Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Lightning Storm (Feb. 10) ... SPOILERS (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Lightning Storm (Feb. 10) ... SPOILERS
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
This was easily my favorite episode of the series thus far!

Tons of awesome characters making their animated debut!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
FABOO episode!!
Mekt looked dreamy.Loved his lightning bolt eyebrows.
and DRURA,DRURA,DRURA!!

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Cadet
Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Cadet   Email Space Cadet         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Malvolio:
At first, I had the same problems with the giant squid, but then I figured that Saturn Girl and Superman could have gone all out, but they didn't want to hurt an animal who was only following its nature. The LSV, on the other hand, would have no qualms about hurting or even killing the creature and wouldn't hold back, as Imra and Clark may have been doing.

Thanks, that works for me; that was the only complaint I had about the episode (well, other than Gim's part being too "small"), so thanks for fixing it. [Wink]

--------------------
Readin' Legion since '62

From: Winnipeg | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
I missed the episode. Was Ayla actually in it?

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
Only in the origin flashback.

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
It was awesome to see Chlor, Fire Lad, Color Kid, Polar Boy, Infectious Lass and the rest again (I saw Stone Boy and Night Girl, but they didn't get as much face time as the rest)! And whoo! More Triplicate Girl *and* Bouncing Boy *and* they introed Colossal Boy! It's just so much goodness all at once, I'm gonna go into shock!

Being a fan of oddballs like Porcupine Pete and Ron-Karr and Spider Girl, it was neat to see them as well, even if they weren't exactly the way I remembered them. (I'm cool with Spider Girl having different colored hair, so that she looks less like a copy of Marvels Medusa, regardless of which character came first...)

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Another episode full of LSH treats! I thought the LSVers were well-done & liked the twist on their motives. The surprise preview of legion try-outs was a moment for television history. Minor quibbles: Not especially thrilled with seeing the Ranzz origin agian, but it was kept nicely short & let us see Ayla. Also, reaffirmed my feeling that the legion cruiser is an overwrought design.
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
This episode was *everything* I ever hoped for in a Legion cartoon! Could it possibly get any better?

Maybe next week. [Big Grin]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
My Blog 9 review is nowposted.

BOTTOM LINE: Simply the best episode of the Legion cartoon so far. Cool fights, competing super-teams, family feuds, teen-aged romance, and Legion applicants. This one had it all, and did it all well. Yes, THIS, is what I had most hoped for in a Legion cartoon.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:

Being a fan of oddballs like Porcupine Pete and Ron-Karr and Spider Girl, it was neat to see them as well, even if they weren't exactly the way I remembered them. (I'm cool with Spider Girl having different colored hair, so that she looks less like a copy of Marvels Medusa, regardless of which character came first...)

Sussa's blue hair and "Wave" code-name come from the "Legion On The Run" storyarc shortly before the 2boot. What did strike me as odd was calling the LSV's shapeshifter "Ron-Karr" instead of "Chameleon Chief".

Was Tyr voiced by the same actor who's playing Timber Wolf? They sounded very similar to me.

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Tyr was voiced by Khary Payton, the same guy who voiced Cyborg.

Timber Wolf is Shawn Harrison. He was Waldo on FAMILY MATTERS.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Tyr was voiced by Khary Payton, the same guy who voiced Cyborg.

He also voiced Hunter.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't believe I missed it!
!@#$%^&*!!!!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
When is this episode gonna be on Youtube!?! I'm dying to see it again.

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Straya
Raging Robophile

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Straya   Author's Homepage   Email Straya         Edit/Delete Post     
Tossin' in my two cents... great ep! I really dug the bits between Triplicate Girl and Bouncing Boy, and Brainiac 5's "bake sale" joke was probably the line of the show. I like how they set things up for the next ep with the try-outs... oooh, I just know that one is gonna be awesome. XD

The more I watch this show, the more I really like Lightning Lad. He's got a lot of development potential and the way they're handling things, there's more to him than we were shown at the start...they're just going little by little and it's the kind of thing I expect out of a good animated series. I also like the fact that, slowly but surely, they're building respect up between LL and Superman. What went on between LL and Saturn Girl was also a nice touch, I can definitely see the authorial intent for the pairing to head towards canon where the animated version is concerned.

An oh, TIMBERWOLF. He's rapidly becoming my second favorite. I didn't like him too much at first, but the guy is way too much fun to watch. (Plus the fangirl in me now thinks he has sexy feet and legs after his intro shot in this episode. LOL. Oh, brick me...)

--------------------
"Not imbalanced, just creatively calibrated!"

Talks about Transformers too much. Likes robots with plenty of bling, er big guns!

From: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.