Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » 2.4 Chained Lightning - Spoilers & Images (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: 2.4 Chained Lightning - Spoilers & Images
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Soooo sweet. I almost cried at the end.

Ayla's alive, Garth is happy with his cyber-arm and Mekt is a hero. A wonderful, uplifting episode.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The animated Vi is certainly informed by Atom Girl, isn't she? She's got the- er- enthusiasm of AG, and her proving herself to Brainy touches on AG's relationship with Vriliac 5.

I liked the micro-surgrery bit. It was a nice reminder of an old ADVENTURE tale, (and the GREAT DARKNESS), though I missed the extreme close-up of a nostril and an exit through a tragic-memory induced teardrop. Ah, well- it was still well-done. I actually would like to see a more elaborate trip through a living body for Vi.

As for the snort- it was cute, but should now be limited to one use per episode in future Vi appearances.

I wonder if Ayla will develop the power to turn into a sentient storm-cloud? That'd be kind of cool.

Who thinks Mekt's resolve will last?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Violet fans will be VERY happy...

Lightning Lass fans will be VERY disappointed.

Brainy needs a jerk-ectomy. I'm glad he came to realize that girls aren't useless.

Sooner or later all the 'toon fan-brats will realize this too, maybe then we can have an increased femme presence!

Despite hating the crafty way they've prevented Ayla from becoming a member of the team, this was a good episode.

Now, does anyone want to start an "All-Ayla's stuffed monkey" thread before I do?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed the episode. I do wish the original Superman had been in this one instead of the clone, but I liked most everything else.

I had a feeling that Ayla wouldn't have aged, but I also have a feeling that she might develop powers at some point. Whether they're lightning powers or gravity-nulling powers, I'm not sure.

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe there'll be a story where Ayla ages a few years (artificially?), then has to masquerade as Garth- or even Mekt and is introduced to and inducted as member by the LSH.

The drag prince intro highlight of Ayla was a key ADVENTURE moment. I think it'd be a fun animated scene, too.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Yep. Violet fans ought to be really happy about this one. Major screen time, several lines and even the opportunity to save Brainy's hide. Nice.

"For the record, I can do more than shrink."
and
"Someone ask for a little help?"

Violet with an attitude and little Ayla, Legion On the Run anybody? [Big Grin]

The Ranzz siblings scenes were excellent, the classic Legion origin without extra frills...other than Ayla disappearing that is.

I'm not sure Garth should get a robot arm unless there's a Space Whale involved. Still, the scene reminded me of the Garth/Mekt battle in the reboot so it's "classic legion lore" too. I can live with it.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I did like this episode. I loved the Violet personality - sure of herself and her abilities, fun-loving, & smart. I loved her tossling Ayla's hair at the end.

I attributed Brainy's jerkiness to not having his dream boy, Superman, around. He definitely should have known about Violet's effectiveness from her bit with the Emerald Eye.

Garth has the robotic arm - cool!!! The robotic arm is also a mega powerful gun - not cool. What lightning blasts weren't enough????

And what is with Superclone being all not needing to immediately attack Imperiex? I know his wanting to attack immediately would get tiring after a while, but still there should be some show of an evolving sense that immediate attacks aren't always the best course.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Great ep! Interesting that Brainy says Garth's arm was badly injured, rather than shot off. (it's almost creepier that way, thinking about what's left of it) I was worried about Ayla becoming a female Wildfire, but things worked out nicely.

Great moment with Vi and Ayla - I agree that Vi's snort was overused, but she still came off great. She had an attitude, but only in response to Brainy's dismissiveness and I like the acknowledgement that being small didn't make her qualified to assist with the surgery, the fact that she studied makes her qualified.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
I LOVED this episode.

Maybe it's just me, but I like some gray in my bad guys.

Also, I was sensing a definite Brainy/Vi chemistry. Hope we see more of that.

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
[Hmmm?] i don't know,..i'm smelling a toy tie in with "Cyber-arm" Lightining Lad

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Definitely a solid episode. Still bored with Imperiax, but he wasn't really important to the episode.

The snort was definitely overused, but I absolutely [Love] it when "weaker" members such as Vi prove themselves useful! And I loved Vi's chemistry with Brainy!

I like the idea of Garth's arm actually having extra functions, but I wish they'd done more with it than it just being a gun. I always thought he should've kept the Starfinger powers during the Adventure run.

I'm not completely sure that Ayla is totally out as a potential future member. All she needs is to meet toonverse Glorith, and...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Random thoughts;

The writers jumped us foreward to semi-adult Legionnaires, and *then* introduced Ayla as a tot? Bad timing. If this had been one of the last episodes of last season, she could have been the bratty young teen, amongst the slightly more mature 'old guard.' Total missed opportunity. At least the energy state thing sets the stage for her having distinctive powers, perhaps a Black Vulcan-like ability to turn into living lightning and zip around zapping people. That would be visually cool, and set her apart from her brothers. Yanno, if she ever grows up and gets to join the team. [Smile]

Mekt? Best. Costume. Ever. I liked his attitude as well.

Imperiax has yet to impress. Apparently he can poop out his destructo-bots, since he's got a small army of them already, and he's been in the 30th century (completely lacking in whatever technology he uses to make his destructo-bots, by a *thousand years or so*) for like a week.

Shrinking Violets' giggle-snorts yawed between dorky-cute, and really, really annoying. I do like that she's smart, confident and capable, anything but a 'shrinking violet.'

Garth's gun-arm? Why? I could get somebody like Violet, Dream Girl or the Invisible Hostage packing heat, but Lightning Lad already *is* heat. "Oh, and Brainiac Five, we got you a copy of 'Mechanical Engineering for Dummies' because we've completely forgotten what your power is..."

I'm kinda wondering if when Superclone vanishes back to SuperCloneVerse, the Legion Tooniverse is going to have a sort of soft reboot, with the team going back to being younger. The transition to making them young adults was kinda abrupt and served no narrative purpose that I saw, making me wonder if this is gonna be one of those 'Dallas/Alias' seasons where somebody wakes up at the end and swears off welsh rarebit.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed the episode for the most part too.

But...I agree about the snorts. And I found it a bit odd that Brainy would have the attitude with Violet since they've been working together for several years now. Wouldn't the comments make more sense coming from Supes X? Which would given them a reason to use him and not the real Supes in the episode. Cause he was acting much more like the original than the Imperiax-Smash guy that he's supposed to be.

I'm also annoyed by Ayla's current situation...another needlessly sidelined Legionnaire to go along with Projectra, Ultra Boy, Mon-El, Crystal Kid, and probably more that I can't think of at the moment.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I'm still super bummed about Matter-Eater Lad and Saturn Girl. [Frown] And I like normal Superman.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Me too Caliente.

SuperClone seems like the gun arm for Lightning Lad. Pointless and someone's idea of "oh this will make the character sooooooo much cooler!"

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.