Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Super Hero tunes

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super Hero tunes
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Nightcrawler's new board feature got me to looking around for cool music to add and in the process I found some things I'd (kind of) forgotten and other things that were pretty amusing. There's not a lot of Legion of Super Heroes songs out there but it seems that at some point in their careers a ton'o musicians tackle some kind of comic related material.
So why not link up some sweet tunes for everybody to hear and enjoy?
-not necessarily DC specific-

Here's a funny-
Superman's Big Sister

..and a classic-
Iron Man

One of my all time faves-
Magneto and Titanium Man Paul McCartney and Wings

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
awwwwwwwwww
i wanted to post The Wings tune.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm really digging the radio feature too. I'd never heard the Bouncing Boy wedding song before and got quite a chuckle out of it. As far songs go, REM springs to mind.

I Am Superman

I really enjoyed the montage, and it made wonder if anyone has put together one featuring the Legion. If not, it could really be a fun project. And what better site to host it than Legion World?

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Is Paul McCartney a comics fan?!?! I've never hear that about him! Never heard that song before either!!!

Groovy!!!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, ya'll might have questions, but don't go tugging on Supermans cape.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Subliminal Kid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Subliminal Kid   Email Subliminal Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
How about:

Cosmic Boy by the Incredible Stringband
Saturn Girl by Paula Cole
and my favorite
Matter Eater Lad by Guided By Voices
???

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Quite a while back I wrote this up.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I still like this one the best, and not because of her costumes, either. Though she aint bad atoll.

http://www.atom.com/funny_videos/powder/

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh wow. Thanks Matthew. I'd forgotten all about the Crash Test Dummies. I love that song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihUIPlLw2ZE

..and the Kinks, as I recall that particular Kinks album also had "Captain America Calling" which I liked a lot.

Oops, that's Catch Me Now I'm Falling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF4sPde785E

I Want to Fly (like Superman)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUT9KQ-LuaU&feature=related

And since I'm digging through YouTube -
Cosmic Boy - the Incredible String Band
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj2eezGXEPo

Gotta love YouTube.

Nightcrawler did say he'll take requests for Antannae Boy Radio.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.