Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Cry Wolf ... Spoilers and Images (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Cry Wolf ... Spoilers and Images
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Here is the synopsis and some preview images from episode three, Cry Wolf.

After being convicted for a deadly attack on his father, Timber Wolf must escape Legion custody and track down the real assassin, while being both hunted and aided by various teammates. It¹s up to Chameleon Boy and Phantom Girl to help Timber Wolf clear his name and discover the truth.

Click for fullsize image
Click for fullsize image
Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Three more images along with descriptions, provided by the WB.

Click for fullsize image
Phantom Girl is questioned by a quartet of Legionnaires searching for Timber Wolf. From left to right: Sun Boy, Cosmic Boy, Colossal Boy and Kell-El

Click for fullsize image
Phantom Girl tries to console Timber Wolf.

Click for fullsize image
In attempting to clear himself of his father's murder, Timber Wolf uses a bit of intimidation in his questioning of Professor Neerg.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
The Legion according to Dashiell Hammett, complete with noir-B movie atmosphere, voice-over narration, plot twist behind plot twist, and Peter Lorre (Prof. Neerg).

I was afraid it was going to be a predictable replay of the Karth Arn story, but it wasn't. It was fantastic!!

I approve of the possible romance brewing between Phantom Girl and Timber Wolf. And for the first time since his debut, Cham proved he's worthy of being a core Legionnaire. Kell-El filled classic Superman's role more than adequately and showed he's a true friend. I like him.

If there'd been more Sun Boy moments, it would have been perfect.

Henceforth, Cosmic Boy will be known as Mr. Pompous. I guess they're not allowed to use the phrase "anal-retentive" on kids TV. [LOL]

[ October 06, 2007, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: Tromium ]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I worked late last night and so might have been groggy during the first scenes-- did the LSH really try and sentence Timber Wolf to Takron-Galtos?

Pretty big shift from the team having to still gain the UP's trust, as the characters themselves stated last season, to absolute judicial power. Disturbing, to me, at least.

Ugh- I disliked Cosmic Boy and his silent posse this episode. Pompous doesn't begin to cover it. Tell the writers to ignore the current Cos, please-- draw inspiration from the guy who helmed the reboot team, or had that memorable meal with Mordru.

I was hoping for more Sun Boy, too.

Phantom Girl and Cham were great-- a glimpse of Espionage Squads to come?

There were echoes of a couple of classic LSH tales besides T-Wolf's origin-- the 'love-at-first-lam romance between Ultra Boy and Tinya (not to mention Duplicate Boy/Shrinking Violet, Brin/Ayla and Invisible Kid/Element Lad [Smile] ) and the Star Boy expulsion issue.

I'm intrigued by the ongoing plots of Brin's father... who are his allies?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
I'm intrigued by the ongoing plots of Brin's father... who are his allies?

My guess: Imperiex, the Dominators (Brainy, Lighting Lad, etc. were off fighting them) and Mekt Ranzz.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I noticed those links to previous LSH tales too, and would include Cham's role as supportive detective pal from Starlin's memorable Ultra Boy spotlight issue.

Can I get a hoo-HA for Colossal Boy? He looked GREAT! The lack of dialogue for him and Dirk was borderline criminal, though.

I'm really disliking the apparent boy-heaviness this season. I demand more Legion chicks kicking ass, STAT-- I don't care WHAT the little bratlings want. They need to man up and start liking girls already.

Cos was typical jackass Cos, circa S/LSH 212 and 215 and the current 3Boot.

This was the first S2 ep I've caught... I didn't realize Super-Mon (the nickname I've given this apparent Mon-El stand-in Superfellow) was going to replace real-Supes. Hmmm.

Overall, I liked it with the exception of the LSH as judge/jury/executioner. That left a bad taste in my soul.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked the whole episode, esp. the intro of Chameleon Boy as leader of the Espionage Squad, even if they never used that term.

And I don't know about that the term "anal-retentive" can't be used in a kid's cartoon. The term comes from early childhood to begin with. I just think Cham would be unfamiliar with or uncomfortable using a term that references human anatomy.

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked the homage to the hero on the lam and the Star Boy expulsion. In this case, Cos took on the Brainiac 5 hard nosed role.

Over-all good, but I could have done without the "can I control the beast in me" angle. We saw that in TW's origin.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I didn't realize Super-Mon (the nickname I've given this apparent Mon-El stand-in Superfellow) was going to replace real-Supes. Hmmm.

Based on what I read, the two Supermen will share screen time throughout the season. Some episodes will feature Supes classic, some Supes X, and some will have both.
Lurker Lass
Current status: borderline narcoleptic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurker Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Lurker Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
As to the folk that were missing from this episode, the mention of them fighting the Dominators and Imperiex looks in line with what was shown in the preview for 'Chained Lightning' - which would mean these two episodes happen roughly at the same time. For some reason, this totally charms me. (Also, did I just see Lightning Lad in the preview with a mechanical arm? I didn't think they'd actually do that on a kid's show.)

The ep did do a good job with echoing last the last season, even if it was a bit predictable. Cham was pretty great addition to the story, so any doubts I might've had about the development of his character in the premiere are eased. Take THAT, Beast Boy. Also liked that Mr. 'Get the job done' was the one to break from procedure.

Just needs more girl power.

