Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » 2.4 Chained Lightning - Spoilers & Images (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: 2.4 Chained Lightning - Spoilers & Images
wamu2
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wamu2           Edit/Delete Post     
excellent stuff again. I didn't notice the snorts, or I should say they didn't annoy me.

unfair cheat by the writers. I wished Ayla had aged.

as for missing fan favorites, it's only season two. later in the year, or next season they will probably add new members to the mix to keep things fresh.

From: chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaseous Lad
Harbinger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaseous Lad   Email Gaseous Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, maybe have a "guest Legionnaire of the week" or something, just so we know that there are other Legionnaires aside from the opening sequence.

It's funny, when I first heard the (now infamous) snort, I thought it was a sneeze. I mean, I like how they gave her character a soundbite, as it kind of fits in with the way they are playing the Violet character (smart, sassy, a little geeky), I just thought it was overused.

From: Maryland | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
whoa whoa...don't go negative on Ayla being small -- maybe we will see Dream Girl spotlight to see if she can use her "Naltorian Science" to help Ayla grow up and gain the Light Lass power? who knows? Wait and see. [Smile] <--- think positive.

Vi sweet but gotta stop "snorting" that's so unlike her! She has spunks but not snort like Cham! We do not need another Cham/Beast Boy personality.

can't wait to see Karate Kid and Dream Girl soon soon. I gotta be patient.

Mekt's costume - nice design but I still prefer Green/Red costume over this since it's a classic! Who else wears Red/Green costume in DC Universe??

Can't wait to see the next episode!

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
It was a heartwarming episode, but I agree, I'm not happy with the idea of Ayla being ten years younger than her twin brother. I hope something is done soon to correct this.

Oh, and am I the only one who has "The monkey rode on the rocketship" in my head?

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker Lass
Current status: borderline narcoleptic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurker Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Lurker Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
No one wears red/green because they're Christmas colours! Although Beast Boy did sport that colour combo for the longest time. Agonizing. Mekt's armored booblights and hooded cape totally kick ass.

I hope Ayla will eventually be bumped up from her current status as Lightning Lad's supporting cast. I imagine in the way of "Look I have super-powers! Let me be in the Legion Garth!" "No, it's dangerous and I'm being brothery." "Now I'll have a wacky adventure and help save the world, thus proving myself!" "Horray Ayla!"

Loved Vi's spunk. In lieu of having a heroine with a seemingly useless power kick butt and prove her worth, I'm willing to forgive Brainy's out of character dismissal and her cute little snort.

Did anyone else get sympathy pain when Garth's arm got blasted? Brutal. Though I don't so much mind the upgraded cybernetic arm - I mean, why just get a prosthetic when you can get a prosthetic with LASERS.

Total woobie of an episode. On Mekt's redemption: I hope we'll continue to see him in future episodes, hopefully as an ally. (Falling into recidivism a la mental bugnuttery is, however, an acceptable subsitute. This ep seemed a bit too easy an atonement.) Is there a reason, I wonder, that Mekt wasn't portrayed as a crazy solo? Seems like it's been part of the core of his character for ages. This one's more driven by his failures/duties as a brother, without focusing on the twin issue. The simple explanation is probably 'it's a kid's show'... Still.

[ October 15, 2007, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: Lurker Lass ]

--------------------
{This has been a Lurker Lass sighting}

From: Somewhere in the Multi-verse | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teronna
Hello reality...leave a message after the beep.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teronna   Email Teronna         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by wamu2:
as for missing fan favorites, it's only season two. later in the year, or next season they will probably add new members to the mix to keep things fresh.

If there is a next season [Frown] What with 4kids taking over and all that.

Anyone else enjoy seeing Mekt without a shirt? [Wink]

[ October 14, 2007, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: Teronna ]

From: Chicago | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker Lass
Current status: borderline narcoleptic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurker Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Lurker Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Teronna:
Anyone else enjoy seeing Mekt without a shirt? [Wink]

It is forever engrained into my happy place.

--------------------
{This has been a Lurker Lass sighting}

From: Somewhere in the Multi-verse | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Great episode plot-wise and visually-wise. I liked the characterisation and loved seeing Mekt and Vi. I hope they'll have Ayla back as a Legionnaire.
As for Vi's voice, I got used to it and I felt annoyed by the snorts and wanted to laugh at the same time.
I hope we'll see more of the ladies, not just the"token female Legionnaire of the week".

I still feel moved by each episode. Can't believe that we have a Legion cartoon even now, more than a year after the show premiered...

This particular episode, though, was touching in many ways and I loved the combination of human interest, action and sci-fi, and the homages to the history of the Legion.

Oh, before I forget: SNORT! [LOL]

[ October 14, 2007, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: Dain ]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imskian78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imskian78   Email imskian78         Edit/Delete Post     
Violet fan not happy here! So all this time for shy vi and we get a pig snorting, goth girl, tom-boy/lesbian violet. She even makes a "pass" at Alya recounting the very awful time period for the Legion..five years later story line. I wish for once we can have the shy, feminine violet of the 70's and 80's! Her new costume on the show is an improvment on the last but ditch the flower..a "shrinking Violet" is a person. trait not a species of flower.
Oh well, I guess a little Vi is better than no Vi at all..

