Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Hot pockets... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hot pockets...
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
what foul fiend dreamed up these things? They seem to condense all the evil of food into one concentrated mass or gray villiany.

I ate one and my instinctive reaction was the cat hiss from Bride of Frankenstein.

Evil on a plate.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Jim Gaffigan does a routine about Hot Pockets.

You can watch it on YouTube

it's pretty funny. The Hot Pockets part starts at about 5:50

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
There's a breakfast version too.

Its akin to being waterboarded.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
There's a yuppified version of these that I like to buy at our local co-op. It's so damn pricey that I can only justify the expense by splitting one with mr_cleome-- maybe once every ten days or so. Oh, well. At least it's a local manufacturer. [shrug]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I too have seen a yuppie marketed version here in Canada. It is called a Stouffer's Bistro Crustini

How do I know its a yuppie target? Notice the wonderful link at the bottom that gives advice on pairing wine with food? I've not clicked the link so I can't be certain that the wine that goes food comes in a 5 litre cardboard box.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
You think Hot Pockets are bad, try Lean Pockets. Now 67% actual food!

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Jim Gaffigan does a routine about Hot Pockets.

You can watch it on YouTube

it's pretty funny. The Hot Pockets part starts at about 5:50

quote:
"We have a sea bass, which is broiled; and we have a Hot Pocket... It'll destroy your mouth. Everything'll taste like rubber for a month."

[LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

Oh, Quis. I burn with [Love] for both you AND Mr. Gaffigan.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
The first time I saw him doing stand up, he goes:

I'm from Indiana and I know what you are thinking. The mafia!

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

I'm so using that in the One-Word Post thread. [Big Grin]

--------------------

cleome46

Behold, the aforementioned yuppie hot pocket.

I'm indulging in one right now. It's been a long day. They don't actually sell the spinach pie variety where I shop. Maybe I should email them and whine about that.

[Drool] (Sadly, not a paid endorsement.)

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like you could make your own, and it would probably be highly palatable, if you've got a hand with pastry. Although that defeats the purpose of this kind of food - fast, convenient and only mildly disgusting (as opposed to borderline toxic).

I saw a sign yesterday advertising one of these slushy summer drinks that convenience stores sell: "100% Unnatural". The backlash to the healthy food movement has arrived, something like the Roseanne show proclaiming that we're proud to be ignorant.

On the other hand, perhaps there's a yuppie Twinkie, or yuppie versions of other crappy food. The organic Twinkie is a long-standing joke.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I immediately thought of that comedian when I saw this thread title!

/whispery singing voice/ ...hot pockETS! /end wsv/

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

(snip)

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:

On the other hand, perhaps there's a yuppie Twinkie, or yuppie versions of other crappy food. The organic Twinkie is a long-standing joke.

I have tried an actual upscale version of a certain popular snack cake, which I dare not name given all the connoisseurs of double entendres that populate this space. Whether it was capital-O "Organic" is anyone's guess.

[shrug] It was okay. I'm still more a Parisian macaroon woman myself, finances permitting.

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Parisian macaroons! - sounds like a candidate for Favourite cookies.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uranus Lad
substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uranus Lad   Email Uranus Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I've come to the conclusion pretty much all pre-packaged foods should be avoided. Event he delicious but apparently shrinking Amy's pot pies.

The treatment they use on paperboard to keep it "freezer friendly' is apparently highly toxic and traces are being found in oceans, waterways and fish everywhere. NOT GOOD.

--------------------
Is that a moon?

From: Portland, OR | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.