Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Animated Legion...Anticipating THE TOYS!!! (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Animated Legion...Anticipating THE TOYS!!!
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Added Brainiac and Tharok today, so I only have 2 to go! (Chuck & Validus). I am really enjoying the figures, but their little boxes blow me away! They are so blastedly cool!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
Boo to the UK McD's they are taking part in this yet. We get cute little penguins instead. [Frown]

Darden, say the word and I have a set for you.
"the Word" [Big Grin]

Thanks Scott if shippings going to be high you can always hang on to them until SDCC next year.

Ooh, Ooh I just saw. [Bouncing Boy]

Happy meal boxes with interlac on them. [Love]

Pleeeze unca scott, pleeeze...pleeeze, pretty pleeeze

[LOL]

[Big Grin]
Got the box this morning so just need to get the package ready.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
Added Brainiac and Tharok today, so I only have 2 to go! (Chuck & Validus). I am really enjoying the figures, but their little boxes blow me away! They are so blastedly cool!

I love that they actually thought about how the figure would stay in the box and added the formed bottom piece to keep them in place. Sometimes they actually think these things through. The only thing keeping this set from being the ultimate Legion toy collectible is the absence of the girls.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I love that they actually thought about how the figure would stay in the box and added the formed bottom piece to keep them in place. Sometimes they actually think these things through. The only thing keeping this set from being the ultimate Legion toy collectible is the absence of the girls.

Couldn't agree with you more on that fact LL!!! What were TPTB thinking leaving the girls out? Does this mean we have to wait for the "Girl Toy-female Legionnaires...Boy Toy-Build a Bear dude" McHappy Meals??? [Frown] [Frown]

No matter how complete the set of 8 is, it will seem only "half full". And only 3/5ths of the Fatal Five? Whatzupwidat?

--------------------
Craig C.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay! I got my eBay auction figures today! The look great, though why did they paint Lightning Lad black? I thought the photos that were posted were just poorly toned.

Still, never thought I'd see a Legion Happy Meal, so whoopee!

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

I finally got Bouncing Boy, so now I only need Validus to complete the set! [Smile]

But I also have to admit I'm a bit worried... see for all the years McDonald's has done Happy Meals, I have never wound up with a complete set of any of their toys??? And I have 4 young children, so there has been ample opportunity to complete even some of their "lamer" sets of toys.

I must break this cycle now. The Legion "AR" fan that I am cannot allow me to fail in finding them all!!!

(You know, I never realized how many McD's there are within 10 miles of my house. I've got them all on speed dial now, calling and asking which characters they have on hand. They've got to think I'm some kind of pest...or a freak.)

--------------------
Craig C.

ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I picked up a Tharok last night after forgetting to try the McD's in Chicago while I was on my vacation.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Over the weekend, we got 3 more Brainy's. I tried to give one to my 5 year old neice, but she didn't seem very interested. She likes Disney Princesses. Maybe I should have asked for the "girl toy?"

BTW, my daughter loves "boy" toys, and has lots of action figures! She's cool.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Stopped by and picked up a Brainy after work. Which leaves me needing a Chuck, Garth, Mano, and Validus.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Surge Pack

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Surge Pack   Author's Homepage   Email Surge Pack         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm missing Mano, Timber Wolf & Validus. Hope to find them soon.
What I would like to do if I end up with a bunch of the other characters is try to set up a swap with the Legion World gang. I been trying to get 2 at a time (some of the McDs have a variety on hand)I also go in blind hoping to be surprsed by what I get. I can only assume that I will end up with more than one of a character. Now unless you really like McDonalds hamburgers I would love to trade with gang, heck if I end up with a bunch of one character I'd give them away. Something to think about like a cross country pool for the toyes. Anyway just an idea.

--------------------
Long Live The Legion

From: Portage IN | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Finally, I got Tharok last night! Now I can stop hauling my three-year-old around to all the local McDonald's -- except now I need a second full set to actually open up and play, err . . . let him play with.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
got them all!!! but I got extra Mano and extra Lightning Lad - let me know if you want both of them or need one of those - PM me!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

I stopped by my local McD's again last night (without spending a half an hour calling all the nearby ones first), just to see if Validus was there, and they had him!!!

Finally got a complete set (well, one for me, and one for my 4 boys to share...). Now I can focus on the more important things in life... like the countdown to season 2 of the cartoon!! [Smile]

--------------------
Craig C.

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Got a Bouncing Boy today. Now I have my complete un-opened set, and loose Brainy and Bouncy to keep each other company.

Somehow that feels better than just having the unopened collection. I don't know why.

Oh, and I'm keeping one or two of the Happy Meal boxes in the best condition possible.

I'm now entertaining the thought of asking the McManagement for their display posters, etc. I'm not a total AR collector, but if it's easy, I'll go for it.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Validus is out!!??
Sweet!

Gotta catch 'em all!!...errr..y..yeah..

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.