Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legacy ep - SPOILERS (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Legacy ep - SPOILERS
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
She used it quite extensively in Legion Lost, as well.

Her illusion-casting ability goes back at least to her second appearance, where she makes a gun appear to a crook as though it is a snake. As HWW points out, this ability was largely ignored once Projectra was introduced, until the postboot, where Sensor's powers were also made telepathic in nature, effectively giving the two characters slight variations on the same abilities.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
I thought her identity was given away the minute they named her 'Alexis'. Surely, by now, we know what clues to look for in a Superman story.

Heh-
you overestimate my ability to examine the story for it's pertinant details and enjoy the ride simultaneously.
[Big Grin]
You're absolutely right though, there's no reason I didn't get the hint to begin with but instead I (like Lash) half expected her to be a Laster Spiffany knock off and was surprised to see her turn into a Luthor.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Heck, I spent half the episode trying to find anagrams for "Magathar". [Wink]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, I thought there was a heavy Laurel Kent feeling going on at first. But it was a way more interesting story, having her be a descendant of Luthor instead of Clark. Also, awkward conversation to have with the kids if it was the whole "attracted to a relative" thing!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't beleive nobody has mentioned that Alexis' robo-domo, Wodehouse, was named in homage of P.G. Wodehouse, only the most brillant writer this side of Shakespear.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
When we first see Brainy in this episode, he is in his Mobius Chair scrolling through holo-screens of Interlac text. Has anyone were yet tried to get a screen capture and translate what Brainy was reading?

Does it say anything, or is it gibberish?

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insomniac Girl
Super-Space-Ditz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insomniac Girl   Email Insomniac Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
When I saw the text I of course had to freeze the scene and staaaaare at it prolongedly, but I couldn't make out anything interlac-y, even considering that it is mirrored. I vote gibberish.

Also, I want my own Wodehouse.

Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Probability Pete
Probably

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Probability Pete   Email Probability Pete         Edit/Delete Post     
Huggies to Portfolio Boy who got the
PG Wodehouse ref.
Go Jeeves!!
I am posting because I am in a state of ennui,
Ah... where is the "mot jus"?

From: NJ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koymc Dox
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Koymc Dox   Author's Homepage   Email Koymc Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I know Saturn Girl used illusion-casting at least once in postboot. Since she used it to scare Validus into submission, by making it think she was a bigger creature.
quote:
She used it quite extensively in Legion Lost, as well.
Up to and including making everyone think Apparition was hanging around for 2/3 of the series, and the illusion of the other Legionnaires "finding" them.

I'm just glad that after all the "Oh I'm in trouble Garth or Brin save me!" nonsense in the Timber Wolf episode, Imra comes accross as anything but helpless against the Scavengers. That's more like it.

--------------------
"I will drill a hole through my head. You cannot stop me."

Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
I can't beleive nobody has mentioned that Alexis' robo-domo, Wodehouse, was named in homage of P.G. Wodehouse, only the most brillant writer this side of Shakespear.

I made much of this point in my review several days ago. I agree that it's probably the most important thing in the episode.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought the Alexis/Superman scenes went on a little too long (whether or not you guessed her identity, which I did) and there ought to have been some explanation how she and Woodhouse (hee) managed to find the Scavengers after Brainy's scanners and Saturn Girl's mind probes had failed to locate them. But the only real "gaak!" moment came when Imra began performing gymnastics on the depot steps. The rest was simply good fun with a near-perfect ending (Alexis should have stayed bald). Phantom Girl is a cutie and I'm beginning to warm up to Robo-Pinocchio Brainy.

I was informed by my resident expert on such matters that Lightning Lad's hand-cupping, energy-ball-pitching attack style is straight out of Dragonball. And here stupid Me thought it was something new and original.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
I thought the Alexis/Superman scenes went on a little too long (whether or not you guessed her identity, which I did) and there ought to have been some explanation how she and Woodhouse (hee) managed to find the Scavengers after Brainy's scanners and Saturn Girl's mind probes had failed to locate them. But the only real "gaak!" moment came when Imra began performing gymnastics on the depot steps. The rest was simply good fun with a near-perfect ending (Alexis should have stayed bald). Phantom Girl is a cutie and I'm beginning to warm up to Robo-Pinocchio Brainy.

I was informed by my resident expert on such matters that Lightning Lad's hand-cupping, energy-ball-pitching attack style is straight out of Dragonball. And here stupid Me thought it was something new and original.

Heh. To me it looks like an attack out of City of
Heroes ... [Big Grin]

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Downunder Lad
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Downunder Lad   Email Downunder Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed the ep - IS it me, or is there a serious "Adventure" flavour to the TV 31st Century? not that they are limiting themselves to those characters, but that just seems to be the flavour of the stories - nice, clean, with a minimum of angst and worry and a good deal of fun and character development. The whole "Dating Lex's great nth grand-daughter" idea just had me wanting to dig back through my digests...

And I agree that having the identity reveal in interlac just MADE the ep for me [Smile]

From: Botany Bay | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.