Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Season Two Sneak Preview Pic! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Season Two Sneak Preview Pic!
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Toon updates from SDCC 2007.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry, I know Scott posted this earlier...and I attempted to do this last night (my scanner hates to work when I'm in a hurry, I've noticed)...but here is the freebie card...

-

Click for fullsize image

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the updated image Gary!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
It'll be in certain mailboxes after the Con. [Smile] [Wink]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

[Big Grin]
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Whew! Michael Cornachhia returns as Bouncing Boy! They've saved the second season from utter disaster. [Bouncing Boy - Animated]

"Duo Damsel" means Ferro Lad's statue will have some company, but wouldn't it be great if it led to an animated Legion wedding on Mars?

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
Is the giant guy supposed to be Imperiex? Awesome!

And, uh, Timberwolf appears to be a greenish-blue. Yeah...just thought I should mention it.

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I talked to a former colleague who now runs a comic book site. He said he read the first three scripts for season two. He didn't spoil much for me (like that card does -- I didn't see that any of the times I've been at the DC booth), but he did say the first two episodes Click Here For A Spoilerare the Imperiex episodes and are pretty different in tone from the first season, but the third episode is more in step.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Interesting...

Spoilers ahead I guess. I just returned from the Legion/Batman panel (the Legion was first and I didn't stay through all of the Batman half of it).

From what we were told, the second season will be a "reboot" of sorts which [paraphrasing] "Legion fans have grown accustomed to and expect it nowadays."

Season Two is a year and a half to two years after Season One. Lots of changes happened between that time including new members such as Chameleon Boy.

Imperiex plays out throughout the entire Season. Karate Kid will be there and appears in the opening among the known Legionnaires (Tyroc, Shrinking Violet, etc.) After I left, I wish I would have looked harder for Colossal Boy or Cosmic Boy, cause I can't recall either now.

Dream Girl gets an episode, but the Subs will only be in cameos this Season. The guy who voices Chameleon Boy was unfamiliar with the character and had to check the Internet for references. He's going to be the goofy, comedy relief character and not the more serious character in the comics. The Fatal Five and the LSV return (in fact in the clip shown it looked like they were teaming up?).

Everyone's looks appear to be tweaked. Brainy has short cropped hair for instance. Star Boy has a greater role and Matter-Eater Lad will be there as well.

In one of the episodes, Yuri slipped out that he voices "three" different Supermen. James Tucker said that the new "future" Superman has aspects of Mon-El and Kon-El and was created during a war as a killing machine. The series will have the Legion teaching Superman how to be a hero and not how to use his powers instead of the other way around like it was in the First Season. Also, this new Superman has several new powers, one of which looked like some sort of energy discharging from his hands.

Hopefully, others will fill in any gaps of my memories.

[ July 28, 2007, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
From what we were told, the second season will be a "reboot" of sorts which [paraphrasing] "Legion fans have grown accustomed to and expect nowadays."

Sure, and we're also accustomed to root canal and expect hammer blows to the head. [No]

It doesn't sound like they're rebooting it so much as advancing the timeline, which may or may not be a bad thing.

I'm glad to hear that Chuck is returning, though.

[ July 27, 2007, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: He Who Wanders ]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't mind Cham as comedy relief, but I'm not liking the implications for Chuck.

I'm betting he resigned after Ferro Lad's death. Maybe we'll get to see an episode where he comes back?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
According to the cast list above, Chuck is coming back.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Oh! I should add that Tucker mentioned that the first season was sort of the Silver Age and the second season will be more in the vein of the Bronze Age. Including an appearance by Grimbor.

And Dawnstar! She's coming up too! Invisible Kid was mentioned as well. Yuri said he's appeared in every episode (the crowd laughed).

[ July 27, 2007, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... still worried about them revamping it when it was working so well, but I'm still optimistic about it!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Yeah. I usually avoid spoilers because they often sound worse than they really are.

--------------------

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.