Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Countdown to Infinite Crisis Preview ... SPOILERS (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Countdown to Infinite Crisis Preview ... SPOILERS
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
PopCultureShock has the cover and first five pages to Countdown posted for preview. But they are having bandwidth issues. I've managed to get copies of the images so we can review them here. Thank the folks over at PCS and rate it if you are interested.

Now the preview:

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

[ March 22, 2005, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
i really hope that isn't ted bats is holding on the cover...

thanks LL!

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
It kinda looks like it... the eyes have a sort of goggle quality to them. If it is, I hope he gets a cleaner send off than poor Sue Dibny. Oh wait... of course he will... he's a man [Smile]

[ March 22, 2005, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Princess Crujectra ]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Anytime. And I hope the same. I'd hate to see BB taken out.

But then I wonder. Wasn't the original Crisis how he was introduced into the mainstream DCU? Maybe DC has lost the rights to all those Charlton characters and now have to find a way to get rid of them. [Wink]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
or maybe this is a way to reinvent/update Ted.

I really like what DC is doing now in its books. With the inter connections that you see but pick up on.

Like Morrisons 3 part JLA:Classified can be a precusor to 7 Soliders. Elements intro in that story were later seen as the Sheeda in 7 Soliders.

Spoliers here!

s
p
a
c
e

If you have been reading the azz and lee Superman, O.M.A.C. just made an apperance. All the stuff happening from the Titans to the JSA to the JLA to the Outsiders to IC are all interconnected and in continuity with each other in a good way. Great stories and art on their own but read all togethere provides a richer story telling experenice.

Was all that clear? I've been sick -congenstaion and cough - all last week until now and still on my meds [Smile]

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I also hope that's not Ted on the cover - although even if it is, he doesn't have to be dead, right?

Either way, I'm glad he ditched that new black suit he's got over in JLA:Classified.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
That's some interesting speculation there LL. It makes me wonder about the terms of DC's acquisition of the Charleton characters.

Maybe they're setting up a return of the real Blue Beetle (the guy that flies and shoots red rays from his hands and had a real 'jones' for commies - I was quite disappointed with Ditko's BB reboot).

Yeah right, just like we'll see the real Captain Atom instead of the Cap reboot we've got now.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by RTVU2:
or maybe this is a way to reinvent/update Ted.

Well, doesn't Kyle Rayner need a new identity? The Green Beetle? [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I think it's gotta be Ted.

I also think they should have stayed with "DC Countdown" as a title.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Someone already spilled the beans about who Batman is holding and why (They saw an advance copy of this book.)

S
P
I
O
L
E
R
-

SPOILED:Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) dies in this story.

Blue Beetle is one of my all-time favorite characters and I'll be extremely displeased if Ted is in fact killed for good. Done right, I think he could give Spider-Man a run for his money.

And since they just published an Action Heroes Archive, I doubt that they lost the license. Or at least, I hope they didn't.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
**sigh** This is pulling me right in. I like that more serious portrayal of Beetle (vs. Giffen's).

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, that's one more thing for me to skip buying. Thanks as always DC!
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Um...Don't read the following if you don't want to know. But...

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

F
i
l
l
i
n
g

u
p

s
p
a
c
e

...um...um...um...
quote:
Posted by kswolf:

Beetle is shot in the back of the head by Maxwell Lord. It happens on panel, and we even see an exit wound in the front of Beetle's skull. He's definitely dead. Max, by the way, is revealed to be the new "King" of Checkmate.

By the way Ty, if you haven't read it, yourself, I've heard that Dan Garrett's scarab appears, and is in some way connected to Shazam's Rock of Eternity. Maybe they'll revive Ted through mystical means, involving the scarab, and turn him into a supernatural type hero. There's at least some hope, at least. Why show the scarab, if it doesn't have some sort of purpose?

[ March 24, 2005, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Is it DC's intent to totally screw up any fun the Giffen and DeMattis JL is giving us? What's next? Fire and Ice in a murder/suicide pact? [No]
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
You gotta wonder if Keith knew about this beforehand as well.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.