Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Today's episode "Child's Play"...what did you think? - SPOILERS (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Today's episode "Child's Play"...what did you think? - SPOILERS
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
This episode was a delightful, Silver Age-style romp, featuring a magical villain, some silliness, and some unexpected twists. Once again, Phantom Girl saves the day.

Zyx's helmet threw me off. It looked very familiar. It reminded me of Hector Hammond's, I believe. I expected the helmet to the source of Zyx's power, but it apparently wasnt.

Zeroc? Zerok? The change in pronunciation is understandable, as the Xerox people might object. It was portrayed as a place straight out of "Alice in Wonderland," with surreal characters behaving in surreal ways.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bouncing Boy 61
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bouncing Boy 61   Email Bouncing Boy 61         Edit/Delete Post     
After the substitutes which I thought was one of the best this was a definite letdown.

--------------------
"Anyone got a patch? I think I have a flat"

From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed this much more than I thought I would. I loved the weirdness of Zerok. I especially loved head wizard hitting on Winema at the end.

Can we say that she's being portrayed as a 'Single Mom' and successful career woman.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought the episode was okay, but definitely a big drop off from the coolness of the previous two episodes.

The massive destruction being caused by giant Zyx rampaging through Metropolis kind of annoyed me. I guess it was all supposed to be fixed at the end, but I kept thinking that tons of people must be getting killed.

While I liked the basic idea of Tinya going to Zerok to negotiate for their help, I didn't think it was all that well done. The bureaucracy jokes just all fell flat, and the whole war/surrender sequence didn't work quite as well as intended either.

So, I guess that all in all I just felt like it had a lot of potential, but lost somewhat in the execution.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
Zyx's helmet threw me off. It looked very familiar. It reminded me of Hector Hammond's, I believe.

I don't remember Hector Hammond ever wearing a helmet like that, but one of my favourite D-List JLA villains, Brainstorm, sure did. That's probably who you're thinking of HWW.

I agree with EDE on all his points re: this ep. I thought it was a huge drop-down in quality after the previous 2 or 3. But since its a hold-over from back when this series was extremely average/below-average (the first 3-4 episodes) I can overlook it since I know the show has gotten a lot better since then.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
A green hat with wings..he he..gotta be Mordru...and since we call my 6yr old "Ratboy" we thought Lightning Rat was very appropriate (LL's his favorite character).

I think the Super Pets ought to induct a new member [Big Grin]

Your boy has good taste Art. [Smile]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Indeed!

And I'm in agreement with everyone that the other wizard on the council was Mordru. I checked the credits, but only saw the high-up muckity-muck wizard listed there. I was hoping to see Mordru's name in the "voiced by" section, just to confirm.

Definitely not as good as Subs was, but it had it's moments!

Now, next week looks to Rokk, literally! [Smile] [Smile] Can't wait!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
Over on the ToonZone message boards, someone said that Zyx's helmet reminded him of The Master (from Superboy 205 - anyone got the issue and a scanner handy?). I thought it looked like Brain Storm too.

OmniCraig - Mordru was listed as "Evil Wizard" in the credits. He was voiced by Richard McGonagle, the same guy who did the High Elder wizard.

Next week is the last new episode until the 2-part season finale in May.

Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
what?!? we have to wait until two months to find out the finale?!? oh that's a real torture!!! argh!

I remember reading #205 - but the problem is I left it in the storage. [Frown] That's the cover showing Lana Lang and Ultra Boy in chains and being aimed by four or five legionnaires ready to fire them to death....something mindcontrolled...?? It is a 100 page giant....the third story involved Pa and Ma Kent trapping Mon-el and Superboy...and the second story - can't remember - ???

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
or maybe it is in the Legion Archives #12 or #13....who knows?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Grabois:
Next week is the last new episode until the 2-part season finale in May.

WHAT?!? We're one episode away from the finale already?! How many episodes were there in this season? It's gone by so fast! I need more S&tLoSH!
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
US cartoons have a 13 episode season. US TV offer 22 episodes per season. Most Anime on Japanese TV offer 20-24 episodes per season.

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Thanks Tekwych. I had thought US cartoons were like live-action TV and Japanese anime with around 22 episodes per season.

I guess it makes sense that they'd introduce Ferro Lad in the episode before the finale if the rumours of what that 2-parter's storyline is going to be are true.

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
It could never really live up to the standards set by the last two episodes, but it was okay for what it was.

I really did want to see the White Witch, tho!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

but we saw only 9 episodes this year, right? does not make sense to me....where are four more missing episodes?
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.