Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » 2.4 Chained Lightning - Spoilers & Images (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: 2.4 Chained Lightning - Spoilers & Images
Teronna
Hello reality...leave a message after the beep.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teronna   Email Teronna         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Language Arts Lad:

The wierd thing is I've always pronounced Mekt,

"Ekky-ekky-ekky-ekky-z'Bang, zoom-Boing, z'nourrrwringmm".

Ahhhh what is that from? My brain's fried and it won't let me think...
From: Chicago | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dairaioh
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dairaioh   Email Dairaioh         Edit/Delete Post     
Got a request. Could someone pleeease post a pic of when Lightning Lad threw tht attack at Mekt in Kamehameha fashion. It happened before he lost his arm. It looked sooo cool with the spiral effect of the lightning before he released it.

--------------------
Jin Rai!!!

From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, just saw this episode. It rocked. I am getting tired of the Imperiex guy. He seems like a poor copy of Darkseid.

Love the Mekt turned himself in. I always hoped he would back in the day. Loved it in v4 when he did reform.

Vi! Great to see her in this episode cause of her friendship with Ayla. I liked her attitude personally. Makes her different than the rest.

I've never been a fan of Garth's robotic arm but it sure looked good here!

Great episode! We even saw Superman cry!

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Teronna:
quote:

The wierd thing is I've always pronounced Mekt,

"Ekky-ekky-ekky-ekky-z'Bang, zoom-Boing, z'nourrrwringmm".

Ahhhh what is that from? My brain's fried and it won't let me think...
We are the Knights who formerly said Ni!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
i dont think that alya is going to ever be on the team as light lass if any one remembers in the legion of sub ep star boy had the power to make things light as well and heavy

and it to me seams unlikly that they would add her to the team if that was her only power if star boy is still around

also if she has lighting powers that might be a bit of an over kill now that LL has the power to make things go boom

so her on the team nice but unlikly

i loved vi snort it gives her depth if the writers could have easly just wrote her there and have her just stand there and get angry at b5 for being a jerk but giveing her the snort just adds to her personalty

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
How about if Ayla is Light Lass with a new conceot. Light based powers along the lines of The Ray or the Rambeau Captain Marvel. She has spent the last ten years as an electro-magnetic storm. Why not give her powers related to a wider span of the electric-magnetic spectrum than just lightning. If she were a photonic being she could be representing herself as human vias force fields. Come to think of it, she could maybe travel/act/fight/learn/age at the speed of light, or reconfigure her appearance to ape the age of her twin brother. Potentially she is a new member of the espionage squad. She could also have the typical blasting lasers powers one would expect from such a character.

I think this could kick ass! I love Ayla, but her "lightness" power never did that much for me.

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
btw, was it just me or did anyone else think Mekt's costume looked just like Proctor's? (Avengers)
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
How about if Ayla is Light Lass with a new conceot. Light based powers along the lines of The Ray or the Rambeau Captain Marvel.

That's what she did in Superboy's Legion, generate light from a soft glow to deadly lasers. I thought it was a clever tweak to have her be named 'Light Lass' and have completely appropriate, and yet completely different, powers.

quote:
She has spent the last ten years as an electro-magnetic storm.
I'd love for her to have the 'turn into lightning' power of Black Vulcan (from the Superfriends), making her an electricity-based version of Lazon or Monica Rambeau. It's visually different enough from her brothers powers, and also makes her age irrelevant, since she's not some little kid, she's a living bolt of lightning.

Or hey, maybe she can uncoil that electromagnetic storm from within herself and become a true weather controller / storm summoner.

Or, to be completely original, maybe she turns back into the storm, becoming a roughly humanoid cloud of energy, flinging lightning bolts around. We've seen weather controllers, we've seen people who turn into energy-forms, but someone who actually turns into a storm would be fairly novel.

stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
Really liked this episode.

The scene where Garth loses his arm was stunning, I thought it was well written and well animated, between Mekt's reaction to the lightning streaming out of Garth's wound, wow.

The ending was super touching, I was wondering if Ayla would come back real age or not, so when she came back as a kid I though "oh well, no Light Lass," but I felt the rest of it was so well done I could live with it. Besides, if they did age her properly, you're dealing with someone who has been an energy cloud for ten years, that just screams 'bad idea.'

I really like Mekt turning him in, and I loved Garth's response when Ayla first showed up "I said I wouldn't get you in trouble if you got Ayla and me home safely." That line right there just presented so much closer for our little Ranzz family.

Again, the episode as a whole was just wonderful, now we'll see what (if anything) they do with Ayla, that might affect my view of the ep down the road, but as I was watching it I was not bummed at all by Ayla being a kid.

As for Vi, no problem with the snort, although I did think they overused it a bit (two times would have been fine, but I think they used if four times, so a bit too much).

Brainiac Five served the role in this ep that Cosmic Boy served in "Cry Wolf." He was the stereotyped role that was required for the "seemingly useless character provers him/herself" storyline that is a stable of kid's stories. It's unfortunate that the writers do this to the characters, but all cartoons, even the super great ones do it so it is something that I have to just accept and hope it only happens once in a blue moon (or at least once for a certain character).

Just really enjoyed this episode. One last thing, I liked how the Legion came up with a solution to the problem of Imperiax using Ayla to fuel the cannon. Brainy was wiling to disperse her essence (bad Brainy) but the Legion (Vi in particular) came up with NON-LETHAL solution to save the day and Ayla, and Brainy didn't object saying it was too impossible or whatever. That's what the Legion's supposed to do, face disaster and come out on top. It just struck me that if this was 3-boot no one would have come up with the alternate solution and Ayla would have been dispersed across the cosmos.

Again, LOVED this episode. It took my breath away at some parts and made me go Awwww at others. good stuff.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
I've rerun this a half dozen times since Saturday, and it really stands up. I'm so proud of Mekt but I can't help wondering how Garth is going to sleep with that arm without accidentally setting off a canon.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

P.S. I love B5's new look!
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by stephbarton:
I really like Mekt turning him in, and I loved Garth's response when Ayla first showed up "I said I wouldn't get you in trouble if you got Ayla and me home safely." That line right there just presented so much closer for our little Ranzz family.

As heartwarming as Garth's promise was, this bit bothered me somewhat. Mekt's crimes as Lightning Lord (or whatever he's calling himself) affected more than just his siblings, so Garth was in no position to let him go. Also, the other Legionnaires were not bound by Garth's promise, so they could have intervened, rendering the promise meaningless.

Good thing for all involved that Mekt had a change of heart.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
I've rerun this a half dozen times since Saturday, and it really stands up. I'm so proud of Mekt but I can't help wondering how Garth is going to sleep with that arm without accidentally setting off a canon.

Imra is probably wondering the same thing...

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
I can't help wondering how Garth is going to sleep with that arm without accidentally setting off a canon.

He's old enough that he shouldn't have that problem anymore.
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
[No]
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.