Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » The Kitson Checklist (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Kitson Checklist
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Story/Plot
L.E.G.I.O.N. #13, 40-48
Legends of the Legion #1-4
The Titans #45 - 47

Art
Spiderman for Marvel UK written by Mike Collins inked by Mark Farmer - First professional work
Spacethieves - Marvel UK
Transformers - Marvel UK
Future Shock - written by Grant Morrison
First work for 2000AD Judge Dredd

Judge Anderson
Batgirl Special - First work for DC
Action Comics Weekly - Catwoman
LSH annual #4 (1988)
L.E.G.I.O.N. '89 - '94
Adventures of Superman
Shadow of the Bat
Batman /Punisher
Azrael
Magneto and the Magnetic Men
JLA Year One
The Brave and the Bold
Batman: Book of the Dead
EMPIRE for Gorilla Comics #1,2 and 3
Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #146, 147, and 148 - "Bad"
The Titans #37 - 40 (cover and interiors), 41 (cover only), 42 - 43, 45 - 50 (interiors only)
JSA: ALL STARS #3
EMPIRE for DC Comics #0 - 6
Avengers/Thunderbolts #1 - 2
JSA Strange Adventures #1 - 6

[ October 29, 2004, 05:22 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chameleon Boy
World Changer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chameleon Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Chameleon Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Ummm, didn't Barry take over the writing on hte L.E.G.I.O.N. eventually too??.

I see L.E.G.I.O.N. '89 - '94 but that's not a proper break down. I don't have the box here, it's in storage, but I know his run was broken up and there were issues written by him as well.

[Chameleon Boy]

--------------------
---Changing my Personal Circle with Courage and Love---

From: RWC, CA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
This was a starting point. I'm planning to add to it as time permits.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
There was a LSH Annual #8!?! I thought #7 (dead earth) was the last... was #8 a 'pulp fiction'- theme?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
There was a LSH Annual #8!?! I thought #7 (dead earth) was the last... was #8 a 'pulp fiction'- theme?

Oops! You're right. It was #4. Wonder where I got the 8?
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
#4 was the Bloodlines one, with that idiot punk kid on the skateboard, mind-controlling a bunch of legionnaires?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Vol. 3 #4. I have it right here!
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
We can now add "JSA Strange Adventures" to that list -- has anyone else read this?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Since Barry has been so gracious visiting I asked him if he wouldn't mind visiting this thread every once in a while so fans can ask him questions in a "organized" manner. [Smile]

1. Barry how much are you contributing to the plot/story with Waid?

So far the suggestions I've heard you made seem to be preventing Waid from introducing things like the Super-Pets [Smile] Which is a good thing.

2. You have "reinvented" the future for the legion...designed the new setting for them. How much of a sci-fi fan are you? I've seen some of your other artwork and see lots of sci-fi/fantasy...and believe it looks better than your "superheroes". You going to add these cool elements?

Thanks if you stop by!

Jorge (going to bed now...so many posts so little time)

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Guys - and especially Jorge for pointing me in this direction! [Smile]

I'll try to answer all the questions that have popped up so far....

There was a period of 6 months I took off from L.E.G.I.O.N. while I worked at Marvel on Wolverine and Wild Cards - I think it was issues 19-25 that were mostly drawn by Jim Fern. I found I really missed 'my home' though and was very happy to get back and establish a really long run on the book!

I started co-plotting with Alan Grant on issue #13 I think and took over full writing for issues #40-48, then Mark came on board and we worked together until the end of my run on the book.

As far as the new Legion run goes I've been very involved in coming up with ideas about the future and designing costumes etc. I will be co-plotting with Mark probably fully from issue #3. He wanted to get the first couple of issues under his belt as full script which I can totally understand!

There will be a lot of sci-fi elements to the artwork - after all it's one of the things that makes LSH unique! [Smile] I am, and always have been quite a big sci-fi fan, it was one of the elements that drew me to the LSH as youngster.

Now I know this forum is here should I try to make this my regular 'dropping by place' rather than muscling in on the general threads if you guys think that's a good idea?

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for stopping by Barry! I think it's a great idea! [Wink]

I am currently trying to get the entire L.E.G.I.O.N. (or as I call them LEGION dots) series. I remember having a few issues and liking it for the most part.

http://www.geocities.com/legion_of_super_heroes/microlegion/legion20thcentury/legion20thcentury.html

That is a Legion micro heroes site i have with some of your old LEGION dots costumes methinks.

Have most of the Legion eras there as well. Gonna try to do your new designs as I get them.

Can't think of a question that you can actually answer right now. [Smile] For instance I know i won't get an answer on what is Element Lad's new origin? [Smile] Sooo where in UK do you live?

thanks

Jorge

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Jorge - Hope you don't mind if I keep that info to myself until I know how many Legionworld fans are out for my blood because of the relaunch? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

lol so i may have a better chance finding the gay legionnaires?!
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Barry for what its worth, feel free to muscle in on the other threads as well.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Can't wait to see Barry's sketches on character costumes, etc!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.