Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Cry Wolf ... Spoilers and Images (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Cry Wolf ... Spoilers and Images
lm8
In Stasis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lm8   Author's Homepage   Email lm8         Edit/Delete Post     
I found this episode a bit jarring. It felt like they did a better job of indicating there was a time difference between last season and this one than they did between last episode and this one. Agreed with many of the other comments about some of the time differential and character changes/development. Feels like we missed out on something. As to Superman X not being off fighting Imperiux, I thought about the situation and he doesn't know where Imperiux is. So, why wouldn't he be off in the cruiser with recently recovered Legion members (superior numbers) looking for Imperiux? In the 1st episode this season, Brainiac 5 was practicing against the Dominators. They may have taken a small group to deal with that threat, not realizing that Imperiux had formed an alliance with them. Guess we'll see where this leads next week, but hopefully eventually to a reunion of the two groups so they can combine forces.

It did feel like Superman X was more familiar with Timber Wolf than just the two battles they'd recently fought as he seemed to keep trying to help him escape or, at least, not put much of his efforts into stopping him. However, maybe Timber Wolf just managed to make a good impression on him from that.

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Longevity Lad
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Longevity Lad   Email Longevity Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
About the two-year-gap from last season...
We know the roster expanded, but did anyone leave? get injured? do something incredibly good or bad?
Is Bouncy still leader? I suppose terms could be any length the producer wants them to be, but it sure looked as though it was Cos in charge again (intoduces Ferro to the group as leader and takes the lead in expelling a member which is what you would expect from the bossman).

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I too felt they were subtituting Brin for Jo, particularly in the Murder Most Foul issue, where only Cham and Tinya believed in Jo. So comparing the two, I felt this episode really lacked a bit.

I don't know why Brin still had on a Legion flight ring if he was on trial for murder, and why would the Legion be the one putting him on trial instead of, oh I don't know, the 31st century justice system? Cosmic Boy isn't a judge, and there he is, sentencing Brin to Takron Galtos. Back in the day, the Legion could only expel members for commiting murder (a la Star Boy). You know, kick them to the curb without a flight ring so the can't get back into the clubhouse...

And I agree about the silence factor. Maybe if you have an episode with Colossal Boy and Sun Boy, let them speak a bit, instead of functioning like emotionless robots. Wierd! It takes away from the fact that they were using other Legionnaires besides the core team, if most of them don't speak throughout the episode!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.