Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Season Two Sneak Preview Pic! (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Season Two Sneak Preview Pic!
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, season two certainly looks to be interesting. I just don't get Tucker, though. I'm glad he professes to be a fan, but then he says some weird stuff.

First, in San Diego, he says Legion fans are used to all these periodic reboots, so doing it in the cartoon was a natural -- like all the annoying reboots we all gripe about are a good thing.

And then he says this about the Superman clone (not real spoilery, but just in case): Click Here For A Spoiler“Actually, he’s more like Mon-El,” said Producer James Tucker. “I wanted a Mon-El character, but one without the complicated origin. So we got Kell-El. Kell-El is like Conan (if Conan had super powers), he was raised to fight, unlike our character,” said Tucker.

So you want a Mon-El character but introduce someone who's nothing like Mon-El. And as someone on the Newsarama thread said, "The original story came out in 1961! Nothing that DC published in 1961 was complicated...everything they did back then was written in a way that any 4 year-old could understand it."

And now real spoilery commentary:
Click Here For A SpoilerSo, Mordru, Dark Circle AND the supposedly mind-blowing villain Imperiex all in one 13-episode season. They really are taking it to darker places. It sounds very interesting.

Of course, Tucker should be saying it's the first named appearance of Mordru -- unless the scary looking guy in the fez on Sorcerer's World in the first season was a red herring. I think they could have a lot of fun with a new take on his first appearance, with the Legionnaires having to go back to the past and attend college (I guess) with Superbo--MAN.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Interview with Lowenthal over at Comics Continuum today, and he says something interesting an upcoming episode:

Click Here For A SpoilerLowenthal noted that in one episode, he actually voices three versions of Superman.

Here's the direct link to the article.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry, Craig. But, that's old news.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
The article does little more than say the Legion is returning, but Animation Insider does have a new image -- a different shot from the same episode as previously released on the Kids WB site (and captured by Scott earlier in this thread).

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I know the clone Superman is a far cry from Mon-el, but hearing him described as such actually does make him more interesting to me. While wildly different in origin, I can see a few parallels, if only that they're outsiders due to being from a different era (here the future instead of the past), they have powers very similar to Superman, and while he wasn't raised as a warrior, Mon-el has had a couple of very notable "bezerker moments". They've also got the "Superman's brother" dynamic, but for different reasons.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Sorry, Craig. But, that's old news.

Must have missed it the first time, thanks Gary!

--------------------
Craig C.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
I have to say that I'm not really digging the Future Superman thing ...
Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, guys! There are a couple of new promos for the new season on the Kids!WB website(you have to scroll down a bit).

http://kidswb.com/kids/video?vid=fall2007

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
There's another new one not at that site as well...

"This Fall"

Those other videos are hosted here as well (in a soon to be revamped clips section).

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

After watching all those promos I have to say, I feel like I'm being forcefed this "all-new Man of Steel"... will it be worth the hype?

--------------------
Craig C.

Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Seems we have the youngest generation of Legion fans to blame for the Clone of Steel and other Season 2 changes. The reason behind the revamps of both The Batman and LSH toons are summarized here (scroll down to "The Batman"):
http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=11759

"After that season, though, the network focus-grouped 'The Batman' (and 'Legion of Super Heroes') and found out that what our very young male audience wanted was more fights, jokes and costumes and fewer female characters."

To many boys age 8-11, badass=cool.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lurker Lass:
Comics Continuum has some new pictures up, but most notably...

Click for fullsize image

Oh... dear...

Heh! I love it!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
And you thought he had trouble digesting the Miracle Machine... [Eek!]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:

"After that season, though, the network focus-grouped 'The Batman' (and 'Legion of Super Heroes') and found out that what our very young male audience wanted ... fewer female characters."

Is that anyway to write a story?

Society took a u-turn somewhere. Damn GPS never works.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Received a press update and eight new screen shots today. And unlike those "other" websites who get the same news, I don't shrink the hell out of my pictures. You guys deserve the full Monty.

quote:
"Legion of Super Heroes" premieres September 22 at 11:00 a.m. ET/PT as part of the Kids' WB! Lineup on The CW Network with a two-part episode entitled "The Man From the Edge of Tomorrow" (the finale airs Sept. 29). In the episode, we learn that in the 41st century, the universe will be terrorized by a warrior named Imperiex. The only person standing in the way of his plans for domination is a clone of the original Superman. But unable to defeat Imperiex and his vast army alone, the clone travels to the 31st century to recruit history's greatest super hero team, the Legion, to help fight this threat.

LEGION OF SUPER HEROES: 2007-2008

You add more S of everything. You go big S and then go bigger. You take "super" and double it.

Start with a second Superman, add an incomprehensibly undefeatable nemesis, then toss in endearing new cast members in over-the-top adventures and you have the recipe for the highly-anticipated second season of Legion of Super Heroes.

The new campaign of LOSH finds the group fulfilling their collective destiny, each member elevating his skills to new levels S just in time to face even greater challenges. In an ironic turn of déjà vu, Future Superman (a clone who goes by the name "Kell-El") arrives to recruit the Legion to travel to the 41st century to help defeat Imperiex, a destroyer of galaxies from the rich annals of DC Comics. But Imperiex turns the tables on the gang, traveling back to the 31st century to crush the Legion's headquarters and free all of the LOSH¹s deadliest enemies, thus creating an army of super villains.

While occasionally criss-crossing centuries, the focal point of LOSH Season 2 is on the two Supermans and their attempts to end the reign of terror brought on by Imperiex. As opposed to his formative days during the first season, Superman has returned from the 21st century far better developed with greater physical prowess and utilization of his powers. Kell-El is actually a clone of Superman, however Kell-El has been created using Superman's DNA along with alien DNA ­ thus forming a new Superman with exciting new powers ­ and a different form of weakness.

Along the way, the LOSH provides the perfect complement of heroics and comedy to the efforts of the Supermans. The Legion members' journey include the discovery of old and lost relatives ­ with imperiled results. The LOSH even expands (and sometimes contracts) during the new season, most notably with the addition of an intriguing new Legion member, Chameleon Boy.

Renowned voice actor Yuri Lowenthal draws double duty in LOSH Season 2 as the voice of both Classic and Future Superman. His villainous foil, Imperiex, is blessed with the vocal stylings of sci-fi veteran Phil Morris, most recently seen as Martian Manhunter on "Smallville." An admitted comic book fanatic, Morris' credits range from a notable turn on "Seinfeld" and frequent guest roles across primetime television ("CSI: Miami," "NCIS," "Will & Grace," "JAG") to constant voice work in feature film and television animation. Alex Polinsky ("Charles in Charge") continues to expand his career into animation voiceovers as the newest member of LOSH, Chameleon Boy.

Two Supermans. One incredible villain. All new adventures for a popular band of heroes. The "best" is getting better.

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.