Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH31 #16 Solitiations and Cover (spoilers) (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: LSH31 #16 Solitiations and Cover (spoilers)
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
Really surprised that Lightning Lad hasn't posted these yet, but this cover pretty much made my July solits (that and the release of Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam)

-

THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES IN THE 31ST CENTURY #16
Written by Matthew Manning
Art by Shawn McManus
Cover by Alexander Serra
It’s the issue you’ve been waiting for: The untold story of
Arm-Fall-Off Boy! The embarrassingly powered would-be Legionnaire wants nothing more than a flight ring and for Saturn Girl to know his name. But since flight technology and easily detached limbs don’t always mix, Arm-Fall-Off Boy has his work cut out for him!
On sale July 9 • 32 pg, FC, $2.25 US

I am soooooo excited for this

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
This looks fun. I'm really excited to see this book delve more into Legion lore rather than general DCU lore.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I think I might have to get this one. [Smile]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes!
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew K. Manning
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew K. Manning   Email Matthew K. Manning         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey guys,

I'm anxious to see what you all think of the issue when it finally comes out. This is my third issue for this series, and is easily my favorite script so far. Keep checking my website, as I'll be posting a few of Alex Serra's sketches from the cover process for this issue.

And for those of you going to the New York Comic Con this weekend, be sure to stop by my table (J29-30, listed under Wes Craig, my tablemate and former Batman Strikes collaborator) in artist's alley and say hello.

Thanks guys,

Matthew K. Manning
www.matthewkmanning.com

--------------------
www.matthewkmanning.com
www.comicspace.com/matthewkmanning

From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Steph, much appreciated! And Matthew, I can't wait to read this one. Alexander did an awesome cover. Another addition to my homage collection.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I am all over this one!!! Looks to be a fun read Matthew, so thanks in advance!! [Smile]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Acid Digestion Lad
Legion hopeful

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Acid Digestion Lad   Email Acid Digestion Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm enjoying the hell outta this sries. Makes me miss the toon tho'. However I love how Arm Fall off boy is applicant number 247 xD
From: Bismoll, baby! Yeah!! | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legion guy
new

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legion guy   Email legion guy         Edit/Delete Post     
How long do you think they will let this series run
without the animated cartoon?? LOL

From: Kansas City | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
great cover homage. i wish it was the 3 founders tho'.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew K. Manning
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew K. Manning   Email Matthew K. Manning         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey guys,

Glad you're planning on picking up this issue. And Gorilla, the reason we went with these three Legionnaires in particular is because they're the stars of our story. Well, besides Arm-Fall-Off-Boy, of course.

On my website, I've just posted Alex Serra's cover process for this issue, with several behind-the-scenes type sketches and whatnot. Be sure to check it out, as he really outdid himself with this issue.

Thanks guys,

Matthew K. Manning

--------------------
www.matthewkmanning.com

From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Matthew! I love seeing the how covers and such (including plots and stories, hint, hint) come together and evolve over time.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I of course buy and enjoy every issue but the ones that feature lesser-known LSH castmembers (like Infectious Lass in # 3) are BIG faves... I bet this will RAWK!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew K. Manning
Advisor

Hey guys,

Don't forget to pick up this issue in stores this week. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

Thanks,

Matthew K. Manning
www.matthewkmanning.com

--------------------
www.matthewkmanning.com

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Loved this issue. Many great laugh out loud moments (the opening sequence, Stafinger's "monitors", Starfinger and the arm). Just a great issue. Really my favorite read this week, edging out JSA.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.