Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » 2.5 Karate Kid - Spoilers & Images (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: 2.5 Karate Kid - Spoilers & Images
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
What follows are some preview images and synopsis for this coming Saturday's (10/27) new episode of the Legion of Super-Heroes cartoon, entitled "Karate Kid". Images and synopsis provided by the WB.

If you don't want to be spoiled then you shouldn't be here. [Big Grin]

The "Legion of Super Heroes" expands its ranks again this Saturday, October 27 in an all-new episode entitled "The Karate Kid."

When the dreaded Legion Auditions produce just one potential new member ­ Nemesis Kid ­ Superman goes out recruiting, and finds an unlikely candidate to join the Legion. A perpetual underdog, Karate Kid has no super powers ­ which goes against Legion membership rules ­ but Superman believes he has the heart to join the Legion. As the Legion hunts down Grimbor the Chainsman, Karate Kid believes he can be an asset, while the others worry he is only putting himself in harm¹s way. Keith Ferguson ("Foster¹s Home For Imaginary Friends") voices both Karate Kid and Nemesis Kid. Eddie Guzelian wrote the episode, which was directed by Brandon Vietti and Scott Jeralds. "The Karate Kid" episode of "Legion of Super Heroes" airs Saturday, October 27 at 11:00 a.m. ET/PT as part of the Kids' WB! Lineup on The CW Network.

Click for fullsize image

Grimbor the Chainsman is the key villain in the October 27 "Legion of Super Heroes" episode, "The Karate Kid."

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

The title character of the October 27 "Legion of Super Heroes" episode, "The Karate Kid."

Click for fullsize image

Nemesis Kid is the lone survivor of auditions for the Legion of Super Heroes in the October 27 episode entitled "The Karate Kid."

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker Lass
Current status: borderline narcoleptic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurker Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Lurker Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
On Nemesis Kid being "the lone survivor" - the wording there is chilling, but I'm hoping they mean figuratively. (If not, well, then I guess there's your reason for hunting down Grimbor. Ghurr.)

Val's sandals are very cute and I want to own them please. He looks Asian! [Big Grin]

--------------------
{This has been a Lurker Lass sighting}

From: Somewhere in the Multi-verse | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
How the heck did I miss this thread? I just put links to this same stuff on the "KK & Who else" thread.

I swear, when I look at Nemesis Kid's face, it screams of "Jimmy Olsen if he was a redneck".

And where the heck is Val's collar???? [Karate Kid]

[ October 26, 2007, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Omni Craig ]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
What Was Wrong With the Reboot? Lad
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for What Was Wrong With the Reboot? Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
the scans are sweet! Karate Kid looks Asian! Nemesis Kid has shaggy hair! the third scan is perfect! nothing like a kick in the face to get you pumped for Saturday! (and Val's shoes are pretty cool, where can i get a pair??)

i have always. ALWAYS been interested in Nemesis Kid. not just for his powers. but for his character too. i always thought it might be cool to have him join with good intentions but eventually go bad due to a difference of opinion (like, he thinks it's ok to use lethal force) or he loses control of his powers and kills a fellow legionnaire...

i am really looking forward to this episode. KK is going to be great (possibly even the best around! nothing's gonna ever keep him down!) and they have not done wrong with characters so far *knocks on wood*.

and i don't think what we see so far is his final costume, doesn't he have a collar in the opening credits?

--------------------
everything i like rules. everything you like is terrible.

From: USA #1 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
To quote Lightning Lad: "Sweet!"

Funny they made KK so small in stature but I guess it's part of the "underdog" thing.

No snake sightings yet, huh?

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
that pic of Grimbor kinda looks like the current incarnation of Bane from "The Batman"

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Four more new images:

Click for fullsize image
Lightning Lad gets more than he bargaiined for in a battle with Grimbor the Chainsman during the October 27 episode of "Legion of Super Heroes" entitled "The Karate Kid."

Click for fullsize image
Lightning Lad, Superman, Timber Wolf and Cosmic Boy are caught by Grimbor the Chainsman in the October 27 "Legion of Super Heroes" episode, "The
Karate Kid."

Click for fullsize image
The title character of the October 27 "Legion of Super Heroes" episode, "The Karate Kid."

Click for fullsize image
New Legion recruit Nemesis Kid reveals his power during the October 27 episode of "Legion of Super Heroes" entitled "The Karate Kid."

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggard Lad
S'up?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haggard Lad   Email Haggard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Karate Kid AND Nemesis Kid? Neat!

--------------------
The Secret Origin of Haggard Lad!

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
*sigh*

I know I should be... and AM... greatful that a LSH 'toon even exists at ALL, but... No lasses in the releases?

Ah, well... it's still awesome to see Grimbor, K-Kid and Nemesis Kid... it's amazing, really.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked it this morning, but yeah, no lasses in this episode? Those kids in the focus groups should be reminded of an arcade game called Gauntlet. I used to play with three friends of mine and one of us had to play as the Valkyrie (sp?). Didn't mind doing it, because the game was so cool. Same thing with the Storm and Dazzler characters in the original X-Men arcade game.

I really hope they're not basing the casting on a single focus group that thought girls are "icky."

