Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Cry Wolf ... Spoilers and Images (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Cry Wolf ... Spoilers and Images
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
If I read the credits at the beginning correctly this episode was written by J.M.DeMattis

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
I liked the homage to the hero on the lam and the Star Boy expulsion. In this case, Cos took on the Brainiac 5 hard nosed role.

Over-all good, but I could have done without the "can I control the beast in me" angle. We saw that in TW's origin.

And we will probably see it again before too long. I see it as a recurring character bit for Brin, just as it often is for Wolverine in the X-Men.

[Hmmm?]

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
First of all, you read the credits correctly, Lone Wolf Legionnaire.
And second, I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I can't help but wonder why no one else found this episode KICK ASS!?! I'm guessing it's because I'm a total Timber Wolf fan girl who thinks everything with him in it is awesome, so I'm just going to shut up and do my usual list of the good things and bad things about the episode...

Timber Wolf was kick ass, as usual. I'm glad we got a taste of how his heightened senses work, and how he was fearing/embracing his animal side. I especially liked the monologue! "People have always underestimated me, and they've always been wrong."

Cham also impressed me by showing some intelligence and coming to Timber Wolf's defense.

And let's not forget the TW/PG interaction, especially when she called him on being self-pitying, it reminded me of the part in Phantoms when TW called PG on being such a "princess." Now I'm starting to think the shippers might be on to something, because to me they have kind of a Princess Leia/Han Solo type of thing going on, but I guess we'll see.

And bonus points for the return of Dr. Londo(even if he did sound weird)! But one has to wonder...if Dr. Londo just wanted Brin on Rhaal, then why didn't he just use those nano-bot things to mind control him to take a cruiser there in the first place? You know, instead of setting a up a fake murder? But what fun would that be, right?

I agree with the people who said Cosmic Boy was a douche in this episode(Mr. Pompous, ha!). And it's too bad Saturn Girl wasn't mentioned since she was the one who calmed Timber Wolf down the first time around.

Lastly, I just have to say that hopefully Timber Wolf won't suffer from something I call "Cyborg Syndrom," which is basically where most of the character's episodes are just based around one aspect of said character. If anyone's ever watched Teen Titans, then you would probably agree that most of his episodes were based on the fact that he's half robot(complaining about the limitations of being half robot/wishing he was human again, etc.). What I'm trying to say is that if Timber Wolf gets more episodes centered around him(which he most likely will)that other aspects of his character are explored and not just the man/beast angle, because towards the end of this episode, it did feel like it was similar to the end of "Timber Wolf."

Whew! There, I'm done. Now I really need some ice cream.

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked the episode well enough, but didn't really think it fit in with the premise of the season, though. I mean, most of the Legionnaires were sitting around the cruiser (not liking the cruiser being Legion HQ, but that's kinda what they did last season, too), while a small handful were off fighting the Big Bad? Seemed a little off, to me.

Oh well.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Clips are up.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe it's because I'm such a big Tinya fan, but I thought this was one of the best portrayals of the character I've ever seen. Her combination of fragility and irresistible determination has never been clearer.

If the producers are setting up a romance between Tinya and Brin, this might work even better than the standard Tinya/Jo pairing. Tinya and Jo's romance has often been written as a pairing of a pampered princess and an uncouth, streetwise thug. Brin actually fills the latter role better than Jo does.

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, some of you guys have great eyes! I never would've seen LL's robot arm in a zillion years unless you pointed it out.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker Lass
Current status: borderline narcoleptic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurker Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Lurker Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
On SupeX being the surprising voice of reason: I don't think it would be that out of character for him to reject procedure and, as it were, 'take care of one of their own.' (This is, of course, at the expense Cos's likeability.) I am assuming, however, that some time has passed between episode 2 and 3 - long enough for SupeX to feel some sort of affliation with the Legion.

I do wonder why he's not first in line to tackle Imperiex, though.