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Actually, I noticed too that on the episode we see Ayla for the first time, Salu also has her first prominent appearance in the show. I wonder...
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Tim Drake:

Oh, and am I the only one who has "The monkey rode on the rocketship" in my head?

The rocket ship
the rocket ship
The monkey rode in the rocketship
and bumped his head on the moon!

lol loved it.

I couldn't get it out of my head all day!

and besides..that's the very first time ever that we've heard a Legionnaire sing!

Monkeys, terrifying clowns, weird gods, twins..I'm starting to think Winath is a very strange place.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry I'm late, guys, I really wasn't feeling well yesterday.

I loved this episode. Not only did this episode tug at my heart strings, it ripped them out and used them to skip rope(but in a good way).

As for Lightning Lad's robot arm; Awesome? Yes. Unnecessary? Yeah, a little bit, but this show is trying to appeal to fans, so I think it's more like fan service than anything. And I disagree with the people that said that Lightning Lad's reaction to the arm was "unrealistic" because I personally would be excited to have a freakin' awesome robot arm, but that's just me.

I also thought Shrinking Violet was really cool(And yes, I did like the snort)and I hope Ayla makes another appearance someday, she was so cute! Also good to see Bouncing Boy and Brainiac 5 again. [Smile]

On a fan girlish note: I can't believe we got two sweaty shirtless guys in one episode. I LOVE THIS SHOW!

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
This is an instant masterpiece of Legion lore, I think. We have Mekt versus Garth, almost always a good move, Garth loses his arm, Vi shows Brainy she's a smart, tough, kickass babe, and we have a fascinating new take on Ayla, who has always been the linchpin to peace in the Ranzz family, and especially the key to Mekt's soul. What an amazing piece of work. So much wonderful story and great, iconic innovative charcterization in barely 23 minutes. The often lazy, unimaginative crew working in today's comics should watch this episode and learn, learn, learn.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evolution Has Failed
Two more armpits than Atmos!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evolution Has Failed   Email Evolution Has Failed         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with Lurker Lass about the potential for Ayla...of COURSE they can bring her back, she certainly seemed old enough to get herself into trouble if indeed she does have powers (she might already, we don't know) and thinks she can help...

From my perspective, I hadn't seen the start of this thread before watching the ep, and I was thrilled just that they included her...given that they could have stuck with just core members, I think we should be appreciative that they are throwing in so many characters, and they do now have at least one good potential storyline in the bank.

I don't want to detract from the great job the writers have been doing, but from a "creativity" perspective, they could have it SO easy with all the LSH stories they could bring in, and they are wisely making it easier on themselves by introducing characters who can represent future stories (Ayla, Jo Nah...oh, I SO hope they do an Element Lad spotlight with Roxxas...and Sun Boy/ Dr. Regulus...these guys could literally go three more seasonn in without having to spawn a single original plot!). That said, they should be lauded for doing a good job of NOT being lazy, and adding enough twists they those of us who've read the stories before still don't quite know what is going to happen.

Also, it is (to me) orders of magnitude more exciting to see a character introduced then to just suddenly be given all them...if they were already using the full cast from the get-go, there'd be nowhere to go...not that I'm not still desperaately wishing to see Element Lad featured...

My ONLY criticism of this ep., where I think they were a little too obviously concerned with maintaining focus on the "core" characters, was when we first heard the Ayla-cloud singing...you'd THINK they'd immediately focus in on the shocked expression of Garth, but instead, we get SupermanX, and only a reaction from Garth after-the fact...but everything else was perfecto (the only issue with the snort, I think, was that they used it twice in a row at one point...)

In closing, though, I am SO thrilled (being on the winning side [Smile] ) that it has finally happened - those who have been around LSH message boards awhile know about this - the eternal "name pronunciation" debate, perhaps most controversial for "Ayla", is now offically closed: it is "AAy-la" (short Fonzie on the first syllable), not "Eye-la".!

--------------------
"I like stuff that doesn't exist."

From: Old Lyme, CT | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Evolution Has Failed:
...given that they could have stuck with just core members, I think we should be appreciative that they are throwing in so many characters, and they do now have at least one good potential storyline in the bank.

Also, it is (to me) orders of magnitude more exciting to see a character introduced then to just suddenly be given all them...if they were already using the full cast from the get-go, there'd be nowhere to go...not that I'm not still desperaately wishing to see Element Lad featured...

In closing, though, I am SO thrilled (being on the winning side [Smile] ) that it has finally happened - those who have been around LSH message boards awhile know about this - the eternal "name pronunciation" debate, perhaps most controversial for "Ayla", is now offically closed: it is "AAy-la" (short Fonzie on the first syllable), not "Eye-la".!

I appreciate that we've already seen many characters even in non-speaking roles and you made a very good point about not seeing all of the legionnaires at once. It would have been overwhelming for new viewers and in a 22 minute episode you can't have too many characters.
If they ever make a Legion cartoon movie, it'd be a different matter (and I hope they will!)
So it's Aay-la, not Eye-la. Oh well, at least we know the "formal" pronunciation now. [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.