Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Lightning Storm (Feb. 10) ... SPOILERS (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Lightning Storm (Feb. 10) ... SPOILERS
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Since we have a promo clip and a preview clip already available for next week's episode might as well get the ball rolling and not get the comments for Brain Drain all mixed up with Lightning Storm.

Below are the links provided by Suddenly Seymour (in the Brain Drain thread) for the clip and preview to Lightning Storm.

quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
The Kid's WB Web site has a nonscrunched version of next week's trailer at http://www.kidswb.com/kids/home as well as an extended clip at http://www.kidswb.com/kids/video (LSV=LightSpeed Vanguard??? [Confused] )

[ February 03, 2007, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
I love the LSV set up. We're not going back to the Legion of Super Villains but we get the Light Speed Vanguard instead. This should be good.

Also we have an Animated LSV thread here

[ February 03, 2007, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Tekwych ]

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm really looking forward to this episode because I really like the idea of seeing as many characters as possible in the series.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
I bet LightSpeed Vanguard is just a phoney name the LSV use to trick LL into joining them. They got the right acronym, at least.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
They never actually call themselves the Legion of Super-Villains in the episode. I have a feeling that if they are called that at all, it will be the media that gives them that name, sort of like the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants in the X-Men.

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Love seeing CB and more Lu!

And we get the Subs! Yeah!

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
ok wasn't to crazy about them portraing Tyr as a "B.A.M.F" Mr.T type. and at first i though that Ron Karr was Chameleon king. (i though all Ron Karr could do was make himself super-thin?) but i did like seeing Gim even though he wasn't around for long and of course seeing Invisiable Kid 2 gave me a Saturday morning "Joygasim"

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
The best part of this episode was spotting all the characters at the Legion try-outs, seeing Lu again and seeing her and Chuck connecting.

The worst part was the ridiculous giant squid at the beginning. Why didn't Saturn Girl try to control its brain as Esper Lass ended up doing? Are you telling me Superman can't break free of some undercooked calamari? Or Lightning Lad?

I don't think the LSV needs Hunter AND Tyr...kind of redundant but I liked Hunter's Aussie accent...not so much Tyr's accent...which sounded like Shaft. Why not just have a black character?

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I liked all the characterizations! This episode was just what I hoped. I didn't know the Tryers Out would be there this ep, so I was thrilled to see Infectious Lass and Plant Lad and all the Subs. Porcupine Pete even had lines! Breath Boy was SO funny! Classic! We even got to see another Lightning Beast and Lil Ayla! Thrills!

I agree that the Legion did come across as Super Lame fighting that squid in the beginning. They could have shown them mess up some other way. But that was fine. The later battle made up for it. They really do a great job with the action sequences in this show!

Big thumbs up from me! Can't wait til *next* week, with the try outs!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duck458
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duck458   Email duck458         Edit/Delete Post     
Each ep is more enjoyable than the last.

--------------------
So what.

From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
At first, I had the same problems with the giant squid, but then I figured that Saturn Girl and Superman could have gone all out, but they didn't want to hurt an animal who was only following its nature. The LSV, on the other hand, would have no qualms about hurting or even killing the creature and wouldn't hold back, as Imra and Clark may have been doing.

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Clips are now up. Including a preview of next week's episode courtesy of Kids WB.

[EDIT: Now they should work. Screwed up on the names of the files.]

[ February 10, 2007, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Gary, the clip for the Substitutes isn't working.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I screwed up the names. They should work now. I hope.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Looking good!
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.