Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion on Smallville (Page 18)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Legion on Smallville
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Comics Continuum has a few pics from Smallville's 200th episode featuring James Marsters as Brainiac Five, unfortunately the producers opted not to go green...
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1010/02/index.htm

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
B5 not green = EPIC FAIL. I'll pass on this episode.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
Not a problem for me. If Brainiac's not green, why should Brainiac Five be green?

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, because Brainiac 5 is from Colu, where a thousand years from now people from that planet are a greenish colour.

Maybe this Brainiac 5 is using a "face inhibitor" or something that masks his true features (on a count of 21st century Earth people would freak out if they saw an honest-to-goodness green man from another planet).

BTW, James Marsters is TOO OLD to play Brainy anyway, just like Tom Welling is little too "long in the tooth" to be playing Superboy compared to the three actors they got to play the Founders a year and a half ago.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Between the cartoon and the reboot, I've come to prefer the idea of a younger-than-normal Brainy. His petulant and immature attitude (which, granted, is more prevalent in his older incarnations, as if Coluans get more bratty and behaviorally inept as they age), which can be fun in a younger character (like Damian Wayne), comes off as curmudeonly and just Oscar-the-Grouch-y when he's older.

So, I think I'd rather see someone younger than James Marsters as well. The kid from Sixth Sense and A.I. would probably make a rocking version of the cartoon Brainy...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Marsters was the original Brainy, so it's not unusual that he would be again, like Malvolo said.
AND I agree with future king about the inhibitor.
(We might see him green during the story, at some point.)

We also don't know what era this Brainy is from.
The Legionnaires DO have a history of coming in to Clark's time from any period in the Legion's existance.

And in 'Smallville' there never was a SuperBOY.
Clark has been acting as a SuperMAN for a long time, now, just on a smaller scale (Metropolis and Smallville) and without the tights.

We just saw him in a Legion (Smallville style) outfit with a red leather jacket, which I liked.

I've never liked the tights look much, especially in 2010.

[ October 05, 2010, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
My confusion stems from how the Founders realted to "Kal" during that whole episode, acting like they already knew him (hinting that they had had adventures together already) and reacting surprised that he didn't recognize them. Garth even ribbed Clark about not being able to fly.
It all made me, as a viewer, think these kids came from a time AFTER this episode's timeline ... meaning that Kal-el had yet to become a good friend and fellow "Legionnaire" (and learn to fly) and so that would mean that the befriending would happen after that episode, in the future of that timeline and Clark would therefore be even a bit OLDER then ... no?

Eeeek!

Like I said, I'm so confused!
I know the show takes many liberties with history, but at the very LEAST they should have cast three actors a lot closer to Welling's age.
That's all I'm saying.

P.S. I agree with you about the not liking tights!

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
i think i will be okay with the lack of green skin, i will pretend that he using makeup to make himself look 'human'. after all Brainy has done that before and usually does a good job of it, im more pissed he's not in purple and doesn't look like he has a force shield belt, as for the age thing every one in that show looks like they are pushing 30 so im okay whit them using James Marsters. (cause James Marsters is a good actor so better chance at a good performance )

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
What? He won't wear the purple jumpsuit? Well, then I refuse to watch it!

[Wink]

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
it doesn't need to be a jumpsuit but come on it needs to be purple clothing that is his Costume not green and black

[ October 09, 2010, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: kidflash2fan ]

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by future king:
My confusion stems from how the Founders realted to "Kal" during that whole episode, acting like they already knew him (hinting that they had had adventures together already) and reacting surprised that he didn't recognize them. Garth even ribbed Clark about not being able to fly.

I thought that Garth acted surprised that Kal didn't fly and then said that he(Kal) couldn't fly.
Then, Cos shushed Garth when he started to comment/rib Kal about it.
Yes, they acted like they knew him.

quote:
It all made me, as a viewer, think these kids came from a time AFTER this episode's timeline ... meaning that Kal-el had yet to become a good friend and fellow "Legionnaire" (and learn to fly) and so that would mean that the befriending would happen after that episode, in the future of that timeline and Clark would therefore be even a bit OLDER then ... no?

Eeeek!

Like I said, I'm so confused!

Actually, I think you're pretty right on, except, I do't know that they had actually had a relationship with Clark before. It seemed to me, and I am often wrong, that that just knew about all of them from historical accounts, mostly.

Since there was never a SuperBOY in this reality, the Legion doesn't have the same relationship with Kal-el as in THIS timeline.
I only saw the episode once, though.

quote:
I know the show takes many liberties with history, but at the very LEAST they should have cast three actors a lot closer to Welling's age.
That's all I'm saying.[quote]
Since Kal hadn't known about them, and his adventures with him come later, I think, his age in relationship with their's might be irrelivent(sp).
Rokk and Imra seemed much closer to Kal's age than Garth, too.
Brainy appears older than Kal, which might be irrelivent as well, for the reason I said earlier or because this Brainy is a construct and not a biological entity like our Brainy.

[quote]P.S. I agree with you about the not liking tights!

[Smile]
Yes, a differant era, indeed.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Welling and Marsters are both so delicious. I hope they make out.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by kidflash2fan:
it doesn't need to be a jumpsuit but come on it needs to be have purple clothing that is his Costume not green and black

Are you sure it is black? On my monitor the jacket is a very, very dark purple (but the shiny areas show that it is purple, not black), and the pants look to be a similar color. With the green t-shirt, that makes him purple and green.... 2 of the 3 primary colors of his usual costume (hope he isn't wearing yellow/gold footwear though). It would seem to be the typical Smallville-ized re-imaging of the character.

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
P.S. I bet if Cham showed up he would be wearing an orange t-shirt and if Shady showed up she would have a blue shirt or bikini top.... don't you think?

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm thinking that green make-up might look pretty cheesy on a live actor, so maybe it's better this way??
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.