Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » DVD announcements! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: DVD announcements!
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
Comics Contiunnum has a picture of the the box art.

What!! No girls? I'm incensed. [Smile]

Click for fullsize image

Superman told them that appearing on the box was
a mission much too dangerous for the girls.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Korbal:
Kind of torn--a complete season box set would probably only cost about five dollars more--but if the DVD does not sell well WBHV will never issue any other releases and "Legion" will suffer the same fate as "Static Shock."

Dunno what to do either-- I want ONE FULL SET of ALL episodes...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll get this to show support for the series... and when they finally release the first full season DVD, I'll buy -that- for keeps, and give this one to my nephew Alex! [Yes]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm... I could always sell it back to Spin Street for credit when the complete Season 1 is released... sounds like a solid plan.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
I'll get this to show support for the series... and when they finally release the first full season DVD, I'll buy -that- for keeps, and give this one to my nephew Alex! [Yes]

Great idea! I think I'll do that too, but my nephew has a different name.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Evolution Has Failed
Two more armpits than Atmos!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evolution Has Failed   Email Evolution Has Failed         Edit/Delete Post     
doesn't the fact that DVD box cover says "volume 1" indicate to anyone that perhaps they will simply release all the episodes in three or four volumes in lieu of a single release of the whole season?

In which case, waiting for the whole season release may be futile and/or moot.

If the four episodes are the first four, this might be the case. I'm still worried though that if volume 1 doesn't sell well, they may not release the others...

--------------------
"I like stuff that doesn't exist."

From: Old Lyme, CT | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I got the official press release with episode list and DVD extra:

Legion of Super Heroes: Volume 1 will be available on DVD for $14.97 with approx. 88 minutes of four 22-minute episodes:

* "Man of Tomorrow" – In their mission to travel back in time to retrieve Superman, the legion goes a little too far and discover a young Clark Kent before his super powers are realized.

* "Timber Wolf" - Dark secrets are discovered when a scientist calls on the legion for their help in capturing a dangerous creature.

* "Legacy" - Superman’s new friend, Alexis, wants to be Superman’s only friend.

* "Phantoms" – A teenager with the same powers as Superman is unleashed from a portal to a phantom dimension, where the Legionnaires become trapped.

Also includes the following special features (umm, I only count one):

We Are Legion -- The Legionnaires from the pages of DC Comics are back, this time in animated form. Looking at the rich history of storylines, characters, and classic team driven tales of action and adventure, the Legion of Super Heroes: Volume 1 is updated for today¹s audience. Featuring an interview with Paul Levitz, President & Publisher of DC Comics, and former writer on the Legion of Super Heroes comic book. {Estimated runtime 8-10 minutes}.

[ May 22, 2007, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Suddenly Seymour ]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evolution Has Failed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evolution Has Failed   Email Evolution Has Failed         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, SS!...

Indeed these are the first 4...

The single "special feature" is still
pretty cool...I mean has there EVER
been a video interview with ANY Legion
creator? Not that *I* know of (though
unfortunately omniscience continues to
elude me by increasingly wide margins...)

Assuming, however, such a special feature
is not in every volume, they can get 5 eps.
on at least one, so hopefully then that is 3
volumes for the season...at $15 a pop, that's
$45...

While the whole season on one DVD would
typically cost only $30...and you wonder
why they're splitting it! Seriously, while
inconvenient for us, this is probably a
good business decision...they'll have affordable
DVDs out there for the "curious" not wanting to
invest in the whole season, (or willing to
gamble on a Christmas gift), which might also
initiate some new viewership, while the huge
fans will probably buy all three volumes ANYWAY,
and will end up paying 50% more.

--------------------

From: Old Lyme, CT | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
This is a typical Warner Bros. animation move. They will release these single DVDs with three or four episode each until they've done the full season. Then, once all those multiple discs are out they'll release a set with everything plus extras.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evolution Has Failed

Thanks, LL ... but it will be SO hard not to buy them as they come out...especially if they have not yet announced the DEFINITe release of the full season yet!

which means they'll REALLY be raking us (well, me)for dough... it is indeed a business, no doubt...

--------------------

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I was really hoping that since they only did season sets for "The Batman" and "Loonatics Unleashed," they'd start with a season set for "Legion." They're probably counting on us (in dollar signs) die-hard adult fans to pick up both. The crossover adult appeal probably isn't as big with those other two.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Just a reminder -- the DVD comes out Aug. 28. I got my review copy for work and watched it today. For a cheapie one-off instead of a season set, they did a nice job.

The featurette, "We Are Legion: From Comic Book Origins to Animated Series Stars," rehashes a lot of stuff that's already been written, but it's interesting to put faces to names on the writing and design staff (no voice actors). Paul Levitz even has a few words to say.

They also show a couple concept images I hadn't seen. They don't look radically different from what they wound up with (James Tucker says he's got hundreds of ages of concept art), but LL was gonna have greyish white hair.

Who knows if the featurette will be repeated in the eventual season set, so I don't know to tell you AR collectors whether to buy now or wait.

But it's a nice little DVD for what it is. The images look great. They're full screen. It's been so long since I've watched an episode, I don't remember if it was broadcast full or wide screen, but the back of the case claims this is original broadcast ratio.

Who wants to bet the second volume will feature just a bunch of male villains. 'Cause everybody knows, boys won't want the DVD if there's a girl on the cover. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Geek Watch

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Should have been out yesterday. And should have been on my shipment list for this week as I ordered a discounted copy with my books. But it isn't. [Frown]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[sob]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Where?
Where do I get mine?
Yeah, I taped all the episodes but it just ain't the same.
So what?

I want one!!!

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.