Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Animated Legion...Anticipating THE TOYS!!! (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Animated Legion...Anticipating THE TOYS!!!
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't make any concerted effort to collect them all, but I did get a couple. The best thing to me was seeing Interlac on a Happy Meal box! I mean, if felt like a big validation of this lifelong obsession. Our secret little corner of comics fandom is plastered all over an icon of Americana.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Today I finally hit my goal of having at least 21 sets (1 to open) of the Happy Meal figures.

Hopefully, my insanity will encourage Mattel to produce their figures (with girls!).

McDonald's won new customers (both haven't eaten there in about 10 years) with this promotion (and their Caesar and fruit salads).

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm waiting for my set off eBay. [Yes]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Surge Pack:
heck if I end up with a bunch of one character I'd give them away. Something to think about idea.

Heck. Save 'em up and bring 'em to San Diego [Big Grin]
Legion party door prizes!

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't made any effort to collect the Happy Meal toys, but a friend did pick up two for me: Lightning Lad and Validus.

They're both cute, but ... is anybody else bothered by the fact that LL towers over Validus? Validus is supposed to huge, not Danny DeVito-sized.

(And yes, the irony hasn't been lost on me that Validus is Garth's son!)

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
It looks like we're not going to be able to track down a Timber Wolf. If anyone has a spare they'd be willing to trade, I could send maybe a Mano or a Tharok your way; e-mail me if anyone's interested.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Matthew, if you don't get any other offers I may have an extra TW from my first purchase. Just let me know.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks. I'll give it a while.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Matthew, I also have an extra Superman, the other figure released the first week along with Timber Wolf. I'll save both for you if you wind up needing them.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Thanks. It looks like I'm going to take you up on that...

Mostly I've been collecting them for my son. We've got some doubles, and I've claimed them for myself, but I don't insist on having the complete set for myself. Right now our doubles include Lightning Lad, Brainiac 5, Bouncing Boy, Mano and Tharok, plus an extra Bouncing Boy still in the plastic bag. My son's only missing Timber Wolf, and the only ones I really insist on keeping for myself are Brainy and Bouncing Boy, so I can send you Lightning Lad, Mano or Tharok, or an unopened Bouncing Boy, for a Timber Wolf. I don't need Superman for myself, but if you really want to move him I don't mind.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Lightning Lad
Founder

I wound up with another extra TW this morning so that's not a problem. I can send you a TW and Supes for a Lightning Lad. I have a friend who's son loves him and the stores here or sold out or never released him.
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Replied by PM.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I'm waiting for my set off eBay. [Yes]
...And my wait has been rewarded! [Bouncing Boy]

These are GREAT! The packaging is top-notch... love the little cards inside the front cover, and the molded backings for the figures.

The only downer, as others have mentioned, is the lack of the girls.  - Too bad we can't campaign McDonald's for a girls-heavy wave... We could call Micky D's corporate complaining our little daughters, grandaughters and nieces -reeeeaally- wanted a Saturn Girl, Phantom Girl or Emerald Empress so the can play "Legionnaires" with their brothers and cousins. Poor Persuader gets lumped in with the Triads (Lu, Orange, White and Purple) and the rest of the girls. [LOL]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Ironic that the axe-wielder didn't make the cut...

Sorry.

Truly.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Well apparently the promo is now over or almost over since I've seen commercials for the next one today. I'm still missing a Mano and Lighting Lad though. [Frown]

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.