did in the previous 2 films and the black symbol on a black costume is useless.

I am now MUCH less excited about this film than I used to be.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.