Also, Tinya is like a one-woman help group for angsty teenage boys. First Lightning Lad, now Timber Wolf...

--------------------
{This has been a Lurker Lass sighting}

From: Somewhere in the Multi-verse | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Add me to the list of those who felt like this story was a lot like Jo's stories in the comics. I like it all updated with Brin and his loss of control of his animal side. I'm very pleased.

I like that Cos played the "by the book" type. He tends to do that in this series.

I had no problem with Sun Boy and Colossal Boy having no lines. It's gonna happen with Legionnaires.

I was pleased to see Dreamy at the trial!

I liked Tinya's and Cham's roles. Would Cos throw an "obstruction of justice" book at them if it hadn't all worked out?

I miss the other girls, too.

As always, I'm just thrilled that this series is happening at all!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reckless
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reckless   Email reckless         Edit/Delete Post     
I also loved this episode, but then, again, I am an unabashed T-Wolf fan. The legionnaire on the lam is a tried-and-true story, but those issues have been among my favorite. This one rivaled the Ultra Boy story as my favorite.

I will admit that I could have done without the voiceover. Yes, it was very film noirish, but I just found the lines very clunky. I did like the twists and the atmosphere (the darkness, the rain, and the seedy bar).

As for the "beast within" story, I'm happy they brought it back. Continuity is a good thing. It seemed to disappear last year, which was odd given how he jumped between man and beast forms in "Timber Wolf." Now it looks like we will see Brin changing form, though with some control. I don't want the man/beast battle to be the only aspect of Brin the show focuses on, but it gives the character a lot of depth. The only aspect of this part of the story that I disliked were the last lines. They were almost exactly like the ending of "Timber Wolf," just with Phantom Girl telling Brin that he was not alone this time.

As for Sun Boy and Colossal Boy not having lines, that was almost certainly an economic decision. Giving them lines means hiring actors to do the voiceover and paying royalties.

My only other gripe is that I'm confused about who is leading the Legion right now. Some time has passed since last season, when Bouncing Boy was elected leader, so I guess he must not be leader now. But who is? Cosmic Boy was conducting the trial, so does that mean he is the leader? That seems odd because he did not take seem to take a leadership role in the Imperiex episodes. I thought the leader might be Lightning Lad, but if he were, I would have expected Brin's trial to wait until he could oversee it. Am I right to be confused or was there something said during the first two episodes that I missed.

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Bouncing Boy is leading the mission against Imperiex with the other missing Legionnaires.

And Cosmic Boy's often played the role of leader-behind-the-leader.

This does bring up the question of the existence of deputy leader as a position. If the leader's on an important mission, wouldn't the deputy leader (if there is one) fill in?

Hmmm-- who else was 'on the bench'? Cos, Gim, Sun Boy, Dreamy, Tinya and Cham. Anyone else?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reckless
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reckless   Email reckless         Edit/Delete Post     
I remember seeing Star Boy, Tyroc, Blok, and Kel-el.

It wasn't clear to me if Cham was voting on the jury or if he was acting as defense lawyer only.

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
The first two episodes left me with the impression Brainy is leader. He displayed a lot of initiative and was the one who dealt with Superman X the most. Both Supermen, in fact.

As a founder and the first leader, Cos may very well have the power to hold a trial and deploy the Legion as a posse comitatus in the absence of the elected leader. I don't think he's top dog, though. Been there, done that.

We musn't rule out the possibility it's Saturn Girl, presently on vacation in La La Land.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dairaioh
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dairaioh   Email Dairaioh         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't want to take part in the Cos hate, but he could have been a little more nicer and tactful when he apologized to timber wolf.

--------------------
Jin Rai!!!

From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
This ep was so good, it brought tears to my eyes!
I think Kell would've caught Wolf if he really wanted to,but was holding back to give him a chance. Cos was a jerk, but needed to be to make the story work. Dirk & Gim looked faboo, while Cham & Tinya rocked!

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.