Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » The Abbott Checklist

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Abbott Checklist
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by SouthTownKid:

Hi...thanks! My last name's Abbott. It's flattering, but I don't know how much I desrve to be up there with Cockrum, Lightle, Kitson, and the rest...

It was a fun book to letter though, and fun to be involved with the Legion in any capacity. Little things like captions modeled after the omnicom, and creating drop caps for location captions modeled after the letters of the reboot LSH logo (well, the logo that started just before the reboot on issue #54)... and of course, trying not to drool on the artwork each month (although if I remember right, we switched to digital paste up at some point during Batista's run, where I just worked from scans).

As for checklist, I worked on LSH and Legionnaires 1,000,000, part of the Titans/Legion 'Universe Ablaze' mini series, LSH and Legionnaires from 'Legion of the Damned' until the end of both series, Legion Lost 1-12, Legion Worlds 1-6 (front stories, and some back up stories. I really enjoyed these...), and the Legion 1-24 (although I think there might have been one in there I didn't letter, and sometimes a studiomate would pitch in when we hit a rush).

For other comic lettering, I've done too many to list... just about every Marvel and DC character at some point...

Currently, I've just finished penciling/inking/lettering/coloring the second issue of a comic book for the band Coheed and Cambria, and I'm in the middle of writing and drawing a 180-page book for Tokyopop, called 'Dogby Walks Alone'. It's about a theme park mascot who solves mysteries... hopefully ready for next year's San Diego con.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.