Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » San Diego Animated Recap Exclusive 2006! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: San Diego Animated Recap Exclusive 2006!
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Here's some pictures I took / items I scanned at Comic-Con last weekend. Hosted here, exclusively on Legionworld thanks to Nightcrawler and company!

SuperMAN!
 -

Lightning Lad!
 -

Timber Wolf!
 -

Bouncing Boy!
 -

Saturn Girl and Triplicate Girl!
 -

Story Editor Boy!
 -

Producer Lad!
 -

[ July 28, 2007, 03:12 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Here are the cards given out at the Animated series presentation and at the Warner Brothers booth (they very similar but the lay out is slightly different). I got one of the cards signed by all of the folks above:

Click for fullsize image

-

-

-

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Kev!

(I have a total crush on Super...man. [Big Grin] )

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Me too, Gary. Me too... *dreamy sigh*

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Besides the tidbits from the actual presentation that have already been covered elsewhere, here's some info I gleamed from talking to the cast and crew:
- They're hoping to get new Legion rings made
- They're working on toys/merchandising, but they probably won't be done in time for the Fall premiere of the show (at the end of September)
- They've recorded a lot of the voice work already
- There probably won't be much blatent romantic activity between a certain lad and a girl
- Lightning powered relatives should make an appearance
- Timber Wolf does change size/form
- Bouncing Boy's limbs kind of pop in and get rounded out in his ball form
- The Legion is a sizeable group, past what is seen in the previews
- The crew should be getting/should have gotten the first episode back from the animators
- Andy, who plays Lightning Lad, is a big Legion fan who I invited to come join us here when he had a chance

Cali and I went up to the microphone during the presentation to ask questions but we were turned away because time ran out. What were you gonna ask Cali?

That's all I can remember for now...

[ July 31, 2006, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I still can't believe this is really happening!

Thanks MEL!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, the guy who voices Bouncing Boy LOOKS like BB!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
These are great Kev. Thanks for sharing!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Fantastic MEL!!!

Anyone know if this will be carried by any stations besides WB (I don't get WB)

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by dedman:
Fantastic MEL!!!

Anyone know if this will be carried by any stations besides WB (I don't get WB)

Do you have a UPN station? Eventually WB and UPN will be CW. Places without one should have the other. If not we have methods to make sure you don't miss out. [Smile]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Do you have a UPN station? Eventually WB and UPN will be CW. Places without one should have the other. If not we have methods to make sure you don't miss out. [Smile]

Nope no UPN station here. However it looks like I'll be moving at the end of Aug so I maybe in luck at the new locale.
If not other methods sounds awesome to me....I'd hate to have to wait for the DVD. Thanks LL [Smile]

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

No problem Deddy. Have TiVo, will burn. [Big Grin]
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
By the way, I figure I can reveal that the guy I know that's in the cast is none other than Yuri Lowenthal. Sorry boys, he's married. He is however, one of the funniest people I've ever met. He's in a sketch comedy group with my roommate and he kills onstage.
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
It's a special treat to be able, eventually, to put faces with the voices -- thanks, Kevin!

Also, as to Bouncing Boy's actor -- and, I'd say, Saturn Girl's actress, as well -- resembling their characters:

Many of the computer-animated feature films videotape the actors recording their lines. Their visible reactions are often used as a guide to shaping the facial and upper-body expressions. (See, for example, Eddie Murphy as Donkey in "Shrek.") I'd be surprised if this wasn't done here, even with its being far less involved animation.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
 -  -
OMG i totally forgot that Shawn Harrison played Waldo on Family Matters, now he's the voice of Timber Wolf. small frikking world huh?

[ July 31, 2006, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN ]

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.