Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Arrested Development

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Arrested Development
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Any fans of one of the funniest shows on television right now?

My wife got me into this recently. She had the crush thing oin Jason Bateman back in the day and wanted to see this show...so we rented the first season...and then bought it.

The show just keeps getting odder with every episode we see.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I love this show! There's an old thread about it here somewhere, but I don't think it lasted too long. I'm glad Fox continues to have faith in it. Hopefully it'll pull in the numbers or bring a lot of DVD sales to warrant its continuation.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Here is the original thread. But like Drake said, it didn't last long.

I'll admit that Caroline and I tried watching this the first season and just couldn't stick with it. But last week or the week before our Fox station added it to the late night line-up (11:00 PM our time, right after Seinfeld) and we started watching. Funny stuff. I don't know if it was the material the first season or if it just didn't click until now but our opinion has changed. Definitely worth a watch.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved the episode with the Peanuts homages in it...
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thor2168
Cute-Baby-Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thor2168   Email thor2168         Edit/Delete Post     
Only one of three shows I must watch. Hilarious! Blue Man Group, too funny...

[ August 25, 2005, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: thor2168 ]

--------------------
I just can't BLOK it out!

From: The land of toys and stinky diapers!!! | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Get it while you can. Fox cut back their season order of AD from a full slate of 22 episodes to just 13. It is getting its ass kicked by The King of Queens in the ratings and rather than move it back to Sundays it appears Fox would rather just cancel it.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

And they've made it official. The show has been cancelled. There is a slight chance to shop it around to another network but I highly doubt that'll happen. [No]
DrakeB3004

Drats!! Still, it hasn't been as funny this season. And the big joke regarding Charlize Theron's character wasn't a surprise - I could tell from her first appearance, but they really dragged it out.

It's a shame to think it's getting its ass kicked by a show like "King of Queens" though (ugh)

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
It's been so/so this season. But the one with the father/son triathlon. Rita calls him a *****? lol. Startled straight? The beauty paegent? This episode had me laughing non-stop. I watched it three times already.

Drake what was the big joke regarding Charlize? Was she a ...man???

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

I was referring to the fact that she was revealed to be a "M.R.F." (mentally retarded female).

The big laugh for me was the "rocketman vs. giant mole battle over tiny town" in front of the Japanese investors -- that was a hoot!

I also liked that line several weeks ago where the narrator (Ron Howard) stressed that they were in no way making fun of Andy Griffith [Big Grin]

[ November 12, 2005, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.