Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Emeral Empress back on TV (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Emeral Empress back on TV
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Just found this on another message board. The "World's Finest" site has what it's calling an updated list of appearances on "Batman: The Brave and the Bold." On the list are Booster Gold as an ally and Emerald Empress as a villain. No further explanation.

Here's the full post: http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=242

I have to say, the villain list looks pretty weak, but what's the deal with Em? How are they going to make that work without the Fatal Five?

I know nothing about this site, so I have no idea how reliable the information is.

The new series starts Nov. 14 on Cartoon Network. I was planning on watching anyway, but now I'll definitely be setting a Season Pass on Tivo.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm.. Black Manta & Ocean Master. Will they be teaming up to go against Bats & Aquaman or does Aquaman have two episodes?

Also no Batman villains listed. They do say the list is incomplete. No established Batman villains that is. Kite Man, Calendar Man are Batman villains. Possibly Zebra Man too.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Zebra Man? I'd never heard of this character. Google turned up a Japanese movie about a super*hero* with that name. And a Ringling Brothers/Barnum & Bailey freak that went by that name.

Adding 'DC' got me the info-- there've actually been two Zebra Men. One appeared in fairly early Detective Comics and the second in the original Outsiders.

He has the power to repel and attract objects that *aren't* metal. Either his uniform has black and white stripes, or his power manifests with that pattern on his body.

Hmmm. I think I would've preferred a more animal-based persona.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
i'm really not feeling this whole "Brave & the Bold series,..just when "The Batman" was really getting good *actually i was lovingthe series from the get go since but alot of folks were not liking it initially* they decide to end it and bring in this version and i'm like why do this when what was going on before was working?

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry, false alert. Ben Jones, a director for the B&B series, said that the Empress doesn't appear after all. He said that it stems from a rumor posted to Wikipedia.
Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
That's too bad. I think she makes a better villain than Zebra-Man

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, well. Maybe they can do a Legion episode ala Adv. 247, but with Batman. [Smile]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting Idea Seymour! I imagine a 31st century team based on Batman might look somewhat different though. I'm surprised DC never tried this.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
Drake: you mean like this cover from Detective 247:

-

Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Interesting Idea Seymour! I imagine a 31st century team based on Batman might look somewhat different though. I'm surprised DC never tried this.

One of the many little details of the Great Darkness Saga that irks me even today is that the many-times-removed-descendent of Bruce Wayne died. I kinda loved the idea that he was a noir-style gumshoe.

That Dave Cockrum vampire-character (who was supposed to be Nightcrawlers sister, or perhaps Timber Wolfs?) absolutely belongs in a Legion of the Bat. I'd make her Brin's 'sister' only in the sense that she, like Brin, was experimented upon, and while he got vaguely lycanthropic wolf-like traits, she got quasi-vampirir bat-like traits.

Night Girl and Shadow Lass totally belong in a Legion of the Bat, too!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Just found this on another message board. The "World's Finest" site has what it's calling an updated list of appearances on "Batman: The Brave and the Bold." On the list are Booster Gold as an ally and Emerald Empress as a villain. No further explanation.

Here's the full post: http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=242

I have to say, the villain list looks pretty weak, but what's the deal with Em? How are they going to make that work without the Fatal Five?

I know nothing about this site, so I have no idea how reliable the information is.

The new series starts Nov. 14 on Cartoon Network. I was planning on watching anyway, but now I'll definitely be setting a Season Pass on Tivo.

Nov. 14? Really? I heard it wasn't premiering until March 2009. If this is true, I'm pleasantly surprised.

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Alternate cover:

Click for fullsize image

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Alternate cover:

Click for fullsize image

Cute. But they should have renamed Saturn Girl "Baturn Girl"

--------------------

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
They?
Hmmmppff!

I can fix that, I couldn't think of anything "cute" enough for Imra. I kind of rushed it.

edit: fixed [Big Grin]

Click for fullsize image

btw, props to Klordny for a cute idea. Thanks!

[ October 06, 2008, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: Yellow Kid ]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
The original cover with Animated Batman was Scott's, btw.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.