Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » 2.4 Chained Lightning - Spoilers & Images (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: 2.4 Chained Lightning - Spoilers & Images
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Here is the synopsis and preview images for this coming Saturday's episode, "Chained Lightning".

Learn the backstory of Lightning Lad ­ and meet his electrifying family ­ in an all-new episode of "Legion of Super Heroes" this Saturday. In the episode, entitled "Chained Lightning," Lightning Lad discovers that his sister, Ayla, long thought to be lost in the same Lightning Beast attack that gave him and his brother, Mekt, their powers, is really alive. However, Ayla is now in the form of pure electromagnetic energy. Lightning Lad must find a way to save Alya before Imperiex can harness this energy for his own diabolical use. Lightning Lad is voiced by Andy Milder ("Weeds"), while James Arnold Taylor ("The Boondocks," "Star Wars: Clone Wars") and Kari Wahlgren ("Ben 10") voice Mekt and Ayla, respectively. Directed by Brandon Vietti and written by Matt Wayne, "Chained Lightning" airs Saturday, October 13 at 11:00 a.m. ET/PT as part of the Kids' WB! Lineup on The CW Network.

SPOILER ALERT: Due to some surprise elements within the episode, additional images will be distributed on Monday morning.

Click for fullsize image
Lightning Lad sustains traumatic injuries in battle and Brainiac 5 must help him through with surgery -- utilizing the unique assistance of Shrinking Violet.

Click for fullsize image
Moments before their lives changed forever, Lightning Lad (left) fears the worst alongside his sister Ayla and brother Mekt.

Click for fullsize image
Imperiex issues an ultimatum to Lightning Lad's brother, Mekt.

Click for fullsize image
Bouncing Boy and Brainiac 5 work in tandem at the controls.

[ October 11, 2007, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice photos! I can't wait to see Salu in a speaking (hopefully) part.
Ayla is "pure electromagnetic energy"? ERGayla? I hope not! [Razz]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone else think Vi'll be making a 'fantastic voyage'-- complete with extreme close-up of her entry through Garth's nostril?
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker Lass
Current status: borderline narcoleptic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurker Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Lurker Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh man, I love B5's Brainiac-symbol visors in the first image there. Also, him + lad assistant Vi = threeboot cuteness. Although personally I can't see any reason why she'd have to go inside Lightning Lad - I am seeing more of a nano-technology expert role for her? (And she did have a speaking role last season, I think. Like, two lines before shrinking away in the season finale.)

Also: ERG-Ayla? O_o Well, that's something we haven't seen before - and a convenient excuse for her to be away! Unless it's like the totally awesome living pink lightning form...?

Now I'll be rolling around on the floor, gurgling Mekt's name until Saturday morning, kthnxbai.

--------------------
{This has been a Lurker Lass sighting}

From: Somewhere in the Multi-verse | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
She had a speaking part? I don't remember this. I have to watch the finale again.

A living pink lightning form would be really nice. And different. And exotic. And nice. [Big Grin]

I just know I'll love this episode!

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I love the image of the Ranzz siblings on Korbal!I wish I could buy the original cell & give it to Scott as a present.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Awww, Ayla has a stuffed monkey. Sooo cute.

Interesting twist on the "death" angle. I just hope she doesn't wind up in Element Lad's body.

"Surprise elements", indeed. [Razz]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serenity Doxien
Mimain

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serenity Doxien   Author's Homepage   Email Serenity Doxien         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't wait to see this new episode on saturday. it looks like an awsome episode. Brainy's my favorite character.

--------------------
~Serenity~

From: On Mimas (main palace) near Saturn. | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The press release above had the wrong date (it listed last Saturday, 10/6) so the press office sent out an apology with the corrected date and a new image.

Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
WOO-HOO! AYLA!

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Writer Matt Wayne talks about "Chained Lightning" at Comics Continuum.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0710/12/index.htm

"Chained Lightning," this Saturday's new episode of Legion of Super Heroes on Kids' WB!, figures to be one of the more character-driven episodes of Season 2.

The episode was written by Matt Wayne, who also wrote two of Season 1's episodes.

"We've got an all-new take on the Ranzz siblings in this episode, one that shakes up Lightning Lad and deepens his mythos," Wayne said. "Longtime fans will either cheer or call for our heads."

Kids' WB! has released a new image from "Chained Lightning," which will also include the most prominent appearance by Shrinking Violet (voiced by Kari Wahlgren) to date. "

hmmmm. This makes me kind of nervous.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
What Was Wrong With the Reboot? Lad
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for What Was Wrong With the Reboot? Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
if Garth loses his arm + Mekt is a butthead + Imra's in a coma + SuperXman is mean + we're probably going to call for their heads + "grim and gritty" season 2 PROBABLY = ANGST!

[X-Bomb Betty]

--------------------
everything i like rules. everything you like is terrible.

From: USA #1 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dairaioh
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dairaioh   Email Dairaioh         Edit/Delete Post     
I hope that the bionic arm isn't permanent. Lightning Lad don't deserve that. If WWWWtRL's formula is right then maybe he'll take up the name Livewire.

--------------------
Jin Rai!!!

From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Damn, but goatee'ed garth is hot.

I'm up and anxiously awaiting 11:00!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaseous Lad
Harbinger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaseous Lad   Email Gaseous Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Best. Episode. Evah.

A lot of nice homages throughout, especially at the end (no spoilers here!).

Vi is cute, but she sounds like she smokes a couple packs a day. The snort is cute, too, but it got old after about the third time. [Smile]

From: Maryland | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.