Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Season Two Sneak Preview Pic! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Season Two Sneak Preview Pic!
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
So, the toys will be based on the first season, but several of the looks will be different on the show when they actually come out. Isn't that potentially confusing, especially to kids who didn't see the first season?

I understand the need for change and growth, but there have only been 13 episodes so far. I think there was still plenty to establish before going off in a new direction.

This is like OYL in the comics, and seeing as how that was a huge creative failure in the books I buy (or have stopped buying or got canceled because of said failure), in my opinion, I'm quite leery about it for the cartoon.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Goatee'd Garth is FAB-you-LUST!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Rebooted 'toon?!? Well at least they're keeping with Legion tradition...

Wait so are there gonna be 2 different Superman-boys? The one from the past and the clone one? Garth's new look is cool. Timberwolf's looks bleh.

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
So, the toys will be based on the first season, but several of the looks will be different on the show when they actually come out. Isn't that potentially confusing, especially to kids who didn't see the first season?

I understand the need for change and growth, but there have only been 13 episodes so far. I think there was still plenty to establish before going off in a new direction.

This is like OYL in the comics, and seeing as how that was a huge creative failure in the books I buy (or have stopped buying or got canceled because of said failure), in my opinion, I'm quite leery about it for the cartoon.

Actually, to me, it makes sense. This way they can keep releasing newer figures of the same characters. Its how you make money in the toy biz.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
ComicsContinuum had bigger promotion pic released today, nearly big enough for PC wallpaper.

Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't mind the show evolving, but do we really need that much of a change?

When it ain't broke, dont fix it.

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insaniac5
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insaniac5   Email Insaniac5         Edit/Delete Post     
I think they are trying for an older demographic, which is fine with me, but I HATE clones!
From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
The Superboy litigation may be another contributing factor. DC is dumping/changing everything having to do with SB these days.

It looks like LL's lightning scar is gone. Plastic surgery or evil twin?

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
It looks like LL's lightning scar is gone. Plastic surgery or evil twin?

I think that just might be an animation mistake.

Anyway, I've been on some other forums, and quite a lot of the reactions have been surprisingly positive. This doesn't mean I'm still not skeptical on what effect these changes will have on the series, though.

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
More Season Two related news from today's "Lying in the Gutters"
http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/?column=13

CONTAINING MULTITUDES
Alex Serra and J Torres will be the regular team on the Johnny DC "Legion" book from issue #10. As the cartoon has been revamped for the second season for an older audience, the comic will follow. It's the Legion anniversary next year, and there's quite a lot riding on Legion as a franchise.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
lol, the toon is already getting a reboot! lol, but it's ok it doesn't seem to be that different.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
So there are two Supermen? A clone? Kon-El anybody?

I wonder if this has anything to do with the regular DCU?!

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
The Superman in this image is probably the 41st century clone. It looks a lot like Kon-el.
Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
[LOL] You realize what this is going to do for the 10 year old fans of season 1, don't you?

They're just indoctrinating into the club each generation of LSH fandom comes to (though rarely this quick). Just imagine a veritable army of 6th graders saying,

"THOSE GUYS ARE NOT MY LEGION!!

I Demand TBTB Re-Un-Semi-Revert-Boot the toon."

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Gotta start those Legion factions up young. None of us are getting any younger and we need the next generations to carry on. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.