--------------------
{This has been a Lurker Lass sighting}

From: Somewhere in the Multi-verse | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
can't wait to see Mekt vs Garth clash next week - but I wonder if Ayla will appear or not....

back to topic: love the episode...a little easy on prediction - I did predicted correctly that Lars is still alive but did not predict that he would (obviously) be allied with Imperiex...more threats to Legion.

Chime me in as the one who wish to hear the dialogue (even one word) from Colossal Boy and Sun Boy....they're not Cos's guards or soldiers or whatever taht is. Karate Kid must have taught Timber Wolf how to wrestle with Colossal Boy's hand *heh* (but I noticed that poor Gim has been tossed so often lately!)

Phantom Girl's power seems to be more amped up than before...she phased the floor to make Wolf/Cham escape, then can phase and carry Wolf and Cham through the wall.

Tyroc has made many appearances on cartoon MORE than in comics, correct?

Why Lightning Lad, B-5, and Bouncing Boy to Dominators? only three legionnaires against Dominators? that's like a suicide mission! Hmmm. Cos should have thought of sending additional members such as Vi, Dream Girl, Karate Kid, etc to accompany them, it would make sense.

okay enough of me rambling... [Smile]

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dairaioh
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dairaioh   Email Dairaioh         Edit/Delete Post     
Good episode. Very dark and good pacing. Great story and got alot done with out rushing things. My only gripe is a superficial one. It kind of bugs me that Timber wolf was able to hurt Kell-el. If Kell has Superman's invulnerabilty then there should have been any damage on Kell's part. In fact i feel that Timber Wolf should have lost a finger or four.

--------------------
Jin Rai!!!

From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
Ok episode, I'll start with the dislikes...

One: Don't feel this fits in well with eps 1 and 2. Like why is Kal-L (or whatever) at Legion HQ and not on the frontlines? seems like his character underwent a big shift there. I feel like this episode should have been later in the season, so as to preserve some of the things they set up with the first two eps.

Two: Kal-L as the voice of reason. This goes with point number one, the guy was not this far along emotionally at the end of episode 2, yet here he is, even with his brief lines, showing that a) he cares about the Legion rules ("but the evidence shows") and b) he already considers certain members friends (he had some line expressing this, I think to Cosmic Boy)

Three: Cosmic Boy as "Mr. Pompous" or 3boot jerk. I liked CB1 in his first appearance, when he joked with the team abit but was still a leader. Now he comes across very poorly and I'm sick of seeing Cos portrayed this way, hopefully his next apparence will redeem him

Four: the T-Wolf complex, the beast within thing was done before and it felt a little over the top, especially at the end. All I hope is that they won't mess with it for the rest of the season, don't want it to be an annoying subplot

So four points that bugged me, the biggest one really being Cosmic Boy's portrayal. I also wish we had more speaking lines from Colossal Boy and Sun Boy, but I suppose we should be happy that we get some nice action shots and that they do show other Legionnaires doing things, with a cast this big it has to be a pain to branch out at all.

I did like Phantom Girl A LOT in this episode. I really like how in this one and in the first two you see her in a more mature light than from season one, I like the fact that she is getting more serious face time. Liked the fact that Cham was involved, hope for some Espionage goodness. Kinda weird that he stuck by the Legion camradiere when older members didn't, but at the same time I like the fact that even new members can stand up for the Legion ideal, and its not just the old timers showing them how its done.

The ep was ok, I find these film-noir ones to be a bit overdramatic and heavy handed, not my fave eps. However, this one showed some nice stuff, my fave scene being T-Wolf's reaction to watching his father 'die.' felt that was a well done scene.

All in all I wish Cos wasn't such a jerk, and that Kal-L wasn't in it at all since his role felt forced, but other than that some nice development occured and an entertaining ep.

Can't wait for next week though, that looks awesome.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lurker Lass:
(Also, did I just see Lightning Lad in the preview with a mechanical arm? I didn't think they'd actually do that on a kid's show.)

I think I saw that, too! I wonder if in this 'verse, Mekt is going to be the cause of Garth's loss...

quote:
Cham was pretty great addition to the story, so any doubts I might've had about the development of his character in the premiere are eased.
Yeah, I kinda hated his childish whackiness from last eps, so this was a refreshing change. Yay for NOT-Beast-Boy!

quote:
Also liked that Mr. 'Get the job done' was the one to break from procedure.
Coming from his situation, I'm surprised that Superclone didn't look supremely bored at the whole notion of a 'code vs killing,' given his bred-for-killing nature. If anything, he'd be more offended that Timber Wolf *broke a rule* than murdered someone. Military protocol and all that rubbish.

quote:
Just needs more girl power.

Definitely. They ramped up Phantom Girl a tad, which was welcome, but with Saturn Girl down for the count, the team is seriously lacking.

The new 'grown-up' team looks way too muscular. Timber Wolf on trial looked freakish, with bulgy chest, tiny waist, bulgy thighs, tiny knees, bulgy calves and tiny ankles. Cartoony is one thing, but the male Legionnaires look like balloon animals!

Still, for all my nitpicking, it was a cool ep, and I was flashing back the whole time to Ultra Boy being framed for the murder of An Ryd and having to hide from the Legion while establishing his innocence.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wamu2
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wamu2           Edit/Delete Post     
oh yeah, this is what I want in an animated comic book show.

as Tromium mentioned , I liked the hard-boiled narration and film noir elements, complete with rain, seedy apartment and even seedier bar.

daddy dearest Londo will be a good recurring villian.

From: chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.