Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Legion news at SDCC... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Legion news at SDCC...
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
the first DC panel, Countdown, is live right now and already some talks about the legion!

quote:
Next question was about the various Legion continuities apparently running around currently - both in the Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes title and the one in the "Lightning Saga" storyline. Marts said that some answers should be coming soon, and DiDio reminded the panel (and audience) that next year is the 50th anniversary of the Legion
And there is also this:
quote:
A fan asked the relatively hard-hitting question "If you could take back one editorial or policy decision in DC's history, what would it be?" DiDio said the whole panel should answer the question - Marts said "crippling Barbara Gordon," Jurgens said taking Superboy out of the Legion of Super-Heroes, Calafiore jokingly said "The Black Racer is the dumbest looking character," McKeever said killing Conner Kent, Beechen agreed with Jurgens' answer, Bedard said separating the DC Universe and the Vertigo lines, Gray said "cancelled The Monolith," Palmiotti answered "cancelling 21 Down," Dini said "the cancellation of Plop," Carlin answered not re-staring Superman and Wonder Woman right after the first Crisis. DiDio didn't really answer.

From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the update. Keep the news coming. Oh and enjoy the convention. [Wink]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome news thus far. Thanks.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Additions from CBR:

quote:
“Can you tell us anything about what's going on with the Legion and the various versions running around?” asked another fan.

“There is a story to all the versions,” Mike Marts assured. “By this time next year you'll have a lot more clues as to what's happening.”

“Supergirl #21 and #22 touches on that,” Tony Bedard indicated.

quote:
DiDio then indicated that all the Legion and other time-related mysterious in the DCU, including events surrounding Booster Gold, will all be explained in a “big Legion story” in the future.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Wait... by this time next year we'll have "more clues"...

So when exactly are we going to have the answer?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Geoff did say he was doing a Legion:Rebirth type story. I wonder if the Action arc is it or just leads into it.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Wait... by this time next year we'll have "more clues"...

So when exactly are we going to have the answer?

I wondered the same thing. You'd think by SDCC next year everything would be set so we could celebrate the 50th. This makes it sounds like the 50th anniversary may only be the beginning.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Toon news from Comics Continuum:

quote:
COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: LEGION OF SUPER HEROES

Phil Morris is pulling double duty in the DC Universe on television this fall.

In additional to returning as Martian Manhunter in The CW's Smallville, Morris is providing the voice of Imperiex, the big villain, for the second season of Kids' WB!'s Legion of Super Heroes. Morris has also been reported as the voice of King Faraday in the Justice League: New Frontier direct-to-video movie.

A promotional card given away at the Warner Bros. booth at Comic-Com International provided cast details for Season 2 of Legion of Super Heroes, as well as a first look at two versions of Superman fighting Imperiex.

Yuri Lowenthal is providing voices for both versions Superman, described as Superman and Kal-El. One is a closed version of the original from the 41st Century.

Kari Wahlgren is returning as Saturn Girl, and she is also voicing Duo Damsel instead of Triplicate Girl. Somthing happens to the character early in Season 2.

Alex Polinsky is providing the voice of Chameleon Boy.

Morris, Polinsky and Lowenthal are scheduled to attend The Batman/Legion panel on Friday at Comic-Con, where footage from Season 2 will be shown.

-
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
"Kari Wahlgren is returning as Saturn Girl, and she is also voicing Duo Damsel instead of Triplicate Girl. Somthing happens to the character early in Season 2."

Can you say "Computo," boys and girls?

Interesting that there's no mention of Chuck. I guess we're not going to see more of his term as leader. [Frown]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, fer cryin' out loud. [sigh]

They're going to drag this thing out until the conclusion of Final Crisis, aren't they? Sounds like the answer isn't as pure and simple as "the Multiverse" after all.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
"They're going to drag this thing out until the conclusion of Final Crisis, aren't they? "

Why would they do otherwise? It's the 50th anniversary I would hope they'd aim high. Hitting the target is another story but I'm looking forward to riding the bullet.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Not me. Wake me up when the train reaches its destination. And then only if we arrive somewhere scenic and fun.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Let's keep our eyes on the prize. DC's just jerking us around with all this continuity stuff, and it's distracting us.

What we want right now is not answers to continuity questions. We can wait for those; they're not important and can be resolved anytime, or not at all.

What we want right now, and in the near future, and in the far future, is good comic books.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

The problem is jerking us around with continuity stuff is antithetical to good comic books, as far as I'm concerned.
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

It seems they are going to stretch many things out until Final Crisis. I've noticed little retcons here and there that I know won't be followed up on until then.

So no huge news at SD for the Legion I am guessing? Maybe some more info on the Action arc. Maybe they mention a mini with the LS Legion.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.