Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Timber Wolf ep - SPOILERS (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Timber Wolf ep - SPOILERS
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
So, Colossal Boy, Blok, Cosmic Boy, Violet, Dream Girl, a very odd looking Sun Boy. Who else did we see at the end when he did his oath?

[ October 07, 2006, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Tyroc!

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
OOUUEEIIUUU!!!!!!

Yeah, baby!

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
We also saw Element Lad. Odd that his icon is an Interlac "E," while his chest symbol is, a la threeboot Phantom Girl, a stylized regular "E."
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Another cool episode. Saturn Girl's really got some power in this version, and I like that. I really like her voice, too.

Interesting twist on TW's origin. I like the original better, but this was probably easier to shorthand into half an hour and gets the feral side in. They're obviously not FROM this planet, but would it have killed the writers to call it Zoon (or Zuun) since it is, essentially, his planet of origin? That's the second questionable use of planet names.

But there was definitely more to like than not. I like how they're establishing team dynamics -- Lightning Lad/Superbo -- um, man. LL's kind of feeling like the threatened Jo in the current book. Brainy/Bouncing Boy.

Some interesting designs for the characters on the screens at the end. Vi's all big-hair anime-eye girl. We'll see. E-Lad looks good. Blok looks small. Dreamy looks like she's wearing a big bow-tie. I had to pause it to make the connection that it's a chest emblem from the MMB symbols. Sun Boy freaked me out at first, but I like the sleeveless look. And Tyroc is a nice, streamlined vesrion of the original costume, though he's got a funky head.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I couldn't tell if that was Tyroc or was supposed to be Invisible Kid 2.

Sun Boy looked kinda scrawny to be working the sleeveless thing.

Timber Wolf *sounded* all kinds of wrong to me. I just didn't like his voice at all.

And they've already run into the dramatic problem with having a telepath on the team. Mysteries? Only if the mind-reader conveniently forgets to, you know, *read minds.*

Lightning Lad is being a bit more impulsive / gung-ho than I'm comfortable with. That's what Ultra Boy and Violet (and occasionally Shady) are for. [Smile]

And my biggest quibble of all is that Brainiac has all sorts of other powers. Wah. Being *smart* should be a worthy super-power. Giving him super-powers other than being smart violates the concept, just as it would if they gave Karate Kid the power to turn into a dragon or some crap. I really think, in a show for kids particularly, giving Brainiac robot-transformer-powers is an admission that, 'hey kids, *being smart* isn't cool enough.'

Bah humbug. Works for Batman.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
It was great to see the other Legionnaires on the screens -- Colossal Boy looked pretty good (love the outfit they chose) and yeah, Sun Boy might take a bit getting used to. I also agree that Dreamy's symbol looks a little too high on her chest though she looks pretty good (was there a star birthmark?) And Coz has brown hair! (not that I actually care, but it's been a bone of contention amongst some).

Brainy having powers doesn't bother me much - it gives him something physical to do during fights, but it's an excuse to be lazy. In the scene where Brainy defeats that robot, he boasts his 12th level itellect again, but they didn't really show how that intellect was used to defeat it - it looked like he took it down physically. They shold definitely figure a way for Brainy to use his brains more during encounters -- his body can be shaped as tools, but they really need to convey his brain as his main power (aside from just fixing things). I mean, they confronted a mad scientist in this ep, but Brainy had no input about the science that was going on??

Oh, and is it me or does Saturn Girl look less stylized in this ep?

[ September 30, 2006, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah i think Saturn Girl relaxed her facial muscles a bit. Especially when she was in the cave with Timber Wolf and her hair was off to one side.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
YAY!! I didn't miss this ep! I really enjoyed it!

Cyber-Brainy tkes a little getting used to, but I *love* his look! And I lOOOOOve the Brainy/Chuck repartee!

Garth has the Bierbaum-given "Live Wire" personality-- it fits him!

Superboy DOESN'T steal the show, FANTASTIC!

I can live with the planet not being called Zoon since it obviously isn't their planet of origin, but I "get" Seymour's quibble.

I did NOT care for either Imra's "mental force-blast" against the robots or her cowering before Timber Wolf, but those were my only minor beefs.

I caught Lu, Gim, Cos, Blok, Jan, Nura, Salu and I believe that was Tyroc at the end, AWESOME! I'll have to rewind and look for Dirk.

This was SO VERY worth the wait.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Fun episode, but I totally got the "Island of Dr. Moreau" feel from it. Was awesome to see the shots of other Legionnaires on the ship, can't wait for more episodes, now that we have the "core 7" in place! [Smile]

And I really don't like Saturn Girl having the ability to project illusions as part of her mental abilities. We have a Princess for that!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I kept wondering why they weren't calling it Zoon. Don't get it. Love the three moons!

Kept hoping some of the creatures and robots would be familiar. The robots sounded like the droids from Star Wars.

LOVED Bouncing Boy's whole "improvise" philosophy.

Kept looking to see if Saturn Girl was "into" Brin....

Loved that everyone was so aware of Sleep Healing... or whatever it was called.

The creature in the beginning SO should have been the Super Moby Dick of Space! But it was cool as it was....

They're so fun to show us little pictures of other members who haven't seen action yet!
DREAMY!!!

SO loving that the Legion has a cartoon!!!! (And I love having TiVo now...plug plug!)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:

And I really don't like Saturn Girl having the ability to project illusions as part of her mental abilities. We have a Princess for that!

AGREED! I forgot about this...!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:

The creature in the beginning SO should have been the Super Moby Dick of Space! But it was cool as it was....

You are SO right! A missed opportunity!

--------------------

Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't see how any episode wouldn't be a treat for me. Especially when they throw in glimpses at other legionnaires. Yay, Jan! Tyroc; who knew? Hooray, Colossal Boy!

I still haven't made out symbol for Chameleon, though it's apparently somewhere in the credits. Was Light Lass in there? Princess Projectra? And, what about Wildfire & Dawnstar?

Anyway, the glimpses we get are good for now considering I was worried there wouldn't be anyone other than the "core" group.

More specific to this episode, I like the abilities Saturn Girl shows, and that they come with limitations. I also wouldn't mind seeing more of a Saturn Girl - Timberwolf relationship, blasphemy that it is. The design for the Legion Cruiser seems a bit overwrought, but it's good that they have them. Liked that the oath incorporates reasoning for their names.

A weekly legion fix! I can't wait for the next one!

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with Lash about Saturn GIrl cowering. That didn't ring true for me. I did like Saturn Girl being alone with Timber Wolf as it reminded me of the asteroid incident. [Wink] As for Saturn Girl vs the robots, in Adventure 247 we do see her being able to affect robot minds too.

Brainiac 5: It struck me in this episode that they are giving him the powers that the original Brainiac had on Superman TAS - sending out power couplings.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.