Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion on Smallville (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: Legion on Smallville
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
***DREAMY SIGH!!!!!!!!!***

They're all so cute I can't stand it! this will be the first episode of SMALLVILLE I've ever watched.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
^Yeah, that. [Yes]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Jeepers! On the WB, even the Persuader is hunktastic!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
Jeepers! On the WB, even the Persuader is hunktastic!

I hope the actor playing the Persuader acts the part as well as he looks the part. Muscular actors are a dime a dozen in Hollywood and sometime they may LOOK the part, but once they open their mouths and don't ACT the part it's very easy to lose interest quickly from then on. I hope the actor does the Fatal Five proud. Maybe then we might see the rest of the Five in future episodes! [Shudder]
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Matter Eater Lad
Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anti-Matter Eater Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Anti-Matter Eater Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The main reason I'm watching Smallville this season is for the Legion episode. Now that I've seen the previews I fear it all. I want it to be good but these actors look like the One Tree Hill cast of LSH. The actress playing Saturn Girl has a lame shot of her touching her head. Lightning Lad looks like he belongs in a peanut butter commercial and Cosmic Boy looks like a bad Keanu Reeves imitator. I am hoping for a passable episode at the very least. But thus far the episodes have been so weak. Will Geoff Johns save it? Can he save Smallville?

--------------------
We are Legion!

From: Los Angeles 3009 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
It would be strange if this episode of the TV show were hugely popular beyond DC's wildest expectations-- At the very moment when they don't seem to know exactly what to do with Legion at all. Gotta' wonder what would happen. Would there be another Legion show, but live-action and more like Smallville itself ?

[passes around popcorn]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
11 more days to go....11 more days!! gotta make sure it's recorded on my DVR.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Countdown Time:

10 Days!

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
9 days!

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
8 Days and counting!
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king

Hey, check out this month's issue of Wizard magazine. It has a two-page article with Geoff Johns telling about the behind the scenes origin and conception of the up-coming Legion episode.
Pretty insightful stuff.
It also has a nice picture of Johns with the three actors playing the founders in their cool new Smallville outfits.

... and the countdown to the 15th continues ...

Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
The current TV guide magazine also has a two page spread. Not really any new information for us here at LW, but cool to see it in mass media like that! Fanboys rejoice! (that's a quote from the table of contents which references the Legion 2 page spread on pages 38 & 39).

If any of my fellow AR Legion collectors wants to get the issue, look for the January 12-18, 2009 issue, with Grissom of CSI on the cover (it's his final week on the show).

1 week from tonight, baby!!! [Smile]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
An early morning 6 days to go!

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king

quote:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
The current TV guide magazine also has a two page spread. Not really any new information for us here at LW, but cool to see it in mass media like that! Fanboys rejoice! (that's a quote from the table of contents which references the Legion 2 page spread on pages 38 & 39).

If any of my fellow AR Legion collectors wants to get the issue, look for the January 12-18, 2009 issue, with Grissom of CSI on the cover (it's his final week on the show).

1 week from tonight, baby!!! [Smile]

They cancelled publication of the Canadian TV guide magazine up here some time ago and their on-line site doesn't mention anything about the Legion episode.
[Frown]
Would anyone care to scan and post that article for us TV Guide-deprived Canadians?

rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's one article from TV Guide:

"Think of them as FEMA, only with spandex and kicky boots.

In the devastating wake of what happens at the end of this week's Smallville episode — let's just say that Davis isn't feeling like himself and Chloe is due for a helluva honeymoon — Clark's hometown is going to need a super clean-up crew. Cue the arrival of Saturn Girl (aka Imra Ardeen), Lightning Lad (Garth Ranzz) and Cosmic Boy (Rokk Krinn), all of whom travel far to tackle this task — specifically, from the 31st century.

Played by Alexz Johnson (well-known for her run as Jude on Instant Star), Calum Worthy (who has had a handful of appearances on Psych) and Ryan Kennedy (from CTV's Whistler), the trio of helping hands will effectively introduce Clark to the famed Legion of Super-Heroes — which he, as Superman, one day will join.

The three Legionnaires are slated to make their debut in Smallville's first episode back following the midseason break: "Legion," penned by Geoff Johns (a favorite scribe of DC Comics fans) and airing Jan. 15.

What's your take, Smallville fans? Thrilled to see Clark take another step closer to his destiny?"

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.