Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » I'm talking Baseball...

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm talking Baseball...
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, I have a team that is on a tear right now in my hometown.

GO TIGERS!

Verlander is freakin awesome!!!

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
We Yankees fans are starting to get a little antsy. If they don't win the World Series every 3-4 years everyone starts to lose their mind. This year they better take it home.

[Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I think we Cubs fans are in better shape. We don't expect anything, so we are never disappointed. Unless they lose to the Mets, that is...
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Enjoy it while you can, Tiger fan - my Royals are graduating their prospects and will be ready to take over the division next year!

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, Braves going through their late season swoon right now, which usually means if they make it to the playoffs, they crap out in the first round.

that's worse than the cubs. My team keeps offering hope and then crushing it.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:
Enjoy it while you can, Tiger fan - my Royals are graduating their prospects and will be ready to take over the division next year!

We'll see...we'll see...
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
And when I was a kid, I could see the Royals on tv here in South Carolina easier than I could the braves. This was back when Houser was coach. Loved them then. Then, affiliate changed and I lost contact. By the time they re-emerged, I was a braves fan.

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

I remember the last game against the Royals of the American League Championship Series that got the Tigers into the World Series in 1984.

My parents somehow got us tickets to that game. That was a hell of a fun night.

rickshaw1
Leader

*muttersunderbreathluckybastardhtaerbrednusrettum*

"Hey, great my man. So glad you enjoyed it. What? No, nothing wrong with my face. Grimace? Nooooo, this is my happy face for you. see the smile? No, its not a death rictus...."

[Wink]

--------------------

Something pithy!

Dev - Em
KIA

I look at it this way, Detroit did great in 2006, but that was way overachieving at its finest. This year they have been building in a good way towards something. Hope they continue their climb...even if they don' though, it's a fun ride.

...Oh and Ric, my wife has an autographed card and personal letter from Chipper Jones from when he was a rookie. [Smile]

rickshaw1
Leader

Well, she picked the person on the team I don't care for, lol.

Seriously, good for her. Things like that passed down through the generations are what keeps something like baseball alive for youngsters. ( adults too [Wink] )

--------------------

Something pithy!

Dev - Em
KIA

She wrote him on a lark when she got his rookie card and saw that he was actually younger than her. First player she experienced that with that she noticed...and he wrote back. Pretty cool.
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Just a quick aside: This week's LJ post from Tom Bierbaum is about the 5YG Legion comic that focused on Star Boy's career in baseball.

link

[Star Boy] Thought you might wanna' know... [Dream Girl]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Cool. Thanks, I have not checked his blog lately.
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
You're welcome.

Check those little symbol-things next to his posts. I think there's a way you can subscribe to a poster's LJ feed (and be notified when they make new postings) even if you don't have an LJ account yourself.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.