Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Open Letters 'R' Us (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Open Letters 'R' Us
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Dear Megacorp-Online Shopping Service,

Snap out of it. Stop emailing me all those fantastically amazing holiday discount offers that really aren't all that fantastically amazing.

We're in a depression. Open a newspaper sometime, if you can find one still in business.That dog not only won't hunt, it's been dead for six months.

My friends, family and former work acquaintances will not be showered by me with fabulous entertainment items and/or awesome designer goods purchased via you. That's final. They may get cookies if I can find a cheap box of butter somewhere, but that's it.

Time to face facts. I'm going down and I'm taking you with me. [raspberry]

So unless you're emailing me to offer me a job, do me a big favor and sod off.

Happy Holidays,

cleome

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hey, Kids. Got something to get off your chest via open letter ?! Post it here !

[ December 16, 2008, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Dear Monsanto,

Get out of my food chain.

Fat Cramer

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Dear Prop 8 (and other anti-marriage laws) supporters,

When do I get to vote on your marriage?

Love,

Quislet, Esq.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Dear troops,

Thanks for all your service. Me and my friends held a vote and it was unanimous. Y'all can come home now. Feel free to bill the cost of your return flights to any Senator that voted to send you over there.

With regards,

Set

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Bwahahahahaaaaaa !!!

Oh, God. It hurts.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
To All Public Library Patrons:

Please remove the following phrases from your vocabularies:

1. "Do you work here?"
We don't let people who don't work here sit behind the reference desk.

2. "My taxes pay your salary."
We know this; however, it does not give you the right to break library rules. We would be very poor stewards of public funds if we allowed everyone who contributed to our funding to do whatever they wanted.

3. "Card catalog(ue)"
Do you see any cards on the computer?

4. "It must be so nice to be able to read all these books!"
No comment.

Thank you for your consideration.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Attention: Pastor Rick Warren,

"And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret."

Just a suggestion.

FC

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Dear Santa,

Will this year count against me for next year too?

BB

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Rockhopper Lad:

quote:
2. "My taxes pay your salary."
We know this; however, it does not give you the right to break library rules. We would be very poor stewards of public funds if we allowed everyone who contributed to our funding to do whatever they wanted.

How about those kids who run around the place yelling and screaming ? Do they get to do that despite their non-taxpayer status, or because of it ?

But I kid you, O screaming kids and your so-indulgent folks. You make me sad to be child-bereft. Carry on.

[raspberry]

--------------------

rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Dear Corporate Anal Sphincter Voids:

No, i do not care to give you my zip code. I do not wish to give you my address. This is a Cash purchase. It is not an opportunity to data mine me. Your understanding of this will result in no further embarrasing situations where i feel compelled to invite you to attach your lips to my posterior.

Sincerely, Rickshaw1.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Dear Lottery Ticket Purchasers:

Yes, i do understand that the simple fact of you spending twenty minutes in line to assure yourselves of a secure retirement plan by winning the lottery is important to you.

However, everyday things like paying for gas so that i can go to work to earn money to assure myself of a retirement is important to me as well. After purchasing your retirement plan, please move your fat asses out of the way to scratch and win your way to your nice new crib while us simple working folk go on about our business.

Spending ten dollars to win ten dollars and then, without getting out of the way, buy ten more chances may be your idea of fun, but to many, such as myself, it is legitimate grounds for thinning the herd by blunt instrument.

Sincerely, Ready-to-Gut-You-at-a-moments-notice, Rickshaw1

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Dear Helicopter Mom in the Christmas Line:

Yes, your child is the most precious child in the world and it is the perfect accessory to your Beamer, you McMansion, you Momvan, and your entry into Buffy-ies R Us. It is also the reason why, after you hold up the line for pics with Santa for over 30 minutes, i will be running you over with my big, redneck pickup in the parking lot later on.

If you must converge with all the other Muffy-ies, Tiffany-ies, Ambers and Savannah's, remember, the Carlenes, Darlenes, Tammys, Ricks, Bubbas, Franks, and Joes grew up poorer, rougher, tougher, nastier, and had to fight much more. We will crush you with glee.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Leroy, the Redneck Santa Killer.

--------------------

Something pithy!

cleome46

Dear Jim Shooter,

I know it's been years, but seriously. I can't go to my final reward without having this question answered: Are you really the one responsible for the brilliance in this link ? And if so, were the experts right to postulate that You Just Didn't Know ?

Really sorry to have diverted this thread from rickshaw's attempts at bringing it true gravitas-- but, damn. Some things could just haunt a woman forever, y'know ?

Also, it's kind of bad that I ran that link by the person I married. Now he'll just be sitting across from me at breakfast and just to amuse himself, he'll say (totally out of the blue) "Penthouse dungeon," in the same tone of voice most people use to say "Please pass the salt." Then he snickers when I choke on my coffee. I hope you're happy, Jim.

If you aren't the responsible party, you must know who is.

BTW, it was really cool meeting you in 1984. The year, not the film.

cleome

[ December 29, 2008, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
To my dear sweet wonderful neighbors,

Your taste is music is divine. And it is so thoughtful of you to share it with me - through my closed windows.

I am thinking long and hard about the best way to pay you back for all the joy you are giving me.

Yours

Quislet, Esq.

PS: leaving your trash cans out blocking the sidewalk is just one more thing that endears you to me.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

To whom it may concern:

Are there really helicopter moms? If so, will the people responsible kindly stop this flagrant excessive consumption immediately.

Yours at the lower end of the scale,

Fat Cramer

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.