Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legacy ep - SPOILERS (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Legacy ep - SPOILERS
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Lightning Lad carrying an armless Brainy was a fun tweak of the past. Still, it bothered me that they made such a dramatic moment of it when it really wasn't much of a problem at all. And Phantom Girl's line about understanding why Superman turned off his com let Superman off the hook too easily for neglecting his duty. Brainy's man-crush does bring a fun dynamic though.

The Scavengers were a little too Borg-like for me.

And there was more interlac! I love how only the interlac-literate got the reveal of her last name (they didn't actually mention it did they?)

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Not that I remember and the Interlac usage is really making this show shine IMHO. It seems like such a no-brainer yet the comics never get it right.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I loved it!

I was a bit disappointed in the Lester wannabe but other than that it was fantastic!

And I loved Brainy being all jealous over Alexis getting all of Superman's attention!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Clips from the show.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
You'd think the Legion would have known who she was too in relation to Clark's past...

Yes, but warning Clark that she was the descendant of one of his most powerful enemies would break the rule about "don't let Superman know all about his future"?
Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I found the episode a bit predictable. From the point where Alexis invited Superman out to a party, it was clear where they were going with the story, and, unfortunately, it offered few plot surprises. (Though I didn't mind it when Superman was sent on a red herring. That time-honored tradition harkens back to several ADVENTURE tales.)

I picked up on the Alexis name immediately, though they did do a good job of recasting her as as Lester Spiffany. It wasn't obvious that she was a Luthor until her hair fell out.

I did enjoy the character development -- even Superman as a teenager who is caught between wanting to please a girl and doing his duty. I like the fact that he makes mistakes.

Brainy's apparent hero worship of Superman was an interesting twist on the character. I can't imagine the comic book Brainiac 5, in any incarnation, looking up to Superman that way. I have mixed feelings about the change. It makes sense to have at least one Legionnaire remember that they have a living legend in their midst, but, at the same time, it's another reminder that this Brainy is virtually a completely new character. I'm still trying to decide whether that's more good than bad.

Yes, it appears that Saturn Girl can create illusions -- which means it's probably unlikely that we'll see the Princess anytime soon (no need for two illusion casters). In the context of battle, it makes sense, though, and gives Imra something more dramatic to do.

Nice to see more of Phantom Girl. I like her ghost-like eyes.

Timber Wolf on Rimbor --a nod to the Abnett-Lanning era?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
I found the episode a bit predictable. From the point where Alexis invited Superman out to a party, it was clear where they were going with the story, and, unfortunately, it offered few plot surprises. (Though I didn't mind it when Superman was sent on a red herring. That time-honored tradition harkens back to several ADVENTURE tales.)

Brainy's apparent hero worship of Superman was an interesting twist on the character. I can't imagine the comic book Brainiac 5, in any incarnation, looking up to Superman that way. I have mixed feelings about the change. It makes sense to have at least one Legionnaire remember that they have a living legend in their midst, but, at the same time, it's another reminder that this Brainy is virtually a completely new character. I'm still trying to decide whether that's more good than bad.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I am really liking the cartoon Brainy. Given what we know about his comic book origins, this makes me really curious to see another Coluian to see if his physical abilities are normal for his race or not ...

I keep wondering if in the toon universe the Computer Tyrants either maintained their position or weren't so bad after all. Is this Brainy a cyborg or an android/robot? Is he a LITERAL descendant of the original Brainiac this time?

Inquiring minds want to know!! [Big Grin]

Brainy's man-crush on Superman reminds me of his old infatuation with Supergirl. I don't know if that's intentional or not, but it does, so it seems oddly appropriate.

But given his reactions this episode, does anyone else think that their retrieval of Teen Superman as opposed to mature Superman is something that Brainy planned all along?

[Hmmm?]

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Yes, it appears that Saturn Girl can create illusions -- which means it's probably unlikely that we'll see the Princess anytime soon (no need for two illusion casters). In the context of battle, it makes sense, though, and gives Imra something more dramatic to do.

well if the scavengers were human or at least have human brains then it wouldn't be beyond Saturn girls ability to cast a mental illusion of her in their heads.

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
But given his reactions this episode, does anyone else think that their retrieval of Teen Superman as opposed to mature Superman is something that Brainy planned all along?

[Hmmm?]

Absolutely. In the first episode, he repeatedly said things like, "Trust me," and, "I know what I'm doing," when challenged about his choice. I think he said it once or twice last episode, too.

This Brainy has an agenda. Maybe something happened, and the rest of the team doesn't know the Brainiac connection. They can't be too worried about not revealing his future to him since one of the first places they took him was the Superman museum. Maybe Brainy is just trying to lay a more positive groundwork for Clark's subconscious while he can, knowing they'll pretty much have to mindwipe him when he returns anyway, just like in the old days. Or maybe it's just a serious case of hero worship/legacy guilt.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Lightning Lad carrying an armless Brainy was a fun tweak of the past. Still, it bothered me that they made such a dramatic moment of it when it really wasn't much of a problem at all. And Phantom Girl's line about understanding why Superman turned off his com let Superman off the hook too easily for neglecting his duty. Brainy's man-crush does bring a fun dynamic though.

The Scavengers were a little too Borg-like for me.

And there was more interlac! I love how only the interlac-literate got the reveal of her last name (they didn't actually mention it did they?)

No, it wasn't mentioned, but when her hair fell out while Supes was holding her, kind of gave it away for me. I was saying, "Would Alexis' last name be...LUTHOR?"

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought that her company symbol gave away...as it shows two "L" - one is upside down sorta like Yin/Yang symbol.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN:
quote:

well if the scavengers were human or at least have human brains then it wouldn't be beyond Saturn girls ability to cast a mental illusion of her in their heads.
Yes, but this ability was more implied than used in the comics, and was pretty much forgotten after Projectra was introduced.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Remember--during the team 20 arc reboot Shvaughn Erin told Lex Luthor that she had never heard of him--indicating that Luthor is forgotten in that Legion's timeline.

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought her identity was given away the minute they named her 'Alexis'. Surely, by now, we know what clues to look for in a Superman story.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
I know Saturn Girl used illusion-casting at least once in postboot. Since she used it to scare Validus into submission, by making it think she was a bigger creature.
Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.