Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Long Live Ferro Lad

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Long Live Ferro Lad
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Ferro Lad

Yeah. Cool Legionnaire. He was all guts and glory.

He came across as if he knew he was THE hero. Always meant to be.
We came to know he was not only a powerhouse but he was smart and resourceful as well.

We also found out how brave he was.

Click for fullsize image

You were a great hero Ferro Lad.

Rest in Peace Andrew Nolan.

[ May 06, 2007, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Yellow Kid ]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Ferro Lad - the greatest Legionnaire ever in the history!

my condolence to his twin brother, Douglas Nolan. Will we see him soon? I would like very much so!

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
RIP Ferro Lad

and if they find that body may it be only to bury it, with no comeback to life's, no merge consciousness, nothing to mar the sacrifice (the little kid's will handle it just fine), soon followed by the Ghost of Ferro Lad tradition.

This IMO is what created Legion and what will generate a new fan base.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flynt Brojj
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flynt Brojj           Edit/Delete Post     
Ferro Lad was always a favorite of mine, so it was cool seeing him on the show (and a bummer killing him off so soon).

I always thought it was funny that they kept making the eyeholes bigger on his helmet. Apparently his face is only jacked-up just outside of the *huge windows* on his mask now. lol

Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not-So-Bad Lad
Secret Honorary Auxiliary Substitute Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I hate this. Ferro Lad has always been a favorite of mine, and he's already killed. Well, I guess I can hope for Douglas or a "Ghost of" story. I have little hope he'll show up in the "New" Legion comic.

Does anyone here remember his portrayl in the SW6 stories? A sort of Daredevil with a deathwish thing? _Thats_ the character I want to see, and for more than 20 minutes or 4 issues.

*sigh* I'll shut up now...

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I think showing his body at the end of the episode leaves it open for Andy to come back in season 2.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaoSalad
Funny Guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GaoSalad   Email GaoSalad         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know why, but I never really like Ferro Lad until the last two eps... He seemed a bit too distant at first (But he did JUST meet the Legion), and I guess I didn't like that he was brought in without approval. He did, however, prove himself to be one of the better Legionnaires in the end. I really hope he isnt forgotten in the second season.
From: Over there | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matter Lad
What is a madman, but a broken genius?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matter Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Matter Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I think he should come back in the cartoon, and be introduced in the new comic. He's always been a favorite of mine, and I'd like him to get real recognition, in addition to Matter-Eater Lad becoming a full legionnaire.

--------------------
My homepage
Jus ad Bellum
Shinto

From: Saginaw, MI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Kayak
Italian Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Kayak   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Speaking of Ferro Lad...

I read Jim Shooter wrote an introduction for the "DC Classics Library" HC about Ferro Lad.
Could someone be so kind to scan that introduction and e-mail it to me? I'd really need to read it!
Thanks in advance [Smile]

--------------------
Ciao a tutti,
FABIO

http://www.nottolone.net/legione/

From: Milan, Italy | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.