Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion in 31st #3 - Infectious Lass MVP (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion in 31st #3 - Infectious Lass MVP
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
This issue finally captured some of the humour and fun of the TV show.

You can't go wrong with the Subs and a featured appearance by Infectious Lass (who is offered but declines Legion membership).

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
The Subs episode was the best so I hope they capture some of that. I haven't read any of this series. I need to jump on.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
It was a different writer -- Scott Beatty vs. J. Torres, who wrote the first two issues.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
This one was sickeningly cute. [Wink]

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Fun issue and different than Drura's appearance in the Subs episode. First issue that's really gone off in a new direction instead of trying to fit in to the show.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed this issue even though it clearly contradicts the continuity of the show. But it was fun -- I was bummed they showed Night Girl so prominently in the group shot and then didn't give her a panel to audition.

I think my issue had a couple pages out of order -- anybody else get this?

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
I enjoyed this issue even though it clearly contradicts the continuity of the show. But it was fun -- I was bummed they showed Night Girl so prominently in the group shot and then didn't give her a panel to audition.

Mine seems fine... what pages seemed wrong to you?

--------------------

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
[QB]I enjoyed this issue even though it clearly contradicts the continuity of the show. But it was fun -- I was bummed they showed Night Girl so prominently in the group shot and then didn't give her a panel to audition./QB]

I loved Night Girl's owl-eyes.

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by The Man From Cargg:
quote:

After the page where they start bragging about their powers, I have two pages with them on the Khund ship breaking loose, then it goes back to the planet and the page where Infectious Lass shows up.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah I wanted more Night Girl. I read it and it was fun. Nice to see all those Legion elements used in different ways.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The Man From Cargg:
quote:

After the page where they start bragging about their powers, I have two pages with them on the Khund ship breaking loose, then it goes back to the planet and the page where Infectious Lass shows up.
It looks like Infectious Lass mixed up your pages along with the heroes' powers. Mine doesn't read like that. You might want to take it back to the store and check out one on the stands.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed the issue. The first two were too tied to the episodes for my tastes; I'd rather see the book stretch its own wings while staying within the general theme.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I won't get this until next Friday, but it's a safe bet I'll love it. [Infectious Lass]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

I like the panel were all the male member drool over our girl. [Smile]
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
This was a great issue, really enjoyed it and it was what I was hoping for the comic to be like. A simple story, but all the fun of the TV show was there and it was easy to follow. Loved seeing Polar Boy and Night Lass (even if they didn't have lines) I was very bummed when Polar Boy did not appear in the Subs episode.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.