Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Today's episode "Child's Play"...what did you think? - SPOILERS (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Today's episode "Child's Play"...what did you think? - SPOILERS
numberonelegionfan
Defender Of The Legacy Of Rassilon (Gallifrey:Planet Of The Time Lords)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for numberonelegionfan   Author's Homepage   Email numberonelegionfan         Edit/Delete Post     
Walking muffins? Raining Cats and Dogs? A building with googly eyes? Brainy in the box. That can only mean one thing...magic. And where there's magic there's either Mordru, White Witch, Dragonmage, Mxyzptlk or someone else.

In this case, it's a young kid that looks like Mxyzptlk wearing a Brainstorm type helmet. If I heard him right, he said his name is Zix.

Yay, mention of Zerox and a cameo of Triplicate Girl.

Phantom Girl's mother, Winema....still as opinionated as ever. Hey and she's called Tinya!

The alien creatures with the vertical mouths from "Phantoms" (btw, they also look like Bizarro's "Krypto" from Superman Adventures) are running amok and they have names...Comet and Cupid.

Ouch! Lightning Lad gets turned into a rat! Bouncing Boy goes splat...literally! Quick! Someone get a 31st Century spatula!

Our little friend is prone to temper tantrums and doesn't want to go back to Wizard's World because there are too many rules.

Superman finds out (albeit the hard way) that he's vulnerable to magic.

Triplicate Girl gets a citation for illegal triplicating.

Phantom Girl has to box a giant rabbit.

Zix's outfit turns from looking like Mxyzptlk's into looking dark like Mordru's outfit. Whoa baby, he just when all dark purple Mxyzptlk like "Whatever Happened To The Man Of Tomorrow?"

[ February 24, 2007, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

--------------------
The best way to find out where you're from is to find out where you're going and then work backwards.
Where are you going?
I don't know!

Spooooooon!!!

From: London, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
hee hee but there was one character that caught my attention - he looks like Mordru! I wonder if we are gonna see him again in the near future. ? ? ?

overall the episode was hilarious.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
After the preview of this episode, I feared that Zix would be really annoying, and he was, but the constant action made the story work. In fact, he did some funny stuff that evoked a few chuckles outta me.

Tinya was great on Zerok(?). One of the council members was totally Mordru, no question!

I tend to prefer the episodes with more characters or different characters, but this one was just fine. No complaints.

Looking forward to next week, with Cos and Ferro Lad and Colossal Boy.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I noticed the Mordru Easter egg, too. Neat.

Zitz or whatever they called him was just plain irritating and predictable, though.

Lightning Rat? Ugh. But Superman realizing his vulnerability to magic was well done.

The best part was Zerox, with the thousands of Triplicate Girls and Phantom Girl wading throuh the medieval beaurocracy. Good to see Prez Wazzo again, too.

Some very decent parts but not quite up to par with previous episodes. I can see why the started the Feb. sweeps with Brain Drain instead.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
A green hat with wings..he he..gotta be Mordru...and since we call my 6yr old "Ratboy" we thought Lightning Rat was very appropriate (LL's his favorite character).

I think the Super Pets ought to induct a new member [Big Grin]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
What I've noticed while watching LoSH, scratch that, any show, is that it seems like whenever there's a really great episode(The Substitutes)there's always a let down episode waiting just around the corner(Child's Play).

I'm not saying this was a bad episode,(nor did I really have high expectations for it)I'm just saying that they could have done better with it. Although I did like the Phantom girl parts and how Superman discovered his weakness to magic.

And I don't care what anyone says, Bouncing Boy rocks!

[ February 24, 2007, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Awesomegirl ]

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked the use of Triplicate Girl, but I want to see her used more prominently in an episode.

I also noticed the Easter Egg of Dr. Fate's helmet.

And Awesomegirl, Bouncing Boy bounces. Stone Boy rocks! [Wink]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
And Awesomegirl, Bouncing Boy bounces. Stone Boy rocks! [Wink]

So does Rokk Rock while Bouncing Boy Rolls?

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey that's right!
Fate's helmet and iirc a GL's power battery.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Hey that's right!
Fate's helmet and iirc a GL's power battery.

That's the one I saw but forgot while posting.

BTW, How are you doing YK?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, wasn't there an old issue of Adventure where the Legion met a descendent of Mxyzsptlk? I thought this episode was an homage to that old story.

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Check out the clips.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I noticed Dr. Fate's helmet and the lantern and... the EYE!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
This ep was much better than I expected! Yes, Zyx was annoying, but what omnipotent magical imp, isn't? I was just delighted that he wasn't a descendant of Mxy, but a renegade from the Sorcerer's World. It was a great, low key intro to a place that could have a big impact in the future. The bureaucracy of magic was funny, and logical, and Mordru as the belligerent council member was great. He's totally the Antonin Scalia of Zerok(?). I always enjoy the Winema/Tinya interractions, mainly because Winema ISN'T a clueless, vindictive bitch but a concerned, thoughtful, but very busy mom. In other words, more of a real person. Look's like some real tension next week. In this Legion, Rokk and Garth aren't best buds, anymore at least.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
I was expecting to dislike this episode but I ended up loving it, not least because Tinya saved the day. I also really enjoyed the multiple Trips constantly blinking, the giant rabbit with boxing gloves, Lightning Rat, and a bunch of other stuff that's not coming to mind right now.

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.