Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Brain Drain (Feb. 3) ... SPOILERS (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Brain Drain (Feb. 3) ... SPOILERS
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Grabois:
The LSV (Light Speed Vanguard, not Legion of Super-Villains) appears next week. In addition to Colossal Boy, it also looks like Triplicate Girl is back too. And with the shots of the LSV, it appears that Ronn-Karr is a shapeshifter, not merely Flat Stanley.

I also noticed Tyr and Orion the Hunter. Looks like it will be kewl!

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Watched it again (love TiVo).

Why are those mutated Zuunians allowed to just roam around and attack anyone that comes through?
Is Zuun part of the UP? If so, why no SPs? IF not, why can anyone transport in? One little rock of Zuunium? Is that it? Maybe there's more, just not dug up yet.

Totally wish it was the Kwai that controlled the transportation doorways! Maybe even Shikari in charge? Why not?

Totally looking forward to next week! Gim! The fem villains looked unfamiliar, but the one in white seems to be Esper Lass. Don't recognize the one in navy.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Here is the Legion World copy of the Lightning Storm promo. Gary, I'm working on getting the preview clip too.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Scott. I was working on that myself. (Will stop now. [Smile] )
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry about that Gary. I got the .flv files from WB to use at The Clubhouse. Took a little longer to convert them to .wmv for use here. I've started a separate thread for Lightning Storm too. I'll just link the clip there.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reckless
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reckless   Email reckless         Edit/Delete Post     
There is more Zuunium. Timberwolf said that because Superman lost his powers, they couldn't go to the Zuunium vault and had to go to the last active mine. I assume the vault must be heavily fortified. So maybe there is not much zuunium left on the planet, only what is locked away in the vault and the little left in the mine.

Maybe that's why the mutants are allowed to wander freely. It seemed like the planet is pretty much abandoned except for the mutants and the robots. The vault may be close to the gate so anyone who comes to collect the zuunium can get it without having to face the mutants. But with Superman powerless, that wasn't an option.

As for the episode, Timberwolf totally kicked ass and it would have been nice to spend a little more time on him (especially after not having him in several episodes). I liked the Brainy/Superman interplay, but I couldn't help wondering why Brainy only thanked Superman and not Timberwolf who twice sacrificed himself so that Superman and Brainy could get to the Zuunium. First, with the miners, and then again with the robots.

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by reckless:

As for the episode, Timberwolf totally kicked ass and it would have been nice to spend a little more time on him (especially after not having him in several episodes). I liked the Brainy/Superman interplay, but I couldn't help wondering why Brainy only thanked Superman and not Timberwolf who twice sacrificed himself so that Superman and Brainy could get to the Zuunium. First, with the miners, and then again with the robots.

Crap, Timberwolf is my favorite character, so why didn't I notice that Brainy didn't thank him? COME ON, BRAINY, GIVE TIMBERWOLF SOME DAMN CREDIT!! But of course, Brainy probably doesn't remember much about the whole time he was on Zuun anyway, considering he was delusional the entire time, so I'll let it slide....for now.

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Still working out some details...but here's the page with the latest animated Legion goodies.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
My favorite line was LL when B5 said he might go a little nuts.
"That sounds entertaining"

I also liked some of B5's 'random' rants such as telling SuperBOY to stay away from shiny green rocks, and the red and gold and white...

It was said that the only way to get to Zunn in a reasonable amount of time was the portal and it was unstable and little used. I took this to mean that Zunn has been left behind by the UP, hence the broken equipment and suits on Zunn and the cause for the mutants.

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Thanks go to Lightning Lad for helping finish of the cartoon clips page!

Thanks Scott!

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Watched it again (love TiVo).

Totally looking forward to next week! Gim! The fem villains looked unfamiliar, but the one in white seems to be Esper Lass. Don't recognize the one in navy.

Spider Girl? If I remember correctly, you're speaking of the female figure with a long blue hair, right? that's Spider Girl but going by the name of Wave....correction is welcomed.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
We have an Animated LSV thread here

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

I noticed that Superman mentions discovering his weakness to magic. This obviously took place in "Child's Play" which hasn't aired yet, but which was supposed to be episode 7.
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Thanks go to Lightning Lad for helping finish of the cartoon clips page!

Thanks Scott!

Just doing my part. [Smile]
Straya
Raging Robophile

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Straya   Author's Homepage   Email Straya         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh man oh man oh man. That episode was great! I laughed through most of it and picked up on a lot of the kryptonite and sun refs on the second time through. Those closing lines between Brainiac 5 and Superman are starting to spawn more plot bunnies, though... D'OH.

--------------------
"Not imbalanced, just creatively calibrated!"

Talks about Transformers too much. Likes robots with plenty of bling, er big guns!

From: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.