Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Season Two Sneak Preview Pic! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Season Two Sneak Preview Pic!
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I rather have Chuck or Tenzil as the comedy relief. Cham I like more on the serious side.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Some of that news makes me more excited about this series than I was...

* A Dream Girl episode? Great!
* Star Boy and Matter-Eater Lad getting bigger roles? Coolio!
* Dawnstar, Invisible Kid, Karate Kid and Grimbor all coming up? Awesome! (I wonder if it'll be Lyle or Jacques though?)
* A haircut for Brainy? About time! (Now if only they can strip the robo away I'll be happy with his character.)
* Moving ahead in time rather than rebooting? I'm optimistic. (I would've liked to see another season of them at the age they were but this could be cool.)

I'm still not sold on Imperiex though. I wish somebody would've asked them why they went with that villain instead of one of the legions of suitable alternatives from within the Legion's own universe. Hopefully he'll be dispatched within the first few episodes and then they can move on to something else.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I interviewed one of the second season directors (brandon vietti) who couldn't say too much but I got some stuff that I'll have to go over and write a full article on. I don't have to read all the posts here right now (so these might be duplicates) but highlights:
- Grimbor and Dark Circle as villains
- More Starboy and Invisible Kid
- Karate Kid, Dawnstar, Matter-Eater lad
- A Dream Girl epsiode
- Chameleon as Eddie Haskel as a shapeshifter
- Cham jokes about being an agent to Clark
- 1-2 years have passed - Cham already joined the team during the gap
- New costumes for Starboy and Blok (at least in preview)
- Brainy looks older - has spikey hair.

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
I'm still not sold on Imperiex though. I wish somebody would've asked them why they went with that villain instead of one of the legions of suitable alternatives from within the Legion's own universe. Hopefully he'll be dispatched within the first few episodes and then they can move on to something else.

Actually, the panel's moderator did. James Tucker said right up front that Imperiex "sucked" in the comics. They wanted to use a galaxy-threatening villain who didn't have a lot of baggage (like Darkseid) so they could do pretty much anything they wanted with him, without fans getting upset.

The Legion's got a few of those, but oh, well. He is right about the baggage though.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the spoilers, guys!

There's a panel summary up at CBR. A few things that stood out:

quote:
Tucker said. "They're closer to 17-18ish now [in Season 2].
So, that makes them 15-16ish now? I figured they were younger than Clark (college grad) but, except for Brainy and Phantom Girl, not quite *that* young.

quote:
Chameleon Boy is joining the show as a regular character. "He's there because his dad kind of funds the Legion," Tucker admitted.
Dad. R.J. Brande. Assassination. Flashback. Hopefully.

quote:
As for dream LSH stories to adapt, Tucker would go for Earthwar or the Heroes of Lallor
How cool would animated Earthwar be?

quote:
The new season premieres September 25th on the Kids WB.
Mark your calendars.

Computo is also mentioned for Season 2, not a huge surprise. Poor Trip. [Duo Damsel]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
September 25th or 22nd? Cause they did say 25th the first time, but the clips and later in the panel(s) [Batman premieres the 22nd], they all say the 22nd.

Not to mention the fact that the 22nd is a Saturday.

And I think the switch to Duo might be something that happened in the 1-2 years off screen.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey guys! On the LOSH page on the Kids!WB site there are a few screenshots from the new season. Check it out!

http://kidswb.warnerbros.com/photos/legionofsuperheroes

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
The main theme of the costume changes seems to be "global warming" -- short sleeves for everybody!

I actually like Garth's new costume more seeing it here -- it keeps the tux-and-tails white parts. I can live with the other new looks.

I actually never read ANY of the Imperiex comic stuff, so he's completely new to me. I trust Tucker knows exactly what he's doing here.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

I'm interested in seeing what they use him for to see if the Legion actually has a character that would fit. And then complain that they didn't use him (or her) instead! [Razz]

[ August 02, 2007, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I found the meta keywords the WB used to be interesting.

quote:
Superman, Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, Brainiac 5, Phantom Girl, Bouncing Boy, Timber Wolf, Brin Londo, Ferro Lad, Cosmic Boy, Fatal Five, Emerald Empress, Mano, Persuader, Tharok, Validus, Dr. Mar Londo, Alexis Luthor, Drax, Legion of Super-Villains, Lightning Lord, Esper Lass, Hunter, Ron-Karr, Wave, Tyr, Starfinger, Sun-Eater, Sun Eater
Is Brin the only on that's been mentioned by name on the show? I can't remember. I found it really odd they'd use Brin but not Clark Kent.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Here are the images from the Flash file.

-

-
 -
 -

-

[ August 22, 2007, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Do you think they're bringing in this new 'clone from the future' Superboy so that they can phase out the old 'young Superman from Smallville' Superboy and so avoid any legal snafus with the Schuster (or was it Seigel?) estate?
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you for pointing out and posting the latest images! I really appreciate not having to do a lot of digging, myself.

(Sketch Lad stretches back, pops bon-bon in mouth....)

[Big Grin]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Here's my version of the backdrop from the Flash file. Note my use of the logo for season two instead of the season one logo they used.

-

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.