Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Brain Drain (Feb. 3) ... SPOILERS (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Brain Drain (Feb. 3) ... SPOILERS
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
Comics Continuum has stills from the ALL NEW LOSH episode this weekend.

Looks like Superman and Timberwolf get a little head from Brainy

[ February 03, 2007, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
You can see the promo the stills are from here. I actually offered to send Rob the stills this past Saturday but he already had a set he wanted to use today.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Straya
Raging Robophile

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Straya   Author's Homepage   Email Straya         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
"It's an episode that deals with Superman's friendship with Brainiac -- and also the contradictions of that friendship because of their unknown history."
OMFG YES! That is EXACTLY the kind of thing I have been waiting for. If the episode actually gets into that territory and does a good job of it, I may be here on the boards later today geeking out like a total maniac. You have been warned. XD

--------------------
"Not imbalanced, just creatively calibrated!"

Talks about Transformers too much. Likes robots with plenty of bling, er big guns!

From: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought the episode was very entertaining. It just felt like all the characters were in the groove. Very comfortable, which is a good thing.
Crazy Brainy was pretty dang funny, and the fact that the head and body were separated made for more fun.

SPOILER!

Basically, Brainy let Superman know that he won't be able to tell him the details about his life (like the fact that his powers won't work unless he's under a red sun), that he needs to find things out on his own. Imagine what that must feel like, to know someone who knows your future, but won't tell you. That'd surely be a reason to keep one's distance, just because of the aggravation. IMO.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked this episode, but one line really made it for me:

I want my cocoa!

[ROTFLMAO]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
*SPOILER ALERT*

Timberwolf's, back, YAY! He kicked a lot of ass in this episode, and had a few good lines...

TW: The last time I went through one of these things, I lost my tail.

*Legionnares look shocked*

TW: Kidding...

I was kind of disapointed that since the episode took place on Timberwolf's home planet, I thought we were going to delve into his past a little more, but idiot Brainy TOTALLY made up for it, and his body reaking havoc was just as fun! And Although conveniantly finding a robot suit and using it MIGHT have been a cheap way to destroy the droids and stuff, I still love it whenever Superman uses future weapons, it makes him look all badass!

But I do have a question, if Saturn girl was only dealing with Brainiac5's BODY, than how was she able to create illusions in it's MIND?

Now I have to wait until it gets on youtube....

[ February 03, 2007, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Awesomegirl ]

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:

I want my cocoa!

[ROTFLMAO]

I took it to be "I want my Koko". Wasn't that the little white monkey obsessed with Brainy a couple of incarnations ago?

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I was thinking Koko, too, which I think makes it funnier. [Smile]

I thought it was a very fun episode. If they'd been smart, they'd have listened to Brainy's nutty clues about the red sun.

So Timber Wolf doesn't have a flight ring? He reminded Superman of his, but kept running instead of flying ahead with him. That didn't make any sense to me.

Other than that, I liked the episode. Brainy must not be all machine since Saturn Girl was able to use her thought-illusion power on his body. And I hope they had the forethought to grab that hunk of Zoonium for the next time Brainy goes through p'onfar, or whatever it was they called it. [Smile]

The Kid's WB Web site has a nonscrunched version of next week's trailer at http://www.kidswb.com/kids/home as well as an extended clip at http://www.kidswb.com/kids/video (LSV=LightSpeed Vanguard??? [Confused] )

**BATMAN SPOILER**

I wound up watching "The Batman" and was a bit bummed the Legion didn't appear in it since half of it took place in 3027. At least it looked like that may have been Interlac on the guy's wrist display, but it was too small to be sure. The Legion would have cooked Freeze's goose.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
So Timber Wolf doesn't have a flight ring? He reminded Superman of his, but kept running instead of flying ahead with him. That didn't make any sense to me.

The Kid's WB Web site has a nonscrunched version of next week's trailer at http://www.kidswb.com/kids/home as well as an extended clip at http://www.kidswb.com/kids/video (LSV=LightSpeed Vanguard???

Yeah, I noticed that too, but there might have been a couple of reasons for that...

1) He didn't bring it because he didn't think he would need it, or..

2) He prefers running instead of flying.

Hey, that reminds me, was anyone else expecting someone to say something like "What is it with you and dangerous planets?" to Timberwolf? I was...

And about the promos...*singing* We're gonna get a big-ass fight scene, LA LA LA LA LA LA!
[Wink] (sorry) [Embarrassed]

[ February 03, 2007, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Awesomegirl ]

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by The Man From Cargg:
quote:

I want my cocoa!

[ROTFLMAO]

I took it to be "I want my Koko". Wasn't that the little white monkey obsessed with Brainy a couple of incarnations ago?
It probably was "Koko". I've gotten into the habit of watching TV with the captions turned on and it said "cocoa", but whoever does these captions seems not to know much about Legion lore (it referred to "Kaluans" and "Zune" instead of Coluans and Zuun), so Koko does make more sense.

Either way, it was funny.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Short-Term-Memory-Loss Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Short-Term-Memory-Loss Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
I loved this episode!
It was almost like Brainy was channeling my spirit except i'm not dead.

My fav line(s) was

"I don't wanna go! I've decided I don't trust machines!
Especially this one! It doesn't like me! I can tell!"

Did anyone notice Colossal Boy in the preview for next week? (at the very beginning, you have to be quick)
They also mentioned the episode "Child's Play" but they haven't aired it yet!

From: My secret lab/war room | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
The LSV (Light Speed Vanguard, not Legion of Super-Villains) appears next week. In addition to Colossal Boy, it also looks like Triplicate Girl is back too. And with the shots of the LSV, it appears that Ronn-Karr is a shapeshifter, not merely Flat Stanley.

I wasn't sure if it was "Koko" or "Cocoa" either. I thought of Cocoa first, then thought, "wait a second, did they reall mean Koko? No, they wouldn't... would they?"

Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Mekt is using the name Lightning Lord though. At least according to the file I extracted from the KidsWB site for the extended promo.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Other than that, I liked the episode. Brainy must not be all machine since Saturn Girl was able to use her thought-illusion power on his body.

Well, in her very first appearance (comic book-wise. when she only had the power of thought-casting) Saturn Girl was able to control a robotic mind. Give that Brainy's body was continuing to operate (and in the crazy manner) it would appear that there was some mind/intelligence which Saturn Girl could affect.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The Man From Cargg:
quote:

I want my cocoa!

[ROTFLMAO]

It probably was "Koko". I've gotten into the habit of watching TV with the captions turned on and it said "cocoa", but whoever does these captions seems not to know much about Legion lore (it referred to "Kaluans" and "Zune" instead of Coluans and Zuun), so Koko does make more sense.

Either way, it was funny.

the captions are NOT always 100 percent accurate as many people thought that it was. I have repeatedly pointed out that there are many mistakes/errors on captioning....the captions are more like hmmm 88 percent right but not 12 percent right.

back to the topics - I liked the episode - the tone was light and simple. This is the first time we have seen B5 being comical and Lightning Lad/Saturn Girl dynamic was great with a little hint of romantic between them. "How Zuun" - Ha! No one thought of that line.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.