Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The Man From the Edge of Tomorrow, Part 2 ... Spoilers and Images (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Man From the Edge of Tomorrow, Part 2 ... Spoilers and Images
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
A new episode, a new thread. Here is the synopsis and preview images I received from the WB for the conclusion to the two part season premier.

"Legion of Super Heroes" concludes its two-part season premiere, entitled "The Man From The Edge Of Tomorrow," on September 29 at 11:00 a.m. ET/PT as part of the Kids' WB! Lineup on The CW Network. In the episode, the Legion has returned from the 41st century with Kell-El, a genetically-enhanced Superman clone. But Imperiex, the destroyer of galaxies, has reached the 31st century first -- and unleashed all of the Legion's greatest enemies. To restore order and combat this near-invincible foe, the Legion will once again turn to the past for help in the form of an older, more mature Superman with far greater grasp of his powers.

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Sounds really exciting! Nice to see Bouncing Boy and PG.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dairaioh
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dairaioh   Email Dairaioh         Edit/Delete Post     
PG looks cuter thatn she did last season.

--------------------
Jin Rai!!!

From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Are all those images from the second part? Cuz Lu looks like she's got three parts of herself ...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That's what the press guy said.

And here are final four before the episode airs on Saturday.

Click for fullsize image
Click for fullsize image
Click for fullsize image
Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Picture #3 above is now my wallpaper! Looking forward to a few hours from now, to watch the show!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
This was a phenomenal episode -- possibly the best episode yet, though it has a lot of competition. The Chuck/Lu scenes were very sweet. And I applauded my ass off when Superman-X showed up to save the day.

I just wish we'd seen more of Blok or the other Legionnaires imprisoned on Takron-Galtos. And where was Ultra Boy?

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
SPOILER ALERT!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I particularly liked what happened to Matter Eater Lad after he ate the Emerald Eye. A reference to his eating the Miracle Machine back in the day.

Oh, and who caught the reference to Chameleon Boy's "rich father?"

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
ANOTHER SPOILERS ALERT....

loved the 2nd episode....and saw a new look on Shrinking violet's costume - like that design. cool one. Yeah I wonder where is Ultra Boy?

Poor Saturn Girl - got KOed by Esper Lass. Cham - *snickers* he gets ignored and not appreciated so went on fighting Ronn-Karr (somehow I kept thinking that it should be Beast Boy who should be there instead of Ronn Karr...hmmm).

Trip now Duo will get a karate lesson soon from a certain best combat fighter in DC Universe.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Swell episode!

Some big Legion guns down for the count, HQ in ruins, Computo sabotaged and the Legion cruiser blown to smithereens -- now, that's what I call upping the ante! I bet the new ship will serve as a mobile HQ as well as a transport.

I'm glad they didn't resolve the Duo Damsel situation and wrap everything up in a neat, little package. The Supermen didn't hog all the screen time, either, leaving room for some good character moments for Duo, Bouncie, Lightning Lad and Phantom Girl, as well as Esper and the Empress. Cham is still an irritant but at least he gave Ron-Karr a run for his money.

I hope taking Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy and Colossal Boy out of the game for a while means we'll get to spend more time with some of the lesser seen Legionnaires. Tenzil shouldn't have to leave so soon, though. A little insanity never hurt anybody.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, seriously, why isn't anyone talking about this episode? This was probably the best episode so far. Everything from the fight scenes, explosions, and character interactions was...dare I say it...SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME! These would have to be some of the best moments...

Matter-Eater Lad eating Emerald Empress's eye

The legionnares at the hospital. I like how this show makes it clear that just because these people have superpowers doesn't mean they are invincible(Or at least that's how I see it)

The Legion: Superman!
Kell-El: What!?!

Superman's reunion with the Legion. Awww.
BB/Duo Damsel moments. Double awwwww.

Brainy:This is going to hurt. *SHIP EXPLODES*

And of course... THE BATMAN REFERENCE!

There are a just a few concerns...

They should cut it out with the "NOOO"'s, it gets kind of annoying after the first few times.

Not really caring about Chameleon Boy for the moment, but hopefully that will change over the course of the season.

I also hope Saturn Girl wakes up within the next couple of episodes, because if they plan on keeping her in a coma through the whole season, that would really suck. And there's also the issue with the destroyed HQ, a nearly burned down Metropolis, all that stuff.

Next week: A TIMBERWOLF EPISODE!

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I did like this episode much better than the first part.

Although, I was thinking while watching "Why isn't someone, say Duo Damsel, trying to free the others in the cells?"

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
Was that really Ron-Karr? I thought it was Chameleon Chief.

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I love how this season is one continual storyline.

Wow, the characterization is great! LL brooding over felled SG. I look forward to her awakening and having them express their undying love.

Alright, big ol' softy moment... my eyes watered when Duo Damsel stood in front of the mirror, attempting to simulate having a third. Thank you Chuck for offering to be their "third."

Can't wait til Dreamy is more than just a pretty face (and hair) in the background.

Hmmm.... the ad for next week's "Cry Wolf" episode reminds me of the Kolins cover for this month's S&LSH comic.

Looking forward to more!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Tim Drake:
Was that really Ron-Karr? I thought it was Chameleon Chief.

Me, too. From what I recall, Ron Karr can only flatten himself, not change into all different shapes.

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.