Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion on Smallville (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Legion on Smallville
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Surely this deserves its own thread, yes? (Though originally mentioned by Mystery Lad in the L3W thread.)

Legion on Smallville, Newsarama.

Legion on Smallville, CBR.

At best (for some) this will further cement the Legion as a cross-version, critical step in Clark's becoming Superman.

At the least it will be the first live action depiction of legionnaires. Who will play who?

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Cool, I'm all for the Legion getting more exposure, expessially when it strengthens their ties to the Superman legend, something that has been missing from the comics far to long.

Thanks once again Geoff Johns

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
It'll be the live action debut of the real Legion...

But their unofficial live action debut was on the late 80's Superboy TV show. I haven't seen that show in a long time and the names weren't quite the same, nor were the appearances exactly like we are familiar with...but it was 2 guys and a girl from the future, and they were based on the Legion IMO.

Incidentally...that show also debuted an evil alternate Universe version of Superboy that wore sunglasses and a leather jacket...about 4 years before Connor Kent was even created.

That show was a great show...and it was similarly cursed the way that Superboy and the Legion have been...

It had extremely high ratings and was cancelled because TimeWarner wanted the rights to the character back.

Kinda like the cartoon was cancelled not because of ratings, but because the animation company shut down.

Kinda like the Legion was retconned, not because it was unpopular, but due to editorial edict.

Kinda like the Legion wasn't removed from Adventure because it was unpopular, but because of an editorial decision.

Sigh.

[ July 27, 2008, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Superboy ]

Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matter Lad
What is a madman, but a broken genius?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matter Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Matter Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I hope they don't make an appearance.

Let's face it...Smallville's the proverbial "neighborhood gone to pot".

A show that had good potential, and peaked with the appearances of Green Arrow and Impulse, now gone awry. The show does not excite me anymore, and I hope they have the decency not to butcher the Legion for myself and any other Legion fan.

I'm sorry, but this news does nothing more than raise my concern for my so cherished super-team.

But who knows? I could be surprised. If that's the road they're taking...Kristen Bell for Saturn Girl, please!

--------------------
My homepage
Jus ad Bellum
Shinto

From: Saginaw, MI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
CBR has a short video interview with Geoff Johns up about his Smallville Legion episode.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=17465

I was never a fan of the show but this I will watch.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
What Was Wrong With the Reboot? Lad
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for What Was Wrong With the Reboot? Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Superboy, can you provide linkage, wiki, or pictures of said occurance? I remember the show (vaguely) but am interested learning more?

Well, really, if anyone could find anything, that would be great.

As for Legion on Smallville, very cool. Very cool.

--------------------
everything i like rules. everything you like is terrible.

From: USA #1 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
With anyone else, I might have some concern given that the Smallville teens have long sense had their third facelift. Johns is both loyal to Legion and to the Legion fan.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by What Was Wrong With the Reboot? Lad:
Superboy, can you provide linkage, wiki, or pictures of said occurance? I remember the show (vaguely) but am interested learning more?

I believe he's thinking of an issue of the tie-in comic, rather than the show itself...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
quote:
Originally posted by What Was Wrong With the Reboot? Lad:

I believe he's thinking of an issue of the tie-in comic, rather than the show itself...
No...it happened in the show too. I can't remember if the comic was actually tying into the show at that point or not, I think it did, but there definitely was an episode of the TV show where two guys and a girl came from the future...
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Here ya go:

Episode #21: Mutant

http://www.tv.com/the-adventures-of-superboy/show/5146/episode.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabssh&tag=tabs;episodes

IMDB Profile:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0713446/

The inspiration for Connor Kent?

Episode #57: The Roads Not Taken

http://www.tv.com/the-adventures-of-superboy/show/5146/episode_guide.html?season=3&tag=season_nav;next

IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0713463/

It was a great TV show...sucked that it got cancelled....and not due to ratings. I think it was better than Smallville.

Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

BTW...I'm not worried about Johns adapting the Legion for TV...I think he'll do a better job of it than just about anyone else could.
Not-So-Bad Lad
Secret Honorary Auxiliary Substitute Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Smallville is hit or miss these days, but this sounds entirely watchable.

From the way Johns was talking, I'm guessing the
Three Founders are gonna make an appearance, but also a few more, from the sound of it. Who do you guys think will show up?

Ferro Lad, so he can die saving Tom Welling? Mon-El, because of his connection to Spitcurl, Jr. ? Brainiac 5, because of his connection to a nemesis we've already seen in Smallville?

Other than the founders, who do you think is gonna show up?

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
All I can say is that if Braniac 5 shows up, he better be green - not Caucasian like Smallville's portrayal of the original Braniac.! [Mad]
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Since we're on the subject...

Unfortunately no member of the Legion team will be the first to make a live action debut for the Legion franchise...that (dis)honor belongs to Mordru:

-

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131675/

Did you guys know Mordru water skis? Yeap...he does.

I think Mordru was the first to make into animation as well...seems like he was on the Superfriends once upon a time or something.

Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Geoff...adapt Adventure #369-370 to Smallville... Pleeeeasssseee.
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.