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dairaioh
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dairaioh   Email Dairaioh         Edit/Delete Post     
Good episode, its just that I think they got KK's personality wrong. If I remember correctly the Pre-boot KK was a knuckle-head. This iteration of him was humble. Oh well it worked. I really like Cham now. He may be a Beast-boy rip off, but he is more mature, relatively speaking of course. I don't mnd his quips and one liners, and his personality stands out. Last gripe. Cosmic jerk. I believe in adherence to protocol, but hes being a jerk. Let's count the evidence:

1. Crappy apology to Timberwolf.

2. Speech about KK not being able to take care
of himself

3. Being harsh to Cham.

4. Giving KK laundry duty.

There are probably others, but I can't remember any more for the time being. I'm sure Cos won't fail to meet my expectations though. I'm beginning to lose more respect for him with each passing episode.

--------------------
Jin Rai!!!

From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Wow, the most suprising thing here was Nemisis Kid *not* being a traitor -- though I wouldn't rule it out for later. I was waiting for the revelation that NK and Grimbor were in cahoots, and was actually a little disappointed the only connection was Grimbor copycating NK's neutralizing powers. I guess it worked ok for the story but I was so looking forward to Karate Kid smacking NK, it came as a bit of a letdown to see him battling Grimbor instead.

I enjoyed the back-and-forth between Cham and Val, and Cham's cynicism made it easier to digest KK's over-the-counter philosophical ramblings. KK himself leaned too much towards the Zen postboot Kid than the original scrapper for my taste, but as long as he's teamed with a foil like Cham, I'm can live with it. His fight with Superman was nice homage to the old Shooter story and the outcome was more believable ("disqualified for leaving the ring"). His accent sounded more like Asian Indian to me than Japanese, though, and the laundry thing hit a sour note. I don't think the Legion would ever insult Superman by treating his hand-picked choice like a servant.

Rule-breaking Cham was also a good foil for Cosmic Boy, who as Dairaioh pointed out continues to be typecast as the inflexible and mostly unpleasant authority figure. (Eh, it serves him right for three years of gross over-exposure in the comic book). LL got the best line with "Talk to the hand" and had an all too brief but funny turn with *Calamity King* -- who shockingly was not blonde (someone should be fired for that!). Hopefully, Element Lad's three-second cameo portends a bigger role in the future. It was good to see Dream Girl again, but iirc not one speaking role in this episode for a girl. Why don't they just get it over with and put *all* the girls in a coma?

It's probably my least favorite episode of the stellar second season but it was still quite good.

[ October 27, 2007, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Tromium ]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Sorry, double post.
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Re:
SPOILER WARNING

The spoilers are about to get started.

Lash! We get a glimpse of Comet Queen in the early moments of the show!
How's that?

Calamity King sounds like Elvis.

Karate Kid's a midget! Either that or Kryptonians are freakishly tall..hhmmm...

Lightning Lad, "Talk to the hand" -snort-

Nemesis Kid's a jerk (big surprise, eh?) but he's cool to KK at the end.

Lurker Lass 'called it'..twice.

Grimbor works. I always thought he was a pretty lame villain in the comics but he's dangerous in the cartoon.
Cool.

Nemesis Kid "Neutralizes Super Powers" and he's a cop. It looks like he and Cos get along nicely. Oh yeah, Cos is being a pompous jerk, "This isn't the Legion of Guys Who Try Really Hard."

We get a good look at Element Lad though he doesn't get any dialogue, same with Dream Girl and Tyroc.

I was really prepared to hate Nemesis Kid and he's written just so I got what I wanted right up to the last of the show. Cham almost dies from jealousy when NK is the golden boy of the moment but in turn he helps save the day later by following Val's advice and then NK sort of apologizes to KK for being such a seventh planet. I grew up reading these comics and him being an evil, treasonous, back biting snake and wasn't expecting a gesture of comeraderie toward Val. Very nice touch.

I hope the kids like this 'cause I love it.

I didn't get everything I wanted out of this episode but I still got a heck of a lot more than I expected.

This was fun.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah- I like the fact that we're left not knowing quite to think about Nemesis Kid. Notice that we didn't hear his whole oath, unlike Karate Kid? That makes me think that a traitor storyline (he's probably in cahoots with Imperiax) is coming. But, who knows? That's why we watch.

I liked KKid's into. To me, it actually makes more sense than his initial tryout in the comics. I appreciated his will and spirit, like Superman. I'm not crazy about *one* Legionnaire inducting a member, however. (Shades of Monstress...)

Sigh. More Cosmic Jerk. Producers, writers, *please* inject a bit of reboot Cos-- or 'classic' Cos and *don't* characterize him solely from the current iteration.

At this rate, kids'll think of him as a villain soon.

Best shot of Element Lad we've seen yet, I think. Here's hoping that he, Dream Girl, Blok, Tyroc and Sun Boy will get their chance to emerge from the Silent Brigade before long.

I enjoyed Cham, but he's beginning to hog the spotlight, when tons of other characters need some screen-time (see the Silent Brigade).

The inferred sexism (I'm lumping the Happy Meal toys in here) is counter to everything the LSH stands for. I hope this episode is an isolated instance (Girl's Night Out- for balance?). If not, the producers, writers and DC should be ashamed.

I hope focus groups haven't dictated this as a new direction. Saturn Girl's coma suddenly looms as way more important than I initially thought. Just consider her role in the first decade of the team's adventures. Compare and contrast with her animated characterization. Sad.

I hate focus groups and the way money-men use them to quash creativity.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.