Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Lightning Storm (Feb. 10) ... SPOILERS (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Lightning Storm (Feb. 10) ... SPOILERS
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm just impressed that CW is showing them in the correct order. [Big Grin]

And as for YouTube. Posting these episodes is, technically, illegal and YouTube is under a lot of pressure to pull anything that is copyrighted.

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
Tekwych: actually, they're NOT in the correct order. The one we saw last week ("Brain Drain") was episode 1.09, "Lightning Storm" is episode 1.08, and next week's show "Substitutes" is actually 1.10. Episode 1.07, with a young magician who may be Mordru, will be the last of this bunch.

In fact, you might recall Superman saying that he knew magic could take his powers away, but he didn't know about the red sun. He was referring to the events in 1.07 which we haven't seen yet.

The first three were broadcast in order, but the next three were shown as 1.06, 1.05, 1.04, and this month we have 1.09, 1.08, 1.10, and 1.07.

Don't see it on YouTube yet, but you can download the torrents at either [Links removed] or [Links removed].

[ February 13, 2007, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
I just meant Lightning Storm and Substitutes will be shown in correct order. I can see CW running them in reverse even with such obvious references within the shows. The magic statement could, IMO, be missed by a network screener easily. To reverse these would have been stupid.

Wonder what order the DVD will have? Script or Air date?

--------------------
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Tyr was voiced by Khary Payton, the same guy who voiced Cyborg.

Timber Wolf is Shawn Harrison. He was Waldo on FAMILY MATTERS.

Oh my goodness! Timber Wolf is Waldo? That's funny [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
This episode is on Youtube, YAY!

[Link removed]

Anyways, this episode is great, although I didn't think so the first time I watched it, mainly because Lightning Lad is my least favorite character, but I think that's going to change because of the amount of depth they gave him in this episode. And some other notes....

Timberwolf just gets cooler and cooler by the episode, like the part where he just came out of nowhere and suggested a stake-out. Awesome!

The Subs? Yes.
The Flashback? Hell yes.
"Now that's what I call matter over mind!" That line was total cheese, but Saturn girl pulled it off for some reason(not to mention she kicked ass too). Let's hope the writers don't go overboard with lame comebacks and such. One of the things I like about this show is that they hardly use any bad puns, the fight scenes speak for themselves.

Let the Bouncing Boy/Triplicate girl shipping begin!

[ February 13, 2007, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Great episode, and loved all the cameos! I think what I really liked about this one was that on top of the usual episode action there was the added fun of hunting all the 'Easter Egg' characters. I've been taking screen shots of episode so I can check out character designs for manips.
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Straya
Raging Robophile

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Straya   Author's Homepage   Email Straya         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Grabois:
Don't see it on YouTube yet, but you can download the torrents at either [Links removed] or [Links removed].

Okay, you are my hero of the day, now. I was having trouble finding the most recent eps in non-hi def format and now I can get them! (And for me, it's not really just for re-watching because I tape the eps on good ol' VHS every Saturday. Nah...I still have hopes of making a music video...)

[ February 13, 2007, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

--------------------
"Not imbalanced, just creatively calibrated!"

Talks about Transformers too much. Likes robots with plenty of bling, er big guns!

From: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
People...

I hate to be a wet blanket here, but we should NOT be promoting illegal dissemination of any copyrighted work.

Nightcrawler and others have worked very hard to build good relations with DC, and I for one would hate to see this site - or Nightcrawler - fall prey to a pack of hungry attorneys.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
I just noticed something. In the Korbal flashback, the Ranzz siblings all have dark colored eyes. I gather the lightning beast not only turned Mekt's hair silver-white and gave Garth his scar, but gave them (the boys at least) their bright electric-blue eyes.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I was pleased to see another entry in the Legion of Lightining Beasts of Korbal. I still intend on corralling all the various designs into a single collection sometime.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked this episode! The show's definitely getting better.

Gim was totally wasted though. Can't believe they didn't even show us him using his power! Bring back Colossal Boy!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I thought the use of Colossal Boy was the one weak part of the show.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Straya
Raging Robophile

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Straya   Author's Homepage   Email Straya         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
People...

I hate to be a wet blanket here, but we should NOT be promoting illegal dissemination of any copyrighted work.

Apologies...

Well, hopefully, Legion will get released on DVD in a timely manner. For one, I've been fully supportive of the DC cartoons series we've liked; my fiancé and I have already bought season 2 of Teen Titans on DVD, as well as seasons 1 and 2 of The Batman. (And if I can find season 1 of TT, I'll get that, too!) If stuff's out there for me to get on the shelves, I'll go get it. [Wink]

--------------------
"Not imbalanced, just creatively calibrated!"

Talks about Transformers too much. Likes robots with plenty of bling, er big guns!

From: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
speaking of DVD, which season that Legion appeared in JLU? Season two or three? I think that JLU Season 2 is out ???
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

JLU 2 is out next month but the LSH are in Last season.

Edit - Did some research - This is the last season of JLU, the LSH episode should be on disc 4 of this set.

[ February 17, 2007, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: Tekwych ]

--------------------
Go! Figure

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.