Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Opening credits sequence (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Opening credits sequence
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
Very effective, I thought. Lots of clips from what I presume are episodes, fast-paced action, character highlight shots drawn for the credits, the Legion Cruiser, the Mission Monitor Board, the Legion of characters hinted at... way cool!

Thanks to the magic of TiVo and frame advance, here are the two most noted scenes - the one of the Legionnaires flying, and all of the Mission Monitor Board symbols. They all go by so fast that it's hard to see at normal speed, but under freeze frame, here's what we have.

Monitor Board symbols beneath the main characters go in this order (we see them scroll, and we only see a portion in each shot):
Chameleon Boy, Chemical King, Ultra Boy, Shadow Lass, Lightning Lad, Timber Wolf, Karate Kid, Matter-Eater Lad, Dawnstar/Star Boy, Polar Boy, Element Lad, Saturn Girl, Phantom Girl, Blok, Triplicate Girl, Shrinking Violet, Superman, Brainiac 5, Dream Girl, Bouncing Boy, Colossal Boy, Cosmic Boy, Ferro Lad, Quislet.

These symbols are also present in the two other MMB sequences (Brainy in a chair as they float around him, and as symbols up on the big board).

Flying sequence:
group 1 - Lightning Lad, Bouncing Boy, Phantom Girl, Brainiac 5, Timber Wolf, Saturn Girl
group 2 - Superman, Star Boy (in his current Kitson costume, as a black man), Element Lad (pink and black, with long blond hair), Matter-Eater Lad (yellow and green, reboot costume), Shrinking Violet (pink and black reboot costume, looks like an anime character with big eyes), Cosmic Boy (purple and black reboot costume). Then the point-of-view rotates and we see Colossal Boy (blue and red pre-Crisis costume), Triplicate Girl (split into 3), then they fly off into the Legion symbol.

Interestingly, Triplicate Girl is in the opening credits just like all the other regulars, not as a guest. Unless the opening sequence changes for each episode's guest star(s), I wonder why she wasn't in any of the promotional material?

Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Sun Boy's symbol as opposed to Star Boy's (I think Dawnstar and Wildfire are being reserved for later introductions) is shown in a later scene -

-

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
I think Dawnstar and Wildfire are being reserved for later introductions

Wha-wha-what?!? Is that a theory or did you read that somewhere?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Theory. There's no Mon-El symbol either and we pretty much know that he'll be around later this season.

I think that they are intentionally leaving them out for a big intro later on down the road.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
No, we don't know that it's Mon-el for certain. Sounds more like Dev-em. Here's episode 6:

"When Superman accidentally opens a gateway to a phantom dimension, a young man with powers identical to his is freed in the process. Now Superman must not only stop this destructive visitor, but also rescue the Legionnaires when they become trapped in the vistor's dimension."

Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
My theory is that it will be Mon-el, and the reason he's destructive is because he can't handle his powers (a parallel to Clark just getting used to his powers or somesuch).
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[cynical mode on] Maybe it will be some bizarre Hollywood combination of the two: Mon-Em or Dev-El [/cynical mode off]

HWW (who is late in taking his happy pills)

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev-El, son of Kru-El? [Smile]
Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

I stand corrected about Wildfire.

He is shown in the credits (look at the very first symbol in the row) -

-

Plus, Star Boy's symbol (sorry, but that's Sun Boy's symbol that people claim to be Dawnstar's. The circle can be seen in the center. Look here at Sun Boy and Dawnstar's symbols from the comics) is the one at the end -

-

Nightcrawler
Founder

As for Mon-El, he's gone into rages and fought Legionnaires in the comics more than once about his Phantom Zone imprisonment. So, I think it's a safe bet we'll be seeing him in cartoon form on Nov. 4th.
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Huh, look at that. The edges of the scroll are always cut off on my dinky little tv, so it's good to see them here. Still, it may be assuming too much to say that everyone in the scroll is in the legion now and everyone who's not isn't, given that Tyroc was actually pictured in an episode but doesn't seem to be in the scroll (at least not on my dinky tv, that is).
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
i don't think that tyroc ever had a holo logo in the comic did he?
if so it had to be retroactively, but i don't think even that.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

From THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES INDEX #5 (May 1987) -

-

[ November 19, 2006, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
thanks! i've never seen that before.
and just what IS the LSH Index #5?

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Comics.org

It was a series of Indexes about the early appearances of the Legion of Super-Heroes.

[ October 22, 2006, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.