Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » 2.4 Chained Lightning - Spoilers & Images (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: 2.4 Chained Lightning - Spoilers & Images
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Ay-la and Winneth have always been my pronunciations. Wye-nath just doesn't make sense to me. Do you say win as whine?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
What Was Wrong With the Reboot? Lad said
quote:
did anyone get the "Star Wars" feeling from Mekt and Imperiex and their ultimate weapon. i think Mekt in that cloak, Imperiex's voice, and the whole family betrayal and redemption, didn't help either.
Actually, I did and wrote about it in a previous post. But I kinda liked it. [Wink]
I don't think the cyber-arm has anything to do with Cyborg of the Teen Titans. It's just another "homage" of sorts to the classic Legion story of an early Adventure issue.

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wamu2
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wamu2           Edit/Delete Post     
so tell me, is the comic book as good as the show? I have been hesitant to read it, because I assumed the Johnny DC is more toned down for the little ones.
From: chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
What Was Wrong With the Reboot? Lad
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for What Was Wrong With the Reboot? Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
dain,

when i was talking about Lightning Lad's arm, i meant it's too Cyborg-ish b/c it's got guns and is all bulky. I'm totally down for him having a robotic arm. just not one with guns, does he really need that?

i always thought that maybe in 1000 years they could make robotic arms that maybe look like they're real? or at least go with the slimmed down model that Livewire had in the reboot right? [Big Grin] (i'm sorry, i had to ask...)

--------------------
everything i like rules. everything you like is terrible.

From: USA #1 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Ah, I see what you meant now and I agree. They could have made a more realistic looking arm.
I suppose it's just a bit of "fan service". More powerful-looking visually.

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Ay-la and Winneth have always been my pronunciations. Wye-nath just doesn't make sense to me. Do you say win as whine?

It could be both, depending on whether you grew up there or not. For example, most people pronounce Detroit, "Duh-TROIT," but people who grew up there pronounce it "DEE-troit."

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
wow,wow,WOW!
WATTA EPISODE!
I adore Goth Vi!

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:

For example, I, too, was disappointed that Ayla remains a child. But, in the context of the story, it makes sense. Even if she were somehow reincorporated as a young adult, she would still be missing 10 years of her life. She would be a child in an adult's body. The chosen outcome was probably the simplest and most direct idea, and it leaves her story open for later development.

See, this is why I called the Ayla-outcome "crafty"... On the one hand, I *HATE* that it keeps the fanbrats (my nickname for the pre-tweens who are apparently voicing displeasure over too many girls) happy by keping another female Legionnaire OFF the team, but on the other hand I'd have to be a soulless monster to be glad Ayla lost 10 years of her life and emerged an adult.

Crafty. Very crafty.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
wow,wow,WOW!
WATTA EPISODE!
I adore Goth Vi!

giggle*SNORT [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

I always read it as Whine-ath (think lithp [Wink] 'cause Garth's a whiner... [Big Grin] [tease] [Hug]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Malvolio:
quote:

It could be both, depending on whether you grew up there or not. For example, most people pronounce Detroit, "Duh-TROIT," but people who grew up there pronounce it "DEE-troit."
True, and there's the whole New Or-leens / N'awlins thing.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
I've always thought "AY-la", but I prounounce the planet" win-NATH" to rhyme with math.

The wierd thing is I've always pronounced Mekt,

"Ekky-ekky-ekky-ekky-z'Bang, zoom-Boing, z'nourrrwringmm".

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duck458
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duck458   Email duck458         Edit/Delete Post     
This show just keeps getting better and better. My thanks to everyone involved for getting me up early and in a good mood every Saturday morning. As for "goth" Vi, I am so old, I guess I don't know what "goth" means anymore. I thought it meant all black clothes, black lipstick, pale skin. Hoo boy...I need a Geritol.

--------------------
So what.

From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Unless it's a new "fashion statement" the pretty flower on her hair doesn't seem gothic to me (Dot from the Animaniacs, anyone?). It offsets the gothic image others see in Vi. Not to mention the....

.....SNORT! [Razz]

Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I-la and WinNATH like Language Arts Lad said.

[ October 16, 2007, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Blockade Boy ]

